View Full Version : NISA Level 1 elements

Tiggerwoos
04-30-2007, 09:49 AM
Will hopefully be taking my level 1 field moves in May, so can enter the Bracknell Opens, but just found out today that I'll also have to have my elements or free before I can enter.

Does anyone know what the elements are for level 1 as the ones on the net are a bit out of date now as will need to know what to practice over the next couple of weeks....... Thanks!:)

kateskate
04-30-2007, 10:08 AM
IIRC last year Bracknell didn't have a minimum standard, only a maximum, so you could skate at level 1 if you wanted to without the elements/free part of the test. Otherwise you could still skate in the beginners class.

In any event, level 1 elements are

Forward skating CW and CCW
salchow or 3 jump
Cherry flip
Upright spin
Spirals (forward and backward)
Step sequence

Tiggerwoos
04-30-2007, 10:25 AM
Brilliant........ thanks for that.

Looks like I'll be there in one of the classes then....... that's a relief there's a beginners class also if I don't get my tests done.

Look forward to seeing you there.

kateskate
04-30-2007, 10:31 AM
When I first competed there wasn't a beginners class - just level 1 and under - so I did that one. There will be something for you to enter though!

(If they do the same groups as last year I'll be in the very scary level 5 and under!)

Tiggerwoos
04-30-2007, 10:34 AM
That's good to know.......... think I'd be better in the level 1 and under...... especially being my first competition.

You'll be fine in the level 5 and under.:) Are you doing both free and dance this year?

frbskate63
04-30-2007, 01:43 PM
Last year, there were classes for beginners with no tests, and classes for level 1 skaters (for which the qualification was holding one or both of level 1 elements and free, but no higher). The main difference is that you can't do combination jumps in beginners, but you can in level 1. You're not usually allowed to skate up a level. But either way, there's bound to be something you can do.

Field moves tests are not generally counted as part of the qualification for UK adult competitions, so it doesn't matter if you do that test or not.

Fiona

kateskate
04-30-2007, 06:08 PM
You're not usually allowed to skate up a level. But either way, there's bound to be something you can do.

Field moves tests are not generally counted as part of the qualification for UK adult competitions, so it doesn't matter if you do that test or not.

Fiona

Last year there I am 99.99999% sure there was no minimum standard in free (there was the year before however), but there was a max so you could skate up if you wanted. But as you say having a higher field moves test than the free or elements doesn't rule you out of competing at beginners in kids or adult comps.

Tiggerwoos
05-01-2007, 02:17 AM
That's good news. Thanks both of you. Was worried when a friend of mine had mentioned having to have at least 2 of the tests, so you've put my mind at rest now!

Mrs Redboots
05-01-2007, 09:01 AM
I think you could skate up last year, because we entered Husband in the "No Test" class and then realised he'd have to alter his programme, so I emailed the organiser and said could we put him up a level, and she emailed back and said we could, but would we awfully mind not as that way there would be two people in each class, rather than three in one and one in the other. So we took out his combination and put a 3-jump in instead, and it worked very well.

But this year he'll have to be in the Under Level 2 class!