View Full Version : need quick input and ideas

Mercedeslove
05-02-2007, 12:28 PM
Okay so this weekend is my spring ice show. I want to make a mix cd for all the girls in my group.

What songs make you think of ice skating, or would be cute for a cd?

I have the Zamboni song. The song are group is skating too, another song from the show, ice skating at night, and girls just wanna have fun

Isk8NYC
05-02-2007, 12:36 PM
I have the Zamboni song. What Zamboni song?

If you're looking for songs that are skating-related, I vote for "Figure 8" from Schoolhouse Rock. (One of my favorites.)

If you're looking for songs that are fun to skate to, the "Electric Slide" is a challenge.

jskater49
05-02-2007, 12:47 PM
If you want songs that will inspire your kids to skate, you need to ask them what songs they like. I promise you, no matter how hip you think you are, they probably are not going to like your music. My daughter is always complaining about the songs they play during her power class and the teacher is only 24! :roll:

j

Mercedeslove
05-02-2007, 01:16 PM
If you want songs that will inspire your kids to skate, you need to ask them what songs they like. I promise you, no matter how hip you think you are, they probably are not going to like your music. My daughter is always complaining about the songs they play during her power class and the teacher is only 24! :roll:

j

LOL it's not for kids. It's for my group lesson class, which is all teens and adults.

Not all skating shows are about kids.

Isk8NYC
05-02-2007, 01:21 PM
Okay so this weekend is my spring ice show. I want to make a mix cd for all the girls in my group.

What songs make you think of ice skating, or would be cute for a cd?

I have the Zamboni song. The song are group is skating too, another song from the show, ice skating at night, and girls just wanna have fun

LOL it's not for kids. It's for my group lesson class, which is all teens and adults.

Since you referred to your students as "girls," I also thought they were all pre-teens. FWIW, I call my teenage/adult students "ladies" and in my office, female coworkers are "women." Guys are guys, though. ;)

Another suggestion: "Walking on Sunshine" is a great song to just skate around to - not sure if it would be okay for a program, though.

jskater49
05-02-2007, 01:34 PM

Oh well, in that case, pick songs you like. You'll never find anything both teens and adults like ;)

j

peanutskates
05-02-2007, 01:59 PM
LOLLIPOP by Mika!!!!! it's the best :D

i'm making me a program for the first minute of it. it rocks :lol:

jazzpants
05-02-2007, 02:14 PM
Another suggestion: "Walking on Sunshine" is a great song to just skate around to - not sure if it would be okay for a program, though. I know at least a couple of people who have done that program and seemed happy with it. ;)

Sessy
05-02-2007, 03:02 PM
A great song for me is "Froooom Paris to Berlin and every disco I get in my heart is pumping for love... pumping for love..."
Prolly cuz I landed my first toeloop to it. (Toeloop comes before salchow here)

Emberchyld
05-02-2007, 08:14 PM
(Maybe this is because I'm from New Jersey.... but:) "Livin' on a Prayer" always gets me going (and I can't stand to hear that song outside of weddings or skating!).

And a few weeks ago, the public skate DJ must have had a temporary anuerism or something, because he started playing the "Twist" and "Now that I can Dance" and some swing music. The kids were like, "huh?", but us "Adults" in the center had a ball! Twisting is fun on skates!

sunjoy
05-03-2007, 02:12 AM
one girl was doing "footloose" as her show program today at the rink, and that's a good choice especially for the adults. It would cut well with "Walking on sunshine" too. Aguilera's "Candyman" is incredixbly dancable, *and* hip, *and* retro -- adults and teens might easily agree on that one! :) But, since *they* are going to be skating it, shouldn't they pick the music?

Sessy
05-03-2007, 04:08 AM
I kind of like Shakira's "la tortura" too.