View Full Version : Float for parade

Mainemom
05-31-2007, 09:31 AM
Our figure skating club participates in a big parade in August every year (okay, big for Maine...) and this year we were thinking of making two big wooden skates to attach to the sides of a pickup trucks with laces made of rope. I was curious as to what other clubs do for parades. We really want to stand out this year, instead of just walking behind our banner and handing out ice cubes. Any creative types out there with ideas?

Skate@Delaware
06-01-2007, 05:55 PM
Ours are usually themed with our "Nutcracker on Ice" winter show. Last year we put our big storybook on the float, our ballet bar for the skater to hold onto and some of our plastic ice down...then when we stopped in front of the judges our main skater did a spin. We also had presents, fluffy "snow" and a huge nutcracker.

http://tkahline.sk8rland.com/TKahline/Pictures%20and%20Video/Pictures/Ice%20Shows/2006%20Nutcracker%20Float

dbny
06-01-2007, 06:59 PM
Sorry I don't have any ideas, but this brings to mind the year our roller skating club participated in a parade. I had always wanted to be in a parade, so this was a really big deal to me. The idea was that the rink would have a float, and we would all skate along each side holding an attached streamer of crepe paper. Enter rain and cobblestone streets :x - It was a huge, miserable mess, and I was cured of parade participation forever :lol:.