View Full Version : What do your L/S Program uniforms for 2007 look like?

FSWer
05-24-2007, 08:00 PM
Say,I hope this isn't personal. But I was just wondering what everyone's skating uniforms for both their L/S Programs of 2007 look like? Please include your Discipline,and uniforms for all Disciplines if you do more then one. Synchro. included.

coskater64
05-25-2007, 03:39 AM
I don't wear a uniform, I wear a dress or if I'm feeling racy a unitard. Why?8O

Mrs Redboots
05-25-2007, 04:27 AM
Don't forget most of us don't have short & long programmes - only the very good skaters aspire to that level!

And most of us adults recycle our clothes from year to year - I have no new dresses this year, and Husband only has a new pair of trousers because his old pair are apt to split when he does a spiral or drag, so have been downgraded to compulsory dance only.

Clarice
05-25-2007, 06:34 AM
I haven't designed the dress for my free skate yet, I just know it's probably going to be blue. I usually make my own dresses, so I have to sketch a bunch of ideas first, before I settle on what I plan to do.

Our synchro team is very new, so we're going very simple with the costumes so people won't be too overwhelmed with expenses. Just black pants, white tops, and a vest. We're doing an exhibition at our competition, and then probably won't perform until the Christmas show. It's hard getting 8 schedules coordinated!

Skittl1321
05-25-2007, 07:56 AM
Right now I only have a "show" type routine- and because I don't have the money to buy a nice skating dress, I'm wearing one I got out of a hand me down skate stuff bag.

It's a black dress with all different colored "fireworks" on it. It's sleeveless and has spaghetti straps that cross into a racer back. The skirt is a bit longer in the back, which is nice- but not dance length.

I like it

jazzpants
05-25-2007, 11:35 AM
I don't have a L/S, only a short... and a very short one too!!! :P

Well, given the programs I've chosen, the theme seems to be RED this year! (For those reading the Parlor...DRATS! Not my favorite color purple :x ... but I'm pretty sure my coaches would NOT want me to do a Prince medley number. :P )

Technical number is a Spanish theme this year. So there will be some form of red and black this year. I'm doing a local skating dress costumer this year that a lot of the skaters go to since I just LOVE his designs!!!

The Interp was one that I've been working on since probably 2004 but got promptly shelved b/c we just couldn't finish it in time for Skate SF! :P :lol: . But I may approach my secondary coach to resurrect it again since I love what she did at the beginning 45 seconds of it. It's very LOTR...and I have a particular dress that Arwen is wearing in the movie that I want to translate to a skating dress. But it's really not a character piece since the piece is not really specifically Arwen and it's definitely NOT comedic, I think I'm opting for it to be an artistic/dramatic program.

techskater
05-25-2007, 04:00 PM
Jazz-
Just because the music is Spanish themed doesn't mean you HAVE to wear red and black. My new music is Spanished themed and I am designing a purple/fuscia/gold dress to wear.

mikawendy
05-25-2007, 04:46 PM
I don't have a L/S, only a short... and a very short one too!!! :P

Well, given the programs I've chosen, the theme seems to be RED this year! (For those reading the Parlor...DRATS! Not my favorite color purple :x ... but I'm pretty sure my coaches would NOT want me to do a Prince medley number. :P )

I think a Prince medley would make a really neat interp program! (And there are some interesting covers of his songs, too.)

I don't know what color my dress will be yet. I'm on the hunt for music. I have this idea for a dress that is deep royal blue and turquoise, but I'll have to see how the music goes before picking a dress color. I'm also sorta hoping that I wind up being able to use the sparkly pale green freestyle dress that I've been using lately, as I LURRRVE it and have only gotten to wear it once since it's been stoned! I wore it a number of times before stoning it, but only once with stones.