View Full Version : How many years have you been competing?

FSWer
05-19-2007, 09:27 PM
Say,how many years have you been a competitor?

jazzpants
05-19-2007, 11:13 PM
I don't know how to count this: I only compete about once a year at Skate San Francisco... and I did 2001, 2003, 2004 and 2005. I also did my very first Adult Sectionals in 2006. So if you were counting years from the year I started, I did about 5.5 years. But if you were thinking in terms of years of experience in competing it's probably more like 1.5-2 years.

FSWer
05-19-2007, 11:27 PM
Yes,from the time you started competing. Also I'd love to know how long it took all you competitors to get used to competing in front of a large audiance of people?

jazzpants
05-20-2007, 12:04 AM
Also I'd love to know how long it took all you competitors to get used to competing in front of a large audiance of people?Ummmm... I'm still trying to get used to competing in front of a large audience of people??? :oops: :P (I will say though that the LARGE and LOUD Adult Sectionals and Skate SF cheering section helped a LOT thru my "stage fright" though, thank you VERY much!!! :bow: :bow: :bow: :mrgreen: )

Mrs Redboots
05-20-2007, 01:41 AM
Too long! Nearly ten years, and I'm still at the bottom of the lowest level! I do improve - the trouble is, so does everybody else.....

Raye
05-20-2007, 04:00 AM
Two and a half years, and it didn't take me any time at all to get used to an audience and judges - I am rather a ham at heart - oink oink :halo:

looplover
05-20-2007, 07:28 AM
Six months and I have to learn to smile during programs. I look like someone's trying to kill me!

CanadianAdult
05-20-2007, 08:46 AM
Two and a half years, and it didn't take me any time at all to get used to an audience and judges - I am rather a ham at heart - oink oink :halo:

Raye's been on the farm too long :twisted:

I've done two Adult Nationals. I like the performing part, actually having to do elements while skating is a different story. A "large" audience for adults might be 200 people.

I'll do say this, it's harder skating in front of all your friends and family than it is skating in front of strangers. My friends know darn well when I've cheated my flip.