View Full Version : Ice Show

jskater49
04-29-2007, 09:00 PM
Our Ice Show was this weekend. They put on quite a production, renting spotlights, elaborate decorations. The theme was hollywood songs the first half, broadway the second half. My daughter, an intermediate skater got to skate in the high freestyle group numbers to La Bamba, Defying Gravity, One Singular Sensation and she did a solo to "I Could Have Danced ALL Night" and did a beautiful job, I might add.

I'm glad it's over though. The show was last night and this afternoon - she had her prom last night so they let her just skate in today's show - after an all night after prom party! When you are young you can do that.

She has come home from every rehersal in tears and I had just about decided we were not doing this again last year and after it's all over she tells me next year she wants to do a feature solo AND her senior solo!:roll:

j

Mrs Redboots
04-30-2007, 06:24 AM
Oh, to be that young again!

Congratulations to her, even if Mum - no, you say "Mom", don't you - has a few more grey hairs.....

jskater49
04-30-2007, 07:40 AM
Oh, to be that young again!

Congratulations to her, even if Mum - no, you say "Mom", don't you - has a few more grey hairs.....

I kind of like "Mum" :)

j

Isk8NYC
04-30-2007, 07:50 AM
Congrats to your DD on her Prom and the Show!

Petlover
04-30-2007, 11:38 AM
Congratulations to your daughter on a job well done!