View Full Version : What types of Synchronized Skaters do we have here?

FSWer
05-24-2007, 11:40 AM
Say,I hope this time I'm not getting too personal. But I was just wondering what types of Synchronized Skaters by majority we have here? Are you a.....

Clarice
05-24-2007, 12:04 PM
Nope, you're not too personal with this poll! :) I'm on an Open Adult team. There are 3 different kinds of adult synchro teams in the US. Open Adult has 8-12 skaters, most of whom are age 19 or older (which means some could be younger than 19). There are also no test requirements at this level. A regular Adult synchro team has 12-20 skaters, all of whom are age 21 or older, and most of those have to be age 25 or older. They have to have passed the Preliminary or Adult Bronze Moves test or the Preliminary Dance test or the Preliminary Figures test. Finally, there are Adult Masters teams. Those also have 12-20 skaters, but they have to be at least age 25 with most of them age 35 or older. There are no test requirements for a Masters team. We're kind of a beginning team - this is the first year we've had 8 skaters. Some of them are still in the Learn To Skate program. As a team, we can't do crossovers yet, although some of us can do them on our own. We have a lot of fun with the moves we can do, though!

Raye
05-24-2007, 12:22 PM
I skate on a Masters team. When we started, most of us could only do a very limited number of moves. I am amazed at how well we have all progressed. It seems that we all inspire each other to do far more than we would have alone.