View Full Version : Anyone here know the reg. Public Skating times for Newington Ice Arena?

FSWer
05-13-2007, 02:58 PM
Say,I was wondering if there is anyone here who skates at,or is familar with the Public Skating schedule at Newington Ice Arena in Connecticut who can please tell me if they have such a thing as a set year-round schedule for public skating? I went to the Public Skating,and all I got was a monthly calendar of times that can be subject to change. But is there also a set list of times there not showing that I might have to call the Rink for, in order to plan on MY end a good time to schedule to go down? Thanks.

Tiggerwoos
05-13-2007, 03:02 PM
Here's the timetable for you........ think it's the right place.

http://www.newingtonarena.com/publicskate.html

FSWer
05-13-2007, 08:09 PM
Does anyone know if those are set times month by month? Or if you have to check each calendar for the schedule?

stardust skies
05-13-2007, 08:59 PM
Something can always happen to change a public skating schedule - hockey game, figure skating competition, private ice being rented during public session time, the zamboni breaking down...if you're concerned about making a trip and having the session cancelled, I would just call before you go to make sure they're having the session that day.

CanAmSk8ter
05-21-2007, 11:53 AM
They usually release their schedules one month at a time. Late in the month you can start looking for the next month's schedule on the website. Newington has a lot of hockey camps during the summer, and tournaments year-round, so it's always a good idea to call or double-check the website before heading over there if you're driving a long distance.

FSWer
05-28-2007, 07:40 PM
Ok,I just found out that the Rink is going to be changing to a Summer schedule come July. Is there anyone here who skates there,or that skates during their Public Skating that would know what the Summer schedule is, and if that is done monthly as well? Anyone know if there is any way to settle on one type of schedle on your end that your going to go down yearly? Thanks.

Sylvia
05-28-2007, 09:55 PM
Anyone know if there is any way to settle on one type of schedle on your end that your going to go down yearly? Thanks.
As others have mentioned, the rink schedules will change throughout the year, so it's best to check the monthly public skating schedule online at http://www.newingtonarena.com/publicskate.html or call the rink at 860-665-7825 before you make the trip there. I saw a note on the website that the Newington rink will be closed on Wednesday, July 4, 2007 for the national holiday.

CanAmSk8ter
05-30-2007, 11:39 AM
By the end of June you should be able to get the July schedule. The schedules come out about once a month year-round, so no, there's no way to decide when you're going to skate for the whole year. If that's a problem for you, you might need to look into public skating times at other area rinks too.