View Full Version : What level Pairs or Ice-Dancer are you?

FSWer
05-25-2007, 09:36 PM
I hope this isn't too personal. But I was just wondering what level Pairs and Ice-Dance Teams do we have here?

flo
05-28-2007, 12:12 PM
Gold pairs! I've competed at adult, gold and masters.

phoenix
05-28-2007, 06:30 PM
On paper, I would be Novice dance minus the moves requirement. However, in real life application, I'm really more like Juvenile.

Hydroblade
05-29-2007, 06:02 PM
I've passed the pre-novice dance test and now we just completed our freedance! I think the poll should be a little more open so that all levels can be included.

FSWer
05-29-2007, 06:57 PM
Gold pairs! I've competed at adult, gold and masters.

Say,what exactly is Gold Pairs or Gold Dance? What puts you at that level?

sk8er1964
05-29-2007, 09:55 PM
FSWer, Gold pairs is an adult test, as opposed to the standard track that you are used to.

We have Pre-Bronze, Bronze, Silver and Gold. I believe that a test structure was recently introduced for adult pair teams (before that it was based on the highest freestyle level of a partner - please, anyone, correct me if I am wrong).

When I've competed pairs, I've done so at the Gold level with a Silver level partner. That's because of my freestyle tests - and the fact that he likes a chance to try doubles in competiton :lol: Unfortunately, he's been injured so no pairs for me for the past year or so.

Not sure about the dancers.

flo
05-30-2007, 08:08 AM
Hi,
The pairs levels for adults for competition and testing have been evolving over the last 15 years. First there were adult and master levels for competing an no adult levels for competition. When I started, I took the standard pairs tests, and that or your freestyle level determined at what level you competed. Since then adult pair tests have been introduced and for the majority of competitions, but not all, these are also used for competition levels.

You can also partner with someone one level different than yours and compete at the higher level. So as a gold pair I can partner with someone who qualifies as a silver, gold or master pair.