View Full Version : arch support idea

froggy
04-29-2007, 02:55 PM
Just wanted to share with e/o an inexpensive idea to help those who have pronated feet (flat foot). I bought arch pads from a therapy catalog, they are just perfect! The ones I saw in the drug store were so bulky they would take up too much room, these are great they are soft and not so thick.

I bought them from Sammonspreston.com, search under "longitudinal metatarsal arch pad" make sure you order the right size. they were only about $9!

From just wearing them the first time today it made a world of diff, I feel much more stable and supported esp. on my outside edges!!

(I dont work for them nor do i get any commission from their sales..just want to help those of you who have pronated feet).

happy skating

Morgail
04-29-2007, 03:23 PM
Thanks for sharing:) I've been looking for something like this too, but couldn't find anything at stores. What made you decide on the ones you got vs. the "metatarsal cookies" (those are 1 row down, and 2 columns over from the longitudinal metatarsal arch pads)?

Also, do they stay in place in your skates? Or do you have to glue them down so they don't shift around?

froggy
04-29-2007, 03:51 PM
the longitudinal is esp. for arch support. the metatarsal ones are beneficial for those with "metatarsalgia, blisters, calluses, and other localized callosities of the transverse arch. " (quoted from the catalog).

It stays in place well, it has an adhesive backing, all you need is to peel off the paper and place it into the /bootshoe, it comes with instructions on placing it in your shoe.

froggy
04-29-2007, 04:15 PM
p.s you may want to go to the direct manufacturer website hapad.com its actually a little cheaper on their site and they even have a picture of figure skates on their homepage!

Morgail
04-30-2007, 09:37 AM
Thank you:)

doubletoe
04-30-2007, 06:04 PM
How timely! I just discovered the same things (made by a German company) when I went to my specialty shoe repair place yesterday. I bought a pair--also $8-$9-- and tried them in my skates for the first time yesterday. I don't pronate and I haven't actually suffered from any particular foot problems due to lack of arch support, so it was just a little experiment to see if I'd like them. As it turned out, they didn't really make any difference in how I skated or how my feet felt after skating. I felt a little pressure under the arches at times, which was a bit uncomfortable, so I'll probably take them out. But heck, for $8-9, they were definitely worth trying, even for me. :)