View Full Version : anyone who lives near orlando/st petersburg (in florida obviously)...

peanutskates
05-13-2007, 01:55 PM
Hi

Uhh what a dilemma - I'm going to Florida soon, and will be in two places. Orlando, then St Petersburg. Problem is, I can't really go shopping for new skates in Orlando since I can't then compare prices with St Petersburg, cuz I'm not coming back to Orlando.

I found 2 shops in Kissimmee and Orlando. I emailed the one in Orlando, but couldn't find websites of the other shop which is:

Pro Shop
2064 Bearing Lane
Kissimmee
FL34744

Also, in Clearwater, the Standing Ovations shop:

Standing Ovations
2340 State Road 580
Clearwater
FL33763

And the Sunblades Ice Arena pro shop:

Sunblades Ice Arena
13940 Icot Blvc
Clearwater
FL 33760

If anyone lives near any of those places and it's not too much trouble, I would really appreciate if they could check out the prices for:

Risport RF3 boots (Ladies, Junior)
Coronation Ace blades

And possibly the RF2 and RF4 models, in case I decide on those instead.

I'm obviously going to try on the boots before I buy, but if, for example, the boots in Orlando are cheaper than St Petersburg, then I could buy them there without worrying about the St Petersburg prices... you get the idea.

Anyway, if anyone could do this ASAP (as in, within 7 days) I would be really, really grateful! Thanks in advance

peanutskates :bow:

newskaker5
05-13-2007, 02:19 PM
Can you call or email the shops and ask them the prices? Most pro shops can tell you ahead of time

peanutskates
05-13-2007, 02:27 PM
lol, good idea...
I'll call tomorrow and update the board to say whether that's been helpful...

Lenny2
05-15-2007, 12:18 PM
I doubt that any of those shops carry Risport. That is not a common brand in Florida. You usually see Riedell, Jackson and sometimes Graf. Others must be ordered on-line, where you usually get the best prices anyway.

Mrs Redboots
05-15-2007, 01:42 PM
Yes, Peanutskates - Risport is a UK brand, and will be very considerably more expensive in the US than it is here! As, indeed, will the blades, which will be subject to local taxes and import-duties (all John Wilson and Coronation Ace blades are made in the UK and are far cheaper over here).

You may well do better to wait until you get home for your new boots and blades.

peanutskates
05-15-2007, 02:59 PM
actually, Risport is an Italian brand
I want to check the prices in the US anyway, and then I'll see which is cheaper.
I need to try on the boots first, and the stupid local shop here said they can order the boots, but then I have an obligation to buy them... where can I try them on? any skating shops that stock them near chelmsford?