View Full Version : IceNetwork

lovepairs
05-11-2007, 12:32 PM
It's been nearly a month now and non of us have been able to see our performances from Chicago AN. Not to mention that the Mid Westerns are still not up. What gives? This is really getting rediculous. Thinking about asking for my $$$ back.

Laura,

If you read this, can you please give us an update.

Many thanks,
Lovepairs

jazzpants
05-11-2007, 01:46 PM
This is what I got off the USFSA discussion boards...

Hey guys

You can always get a quicker answer from me on all icenetwork.com stuff!
1. If customer service said they had Mid Adults, I don't know where they got that info. This is the same videographer from UGL, and we all know how long that took to get up there. Icenetwork.com definitely does NOT have that footage.

2. Icenetwork.com currently has all U.S. Adult Championships events from the West Rink in their hands as of yesterday. They are working on encoding them and cutting as quickly as they can. Those will be live when they are ready, regardless of when East Rink is delivered. Local Motion Productions did an excellent job turning around the DVDs as quickly as possible.
3. It is possible, but not guaranteed, so I make no promises, that parts of some big nonquals will be on icenetwork.com this summer.
4. Also, within the week we will be releasing a bunch of free content, which contains some interviews and other cool stuff.
5. Reminder, just ask via e-mail or this forum, icenetwork.com questions to me, but you will ALWAYS get a quicker answer if you e-mail.

Did I answer all the questions?

Laura Fawcett
Director of Online Services
U.S. Figure Skating
lfawcett@usfigureskating.org

Of course, this brings up the question of when our subscription expires... and I did bring up that question on the boards too. ;)

saras
05-11-2007, 08:26 PM
It has been over 2 weeks since Laura F posted that update, and IceNetwork SHOULD be able to give an estimate of how long they think it'll take to code and upload the files they have from the West Rink.

And IMO there is NO reason for the company to take so long to mail out the individually ordered event CDs. If they were charging a nominal amount maybe, but for an expensive service, it's downright objectionable.

pairman2
05-12-2007, 08:19 AM
In the context of a business arrangment, I agree that the icenetwork and the individual video copies are taking way too long.
In the age of Amazon and youtube, what gives?

I can imagine that next year, maybe competitors would be better served by passing a good video cam around, filming each other and emailing the clips that night. This current situation is screaming "obsolete"!! If it's going to take this long, why have it at all.

The point is that in any other business situation, this would not be tolerated.

This should apply to icenetwork as well. While I don't fully understand the exact business arrangement of icenetwork, I beleive it is tied into the new arrangement with NBC as a pilot project. I would think that whatever lower middle management person is watching this pilot project should be concerned about this wait. After all, the parent company has the technology to bring todays news from around the globe and broadcast it on the nightly news. So why can't they get a video clip up on icenetwork withiin one..two..three months?

Joan
05-12-2007, 10:44 AM
I emailed icenetwork.com 2 weeks ago about AN and midwestern sectionals, and I only got a response yesterday, saying "keep checking the website". Nuff said:frus:

jcookie1982
05-13-2007, 09:29 AM
If I buy a subscription today, will it automatically expire in june, or will I still get a full year?

manleywoman
05-13-2007, 10:14 AM
The Mids photographers website has been down for over a month too, so I can't order still photos from Mids. Ugh.