View Full Version : The majority on Pairs and Ice-Dancers here and were they came from.

FSWer
05-10-2007, 06:53 PM
Say, I was wondering who here is partnered by origan, are you a Freestyle skater turned Pairs Skater,a Freestyle skater turned Ice-Dancer, or Ice-Dancer turned Pairs Skater? Also if your a Synchronized Skater,which kind of Partnership did you derive from? I also have a question. Is it possible for a Synchronized Skater to turn Pairs or Ice-Dancer?

Mrs Redboots
05-11-2007, 05:40 AM
I'm an ice-dancer turned ice-dancer, married to my partner. He does do a little freestyle as well.

And most people do solo skating first, then add synchro if they're going to - you have to be able to skate to be on a synchro team!

peanutskates
05-11-2007, 11:12 AM
ignore this too... and sorry for any offence caused

jskater49
05-11-2007, 11:50 AM
I started out with dance, and only turned to freestyle when I moved to a club that had no dance instructors. Now I like to do both

j

Isk8NYC
05-11-2007, 11:57 AM
FSWer, are you writing a book or something?? what's with all the questions? (i mean, half the page is filled with your polls)FSWer is a long-time member of several boards who is very curious about skating.
He just finished his first LTS classes, so he's very excited as well!

peanutskates
05-11-2007, 01:35 PM
ignore me.. sorry to anyone I caused offence

flo
05-14-2007, 09:43 AM
Started as a pair skater and artistic, then added freestyle.

TreSk8sAZ
05-14-2007, 01:06 PM
What about "I have always been an ice-dancer AND freestyle skater?" My old coach started teaching me dance at the same time I was learning freestyle. I've never had one without the other, and I still do both very seriously. Though freestyle practice does sometimes cut into practice time with my partner, since he only does dance and would like to practice more!