View Full Version : Help wanted: Skating GA

Bill_S
05-16-2007, 01:36 PM
I mentioned in the practice thread that my coach was leaving the university, and she had held a graduate assistant position at the rink running much of the figure skating activities. That position is now open for a graduate student who may be attending the university here (Ohio University, Athens, OH).

This is excerpted from Nadia's goodbye email:

"... as for the LTS program I have just hired Kim as a manager along with Leah. We are also sending out information about the Graduate Assistant position to other schools (Miami, Western Mich, and BG) looking for candidates. We ARE in search for someone with a Synchro background to develop the program further. "

So if anyone here who is thinking about attending Ohio University as a graduate student, here's an opportunity to earn while you learn as well as having a valuable experience for a resume if skating is your future.

Don't contact me... I'm just a skater. If you ARE interested, contact Marcus Marazon, Rink Director at 740-593-4679. Marcus' web page is here:

http://www.ohiou.edu/recreation/staff/staff_marazon.htm

I'm so BUMMED that Nadia is leaving, but I wish her well. Here's a chance for someone equally talented and energetic to step into her shoes.