View Full Version : Axel problems (again)

itfigures
05-07-2007, 03:39 PM
Unfortunately I have been having some Axel problems again. :cry: It seems as if I had forgotten every thing I had learned. When I am in the air i start to bend my knees like I am doing a clea in the air. I know that you are so post to be in a position like the back spin or the loop jump but for some reason it just isn't working for me.
does anyone have any ideas about how I should keep my legs strait???:?: :giveup: :giveup: :giveup: :giveup: :giveup: :giveup: :bow: :bow:

SynchroSk8r114
05-07-2007, 05:59 PM
Point your toes! It's more difficult to keep your knees bent and point your toes (at least, during a jump, that is...). Also, make sure that you're powering through with your free leg's knee to help you get height and allow yourself the time to straighten your legs. Good luck! :D

SynchroSk8r114
05-07-2007, 06:00 PM
Oh, the free leg this applies to the in-air position, too. This should also allow you time to transfer your weight from one side to the other, which helps with rotation, as well.

doubletoe
05-07-2007, 06:12 PM
Sometimes I have that problem, too. If I do a bunch of waltz-loops, it helps fix it.

itfigures
05-07-2007, 09:09 PM
Ahhh
Thanks so much!
Ill keep you posted

chowskates
05-08-2007, 03:50 AM
Sometimes I have that problem, too. If I do a bunch of waltz-loops, it helps fix it.

I used to do waltz-backspin. Partly because I get away with bent-knee loop jumps too :P

Also, about using the free leg, imagine stepping up a stair - can't just kick the leg up, also have to step down after that!

~ Chow