View Full Version : Question about Dance Boots.

Hydroblade
05-27-2007, 03:56 PM
So I'm doing pre-novice dance this year and I've decided to get dance boots and blades. I've decided on MK dance blades but I have a question about boots.
I have always worn risport boots and I noticed they have a new dance boot being released this year. I was wondering if it is being circulated in Canada and if anyone has tried them out? I am also looking a jackson dance boots but i've never had jacksons before so If anyone knows about them I would love to know about them to.

Thanks

flo
05-28-2007, 12:11 PM
Hi,
I have had Jackson Dance boots for about a month now. I do singles fs and pairs - no dance. I like the lower cut and the elastic cuff. I can point my toe, and even more important, my heel does not come up. I usually get dance scallops in my fs boots anyway, and I really like them. I got these after two pairs of boots that just didn't fit. I'm at gold pairs and silver fs level. Actually last Thursday I tried doubles in these boots and they were fine - they're my usual fs stiffness.

The one problem I've had is theat the area where the elastic meets the leather irritates the back of my foot. I think this could be made a little better by covering it with a flap of soft leather.

phoenix
05-28-2007, 03:48 PM
I know 2 mid-level dancers who are very unhappy w/ their Jackson dance boots.

CanAmSk8ter
05-30-2007, 11:53 AM
My only complaint with the Jackson dance boots is that the tongue tends to slide to the side, whcih means I feel like I can bend more on one side of my leg than the other (does that make any sense? I don't know how to explain it). It's not a problem really, just kind of annoying, although now that I think of it, it hasn't happened lately. I had a synchro teammate with the same boots and she said it happened to her too, but I've also had several friends in the same boots with no problems. Overall I like the Jacksons a lot- they're the only stock boots I can really wear- and will probably get another pair when these break down.

I didn't realize Risport had a dance boot. A lot of the dancers have worn Risports for years because of the higher heel and lower cut even in the regular boots. I had three pairs of Super Diamantes before I tried custom Harlicks and then the Jacksons.