View Full Version : Skating Club Bingos :?:

singerskates
09-18-2002, 10:07 PM
Any one done a bingo for a skating club? I'm doing 4 sessions this coming Saturday. Because I skate intermediate, I either have to pay $200 or do 8 sessions. Glad I'm not senior or else I'd have to do 12 sessions or pay $300. This is on top of the $700 plus Skate Canada and club registration I paid. So, doing the bingos will help me save money down the road, say like March. The sessions I'll be doing are from 10 am to 6pm this Saturday. I don't skate Saturday but I won't be getting to do anything much else Saturday.

They say, I'll be selling bingo cards, American and Canadian. The Canadian cards have holes. I live in Windsor, ON which is across from Detroit, Mi. USA so that's why we have to sell both.

How many of you adult skaters do skating bingos to save bucks?

Lee
09-18-2002, 10:22 PM
I worked bingos to help support my daughter's skating for over 12 years. It also helped bring in a significant amount of money to the club which helped keep fees down all around.

dbny
09-19-2002, 05:51 PM
I haven't heard of this around here. Last year our club raffled tix to an NHL hockey game to raise funds. In addition to selling 20 tix at $5 each, I designed and printed them with Access and Crystal Reports, to save the money of having them professionally done. The worst part was cutting and stapling. This year our club is going to require non-participants to pay extra, as there were several families last year who "do not buy and do not sell." :evil:

I would rather do bingo, as I think I would enjoy it.