View Full Version : Mother's Day on Ice

FSWer
05-12-2007, 02:20 PM
Say,did any skaters here get to see the specail "Mother's Day on Ice Celebration" that was on TV. today? I just saw it,and it was good. Though I must admit,I caught the last part of it. Say I also have a qustion. I saw the kids on that show and was just wondering.....how does a young skater who is not famous yet,or possibly just skating for fun, even make themselves KNOWN that they even exest. So they can get on a show like that?

Joan
05-12-2007, 05:07 PM
Didn't know it was on. I wish I'd seen it!

Mrs Redboots
05-13-2007, 06:42 AM
Here, Mother's Day was six weeks ago!

icedancer2
05-13-2007, 03:10 PM
I looked at the TV guide and also on the skating television website and didn't see it listed - maybe it was just in your area?

dbny
05-13-2007, 04:14 PM
I wish I had seen it! Anyway, as I worked from 11 AM to 3 PM today, I had my very own Mother's Day on ice :lol:.

doubletoe
05-14-2007, 12:42 AM
Say,did any skaters here get to see the specail "Mother's Day on Ice Celebration" that was on TV. today? I just saw it,and it was good. Though I must admit,I caught the last part of it. Say I also have a qustion. I saw the kids on that show and was just wondering.....how does a young skater who is not famous yet,or possibly just skating for fun, even make themselves KNOWN that they even exest. So they can get on a show like that?

The skaters just have to know the right people. Usually, their coaches are connected somehow.

je
05-14-2007, 05:05 PM
If that was the same show I saw a week ago, I didn't actually think it was so great. It was a compilation of 10+ year-old performances by well-known skaters, interspersed with short interviews and a snippet or two of skating of current skaters. It looked like all of the interviews were from one rink in Texas. I don't remember which. What annoyed me was that the performances were taken from everywhere--mostly from old TV specials, like Michelle Kwan in China, Dorothy Hamill in Cinderella (I think), Peggy Fleming in Nutcracker, etc., but then suddenly there was Chen Lu competing at '96 Worlds. I didn't think the little interviews really tied it together, either. It was nice to see Dorothy and Peggy et al skate, but it seemed like something thrown together so the network could have skating for Mother's Day.

Apologies for my negative response, and for posting something here that really belongs in another part of the forum.

Johanna

>Say,did any skaters here get to see the specail "Mother's Day on Ice >Celebration" that was on TV. today?