View Full Version : Guildford Competition 2007 - Adult classes!

kateskate
04-27-2007, 08:13 AM
Guildford appear to have some adult classes this year!

Freehttp://www.gifsc.com/2007Open/GIFSC%20Open%2007%20-%20Complete%20Figure%20Package%20(R1).pdf

Exhibition only - no technical free skating classes :-(

Dance
http://www.iceskating.org.uk/files/GIFSC%20Open%2007%20-%20Announcement.pdf

Not a massive choice of classes but at least it is a start!

NickiT
04-27-2007, 08:50 AM
Yes I saw that but am a bit disappointed as after being told there would be adult classes I had hoped it would be more than that. Oh well, like you say, it's a start.

Nicki

BatikatII
04-27-2007, 09:18 AM
It's a bit restrictive on the dance front too with just 2 classes for CD's and then just one dance in each. Indeed it is a start at least.

cathrl
04-27-2007, 10:11 AM
Oh ...fish... - that's the week we're on holiday!

mintypoppet
04-27-2007, 12:08 PM
Aha, so that's what my coach was on about this morning...

I explained that calling it artistic makes absolutely no difference to my not wanting to compete in freeskate :lol:

Mrs Redboots
04-28-2007, 12:07 PM
I explained that calling it artistic makes absolutely no difference to my not wanting to compete in freeskate :lol:
Actually, it does. I don't do free skating, but I do do artistic - watch the so-called "Interpretive" classes at the Mountain Cup (almost the same; very slightly different rules!) and you'll see how it's quite possible to do a very good programme with minimal or no jumps or spins.

I see that at least they are following the British for the couples' dances - Golden Skaters' Waltz and Fiesta - but then again, with no other limits I can see us having the floor wiped with us by certain couples from there who might easily compete. Well, we shall see; it's worth putting on the calendar, anyway.

frbskate63
04-29-2007, 03:15 PM
As it's on week days straight after Bracknell, for which I shall already have taken two days off work, it's really not going to be an option for me. I suspect that will probably rule out quite a lot of their potential market.

Fiona

Mrs Redboots
04-30-2007, 06:29 AM
No, that's very true, especially when many of us will have already just taken a couple of weeks off for the European Triathlon, or such parts of it as we are skating.