View Full Version : What kind of jumps are you working on?

WannabeS8r
04-26-2007, 10:35 PM
I know I have made this kind of thread in the past, but I find this subject very interesting. So, what jumps is everyone on skatingforums doing?

I am currently working on my single lutz (trying to stop flutzing, actually ;)).

tidesong
04-26-2007, 10:41 PM
Still trying to make my axel more consistent as well but i checked doubles coz mostly is making double salchow and double toe consistent, and double loop is currently on hold but I plan to try and get that again in the next couple months. So those are the jumps I'm working on.

Skittl1321
04-26-2007, 10:49 PM
I am working on (and have some degree of ability... but none of them are great) a waltz jump, a half-flip, a half-lutz, a half of a loop (not a half loop), a toe-loop, a salchow, and a loop.

Morgail
04-26-2007, 10:52 PM
I am also working on the lutz:) I can get it up (and it feels as though it has a lot of height...but that could be deceiving!), but I can only get a half to 3/4 of a revolution. I have a feeling that once I get this jump, I'll love it.

I'm also working on refining the technique in all my jumps (crossed legs, arms in, strong check on the landings, etc.). And on making combinations with the jumps I have right now.

beachbabe
04-26-2007, 10:55 PM
i am as always still working on double loop and lutz- flip seems to be consistent, but my loop is cheated and my lutz i cant land at all right now. And i still have to work on my axel b/c its not anywhere near decent enough to learn a double b/c i have a major wrap and often have trouble on the takeoff

TreSk8sAZ
04-26-2007, 11:35 PM
Working on double sal, toe, and loop. I've landed them all, they're just horribly inconsistent. Used to have double flip and lutz, but injuries and extreme sickness have made my jumps go far, far away.

jcookie1982
04-26-2007, 11:53 PM
Toe-loop, ands salchow, and just about ready to move onto the loop.

Sk8pdx
04-27-2007, 12:47 AM
I have been working to master the loop and flip. :)

Amandaskategirl
04-27-2007, 03:13 AM
In lessons I am currently always working on axels and then sometimes double salchows or double loops. I can’t land any of them though. :frus:

kateskate
04-27-2007, 04:02 AM
I'm working on axels, double salchows and double toe loops. I do these pretty much every lesson now. Double loops and double flips I may try every now and then

SkatingOnClouds
04-27-2007, 04:19 AM
What sort of jumps am I working on? Messy ones!:lol:

I ticked all through to lutz. Out of all the jumps I used to be able to do, this one is the last to get back. Not saying I do any of the others very well, but I am focussing mainly on loop, flip, lutz and the waltz/loop combination.

Mrs Redboots
04-27-2007, 06:04 AM
Very seldom jump at all, but we have a 3-jump (or waltz jump, if you are on the other side of the Atlantic) and a bunny hop in our free dance this year.

Scarlett
04-27-2007, 06:09 AM
I am working on my loop, flip, and lutz.
My loop is inconsistent at best. The flip and lutz are fully rotated but landed on two feet. I just can't seem to find my left side on the landing (CW skater).

skating_babe11
04-27-2007, 01:32 PM
I'm working on double salcow and loop.

Sonic
04-27-2007, 03:08 PM
All my jumps are a work in progress. I've been stuck on Flip forever, and will probably have to accept the fact I'll never get it. Have been trying axels recently - can do them fine off ice, but nowhere near on ice.

S xx

blackmanskating
04-27-2007, 03:16 PM
I am working on consistency with my axel, double toe, double sal, double loop, and double flip. I am going back to single lutz again because I am having serious problems with a double lutz. I am not transferring my weight properly and it is causing me to double flutz. And that's if I make it all the way around. :frus: Landing a double axel is my ultimate goal. We'll see.

BlackManSkating

jskater49
04-27-2007, 03:42 PM
I'm working on getting a better waltz jump - so that I actually jump every time I try it...and I'm gonna have something that at least resembles a toe loop for a competition in JUne. After that I will tackle the sachow again, a jump I totally just do not get.

I actually have a pretty decent half-lutz, according to my coach and a passerby who commented "that was really big"

j

badaxel
04-27-2007, 06:27 PM
I'm trying to fix my axel and am working on getting my 2 toe and 2 salchow. I hope to start landing them soon.

CaraSkates
04-27-2007, 06:42 PM
I'm working on the last 1/4 rotation on my axel and working on my 2sal. I actually usually go all the way around on the 2sal but it's not controlled and it's messy.

NCSkater02
04-27-2007, 08:06 PM
Waltz, half flip and half lutz, toe loop, and salchow. My coach just started teaching me loop entry.

Half flip is probably the most consistant and well done, salchow is my favorite, even though it's probably only around 50% consistant.

chowskates
04-28-2007, 05:52 AM
Trying to get double Sal and double toe consistent. Supposed to be working on double loop & double flip, but decided to shelve those since I'm not doing it in my program now!! :halo:

Paulie86
04-28-2007, 09:44 AM
I'm working on the flip at the moment. I thought I had gotten it, but my coach keeps telling me that I'm bending my leg that i pick into the ice with :cry: Not happy with it at all, because it seems like no matter how hard i try, I can't keep it straight. Hmm, maybe I'll be working on it forever too!

cathrl
04-28-2007, 10:28 AM
I too hardly jump - but I'd like to keep the 3-jump, toe loop and salchow I learnt for the passport going, given how hard I found it to get them in the first place! I have finally decided that bunny hops are fun, though, after years of pure terror :)

I don't think we do those half-jumps in the UK - I've certainly never heard anyone say they were learning them as jumps in themselves, though I've seen a few more advanced kids doing half-loop so they can put a double salchow in a jump sequence. They certainly don't get tested.

techskater
04-28-2007, 10:29 AM
Double loops and double flips

peanutskates
04-28-2007, 11:12 AM
started the salchow today:D

jskater49
04-28-2007, 11:43 AM
I don't think we do those half-jumps in the UK - I've certainly never heard anyone say they were learning them as jumps in themselves, though I've seen a few more advanced kids doing half-loop so they can put a double salchow in a jump sequence. They certainly don't get tested.

I am so glad we have half jumps, because if I didn't start with half jumps, I think I would not try to jump at all.

j

Sessy
04-28-2007, 01:54 PM
lutz and axel, but my flip, loop, toeloop and salchow aren't perfect either so I'm working on those too.

xofivebyfive
04-28-2007, 02:27 PM
I'm going to say I'm working on my axel. The other jumps are all good. I haven't tried doing an actually axel yet, just waltz-backspins, but I'm probably going to have to try it during my next lesson. 8O

southernsk8er
05-02-2007, 12:37 PM
I'm working on the axel and double toe. I barely started on both of them, and they are on hold this month because I have a test and competition at the end of the month. In the meantime I'm still doing on off-ice axel and rotations. After the competition, it's ON! I would like to work on double sal too. I don't know if it's realistic, but I'd like to have one of these jumps down by next fall.

flying~camel
05-02-2007, 01:21 PM
Axel, when I'm not working on my Silver moves.

fmh
05-02-2007, 05:02 PM
I put down doubles and triples because I'm working on getting my doubles nicer and more consistant and am working on landing easier triples and double axels :frus: verrry painful!

SynchroSk8r114
05-05-2007, 12:18 PM
Working on consistent double salchows, double toeloops, double loops, and a bigger axel! :D

sunjoy
05-05-2007, 07:26 PM
Sal mostly, and my waltz has deteriorated badly, so it needs work. Toe loop is the easy one for me, and I've landed a few good ones that actually caught some air.

It's strange: the toe is a jump that "just happens" for me.