View Full Version : Iowa Boot Fitting?

Skittl1321
05-09-2007, 08:21 AM
I've noticed that there are a few other posters in Iowa. I've had a lot of trouble with my boots not being the right size. Too narrow in the front, too wide in the back, exactly the right length.

The boots are almost a year old (I told myself if I paid $250 they need to last at least that long! The pain isn't too bad) so I was going to try to sell them while they are still in good shape (I only skate an hour a week) and look for some new boots.

BUT I really want to go somewhere that knows what they are doing for fittings- or else I'm worried the fit issues are going to crop up again.

Can anyone in Iowa tell me where they get their boots fitted, and why that place is the best? Or am I going to have to drive to Chicago? (I got these through Rainbo, after mailing back and forth for 4 pairs... they fit fine off ice, but on ice they kill me)

Thanks!

quarkiki2
05-09-2007, 08:28 AM
Actually, your coach is the only boot fitter that I know of in the state. ;) But I think he only does Jacksons, so if you're finding that they aren't the right boot for you, he might be able to make another suggestion.

I got mine in Rochester, MN (mine are Reidell, but the shop also does SP-Teri -- I went there because I have a narrow foot). My coach gets hers in Chicago at Rainbo (hers are Jackson). Several members from my synchro team have gone to Minneapolis.

My suspicion is that the Reidell and SP-Teri will be too narrow for your foot off-the-rack, having seen your feet :P

Hope you are feeling better soon! I'm FINALLY getting back to Synchro practice tonight -- had a sick Milo the last week and so I missed the last couple of practices, d'oh! I think DH and Milo will be hanging out at the mall during practice, yay!

jskater49
05-09-2007, 08:53 AM
I don't know anyone that fits boots around here. DD has sent away for all her skates and I had mine fitted in Omaha.

j

Clarice
05-09-2007, 10:16 AM
Ditto the other answers. Most folks I know in Iowa use either Rainbo in Chicago or The Winning Edge in Omaha. Let me check out whether The Winning Edge is coming to the Quad Cities for our June competition - that would be a lot more convenient for you.

Clarice
05-09-2007, 01:52 PM
Okay, Jessi - The Winning Edge will be at the Quad City Sports Center in Davenport for the FSC of the Quad Cities' competition, June 8 - 10. That's only a hour away for you. If you're able to come in that weekend, they'd be able to check the fit of your current boots and try you in new ones. You could call them in advance, so they'd be sure to have the right sizes with them.

Skittl1321
05-09-2007, 03:29 PM
Thanks so much for looking for that!! I really appreciate it.

(And to think, I turned down going to that competition and testing cause i wouldn't be ready, and here I am driving out anyhow...)