View Full Version : How do they test you for Synchronized Skating?

FSWer
05-30-2007, 07:41 PM
Say,I was just wondering how they test you for Synchronized Skating in different countries around the world. So if you test differently then in the US. please tell how you are tested.

Clarice
05-30-2007, 08:42 PM
There aren't any synchronized skating tests in the US. Well, there used to be, but they've discontinued them because nobody ever took them. They weren't required for competition. Synchronized skaters have to pass Moves in the Field tests to be eligible for teams at certain levels, though. What level the team is depends on how many skaters there are, how old they are, and what Moves tests they have passed. The team doesn't take any kind of test as a group.

FSWer
05-30-2007, 09:14 PM
Oh,I see. Though,LOL, I'm a little confused. How can no skaters never take test?

Clarice
05-30-2007, 09:20 PM
Well, for instance, my team is an Open Adult team. There are no test requirements at all. We just have to have 8 to 12 skaters willing to be on the team, and most of them have to be 19 years old or older. That's it. If we wanted to be a regular Adult team, we'd need 12 to 20 skaters, at least 21 years old but most of them 25 or older, AND they'd all have had to pass the Preliminary or Adult Bronze Moves test, or the Preliminary Dance test, or the Preliminary Figures test. But the team as a group doesn't take any tests.

Mel On Ice
05-30-2007, 11:05 PM
I believe the tests are still listed in the book, as levels 1-5, but there are no "trial" judge's papers available at the USFSA website. I've never heard of anyone taking a synchro test. To be on my old adult team, you had to have passed ISI 1 or at least the prelim dances. We learned the elements as we went along.

Thin-Ice
05-31-2007, 04:14 AM
I believe the tests are still listed in the book, as levels 1-5, but there are no "trial" judge's papers available at the USFSA website. I've never heard of anyone taking a synchro test. To be on my old adult team, you had to have passed ISI 1 or at least the prelim dances. We learned the elements as we went along.

The tests are still in the current rulebook.. but they will be out of the one that comes out this fall. They had set up the tests, but apparently only ONE team ever took any of them.. so at Governing Council this year, they decided to delete that section from the rulebook.

chantelly
05-31-2007, 08:07 AM
I did Novice, Prelim and Bronze synchro tests in the Uk back when it was called Precision! We all did the same program and 4 or 5 did the test at once with coloured bibs on. That was in about 1996! It was a very strange experience because you had to do the same test about 5 times and if one person failed it felt awful! xx