View Full Version : New Boots, Finally!

dbny
05-19-2007, 09:53 PM
My accountant told me I need more business expenses, and now that I have a good coaching job, I have the money to go ahead with new boots and blades.

After much investigation and with input from many of you, I decided that if Don Klingbeil could not make my feet happy, then no one could. Also, it did not make sense to me to buy boots from a company a continent away, when Klingbeil's is just 30 minutes from my front door. So, yesterday I went in for a fitting and an adjustment to my current boots. After measuring my feet again, Don told me what I've been feeling all along, that my boots are now too big for my feet. I've lost about 35 pounds since I got them. My new boots may even be a bit shorter than my current boots, necessitating shorter blades. Don said I won't want to wear my old boots at all after I get the new ones, but I'll keep them for emergencies anyway. I love skating barefoot, so I'm getting the smooth leather lining, which is better in that case, and sticking with white boots. Did I say I can't wait?

On a sad note, Bill Klingbeil is now in a nursing home.

Isk8NYC
05-21-2007, 07:13 AM
I'm sorry to hear about Bill Klingbeil. He's such a great person, it's sad that his health is so poor. At least his wife is getting some respite from providing care for him, although I'm sure she's right there with him every day.

Good for you on the new boots. Any notes about the insoles? Let me know when you're going to pick them up - I need a few adjustments and I'll come with.