View Full Version : When nice weather attacks

FallDownGoBoom
05-28-2007, 11:13 AM
Skate or tend to the garden.
Hit that nice 10-to-noon public or tend to the garden.
Drop in at that won't-remotely-be-crowded-on-my-day-off-no-less-session or tend to the garden.

It's so easy to blow out the door in winter and head to the rink. But in this kind of weather, it's so much easier to blow out the door and plop into an Adirondack chair. (Bonus: three adoring kitty kats on patio bug patrol. "Look, mummy! Carpenter ant! Maaaa-rhow!")

Sigh. I had a good time puttering in the garden. But maybe ... maybe ... I should have gone skating.

The guilt!

Clarice
05-28-2007, 12:04 PM
I went skating.

When the choice is between ice or an allergy attack, there's no contest! I do just enough gardening to keep my neighbors from calling the city. In the fall, I usually leave everything alone for the winter to provide wildlife habitat (the birds love me).

Besides, I have a test in 2 weeks. I don't think the extra practice is going to save me, though. Brackets are evil.

mdvask8r
05-28-2007, 01:17 PM
I went skating.

When the choice is between ice or an allergy attack, there's no contest! . . . . I don't think the extra practice is going to save me, though. Brackets are evil.
I could not agree more, Clarice! Is it Gold MIF you are working on? That BO bracket is out to kill me. 8O

Clarice
05-28-2007, 01:50 PM
Yup, Gold MIF. It's my first crack at this test, so I won't be at all surprised if I don't pass this time. My strategy on brackets is: Live through them, and score high on everything else. I'm also doing my first 2 dance tests - Dutch Waltz and Canasta. Those I have a prayer of passing, so the day won't be a total loss.

I did the garden last week - weeded the perennials and plopped in a few annuals. Now I can ignore it for awhile. Plants in my world have to be able to fend for themselves.

Sessy
05-28-2007, 03:37 PM
I can seriously say nice weather is not going to keep me from skating at all. If I had a garden, it'd be transformed to a figure skating exercising thing with a trampoline and rollerskating area.
But look at it this way, vitamin B2 (or is that B12? which is synthesized with the help of sunlight by your body?) is also good for your body.

jazzpants
05-28-2007, 03:44 PM
Garden? Skating? No contest! (I HATE garden! I HATE bugs!!!) :twisted:

Good luck on your Gold MIF test, Clarice!

Sk8pdx
05-28-2007, 05:56 PM
I have a black thumb. I can't seem to get anything to grow. :frus:

Except I do have an angel trumpet plant that is thriving! Perhaps my curse of the black thumb has been broken????

For me there's no contest: Skating wins!:)

~sk8pdx

Terri C
05-28-2007, 06:24 PM
I do not do plants...however we just got a new dog on Saturday and I was able to take her for her first walk this afternoon after work (I had to work today).
Skating- was planning to do that until it was posted on the rink website yesterday, yes we just heard about this yesterday that the rink would be closed today!! Yeah my rink is really managed well, (cough, cough!) :roll:

techskater
05-28-2007, 06:37 PM
Congrats on the new dog, Terri! I got my second the week of ANs.

Raye
05-29-2007, 02:02 AM
So what kind of dog did you get? Got any pictures yet? :halo:

jskater49
05-29-2007, 04:23 AM
I enjoy gardening but there's no conflict since I skate in the wee hours of the am and garden in the cool of the evening.

j

sk8er1964
05-29-2007, 09:49 AM
Yup, Gold MIF. It's my first crack at this test, so I won't be at all surprised if I don't pass this time. My strategy on brackets is: Live through them, and score high on everything else.

That worked for me. Seriously. 8-)