View Full Version : To all our Pairs and Synchronized Skaters who post here.

FSWer
05-20-2007, 09:11 PM
LOL, say,I know that both Pairs Skating and Synchronized Skating take years for skaters to profect. But what I would love to know from all you Pairs Skaters and Synchronized Skaters who post here is.....how long did it it take you YOURSELVES to profect your skating?

Clarice
05-21-2007, 07:30 AM
Nobody ever perfects their skating. There's always something to improve and something new to learn.

Sessy
05-21-2007, 08:33 AM
Nobody ever perfects their skating. There's always something to improve and something new to learn.

Agree!

Mom's been dancing since she was about 15 and she danced (ballroom) at the Dutch top level and internationally. EVERY time she watches a new tape of one of her competitions (we're still filming on tape) she's like OH NO. Look at this mistake, look at that mistake.

Heck, even Evgeni Plushenko dropped his shoulder or something like that on the double toeloop at the end of one of his combinations on the last Olympics... I mean really, nobody's perfect.

TreSk8sAZ
05-21-2007, 09:38 AM
Skating takes years to perfect period. Adding another person to match your skating just creates a temporary goal, and adds more time. Unison can be learned -- rarely perfected.

Raye
05-22-2007, 03:36 AM
When I joined a synchro team, it helped me become a 'neater' skater. Untidy mohawks and turns can have DISASTROUS results when you are in a lineup with a bunch of others. I have also become a stronger skater in order to keep up with the line. These benefits have carried over to dance, interpretive and freeskate. It all works together.