View Full Version : Paramount Blades

sexyskates
05-09-2007, 06:32 PM
Paramount Blades

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The new light Paramount blades look interesting. There is a competitive senior ladies teen at my rink who loves hers because they are so light. I know there is a problem with having them sharpened. Any opinions out there?

techskater
05-09-2007, 07:18 PM
Oh please don't start this again! There was a thread that never seemed to end if you go and look at the archives on this item.

dcden
05-09-2007, 07:22 PM
But isn't creating unnecessary drama what we do around here? ;)

jazzpants
05-09-2007, 07:46 PM
But isn't creating unnecessary drama what we do around here? ;)Yeah... otherwise we wouldn't need Moderators!!! :twisted: :lol: (Just kidding, you guys!!! Just seeing if ISk8NYC is reading this... :P )

Getting back to original thread... sexyskates: if you do a search on this board on Paramount blades, you'll find plenty about it... :)

Isk8NYC
05-09-2007, 08:23 PM
Yeah... otherwise we wouldn't need Moderators!!! :twisted: :lol: (Just kidding, you guys!!! Just seeing if ISk8NYC is reading this... :P )

Getting back to original thread... sexyskates: if you do a search on this board on Paramount blades, you'll find plenty about it... :)
That last thread was pretty old BEFORE its last resurrection. I think the thread's closed, but I didn't check, so I could be wrong. An updated discussion about these blades would be useful.

Just FYI: If you search for "Paramount" and click the radio button that says "Show Posts" you see all the posts with the word "Paramount" in them. Sometimes interesting comments about one topic are made in threads that have a completely different topic. Thread drift can be cool!

BTW: In a recent column, the USFSA columnist Mr Edge said he likes Paramounts (http://www.usfigureskating.org/Magazine.asp?id=55&issue=38483)!
*Isk8NYC ducks and runs back to lining up party crafts for her dd's birthday party.*

sexyskates
05-09-2007, 10:15 PM
Sorry, I'm not that proficient here. If it's been awhile since this has been discussed, it looks like paramount has some new models. Opinions appreciated.

Skittl1321
05-10-2007, 07:37 AM
I think more is known about Paramounts by more people than was the case on that last thread.

I have seen quite a few local skaters wearing them- and they all love them. My coach said he wouldn't put anyone 'heavy' on them, as he's seen them bent by larger adult skaters, but if I ever want an advanced blade it would be a good choice (why would I want an advanced blade? Oh, cause it's purple).

I would check with sharpeners near you to make sure they can be sharpened, and then if you're willing to experiment, then go for em :)

stardust skies
05-10-2007, 01:52 PM
Is the old thread still here? Casey said that recently the owner of Paramount Skates emailed him and asked him to remove that thread, and even offered him some free blades in exchange for complying! I think Casey said that he did request the thread be deleted, however, he never got the free blades.

I know some people at the rink who like them, and some people at the rink who hate them. Accross the board, however, is that everyone lost their jumps for about 3 weeks when first getting them before getting used to them, even though most skaters were skating on blades of the same rocker before. I personally wouldn't try them no matter how pretty they are. If something works for you I don't see the point of changing it, especially not for looks.

jazzpants
05-10-2007, 02:01 PM
Is the old thread still here? Casey said that recently the owner of Paramount Skates emailed him and asked him to remove that thread, and even offered him some free blades in exchange for complying! I think Casey said that he did request the thread be deleted, however, he never got the free blades.Yes, indeed! The thread was deleted. I see that Robert Rudolph is still listed as a user but when I clicked on the threads that he posted on, it's gone. Very weird....

I personally wouldn't try them no matter how pretty they are. If something works for you I don't see the point of changing it, especially not for looks.Here here! The only reason I would try them is for vanity reasons. (The purple blades goes SOOOOO nice with the purple boots.) That in itself is NOT a good enough reason for me to go with a new blade.

I'm perfectly happy with my MK Pros... if it ain't broken, why fix it?