View Full Version : Adult Open in Wilmington

TaraNJ
09-17-2002, 06:42 PM
Is anyone going to compete at the Adult Open in Wilmington on November 21-24? They are having freestyle, dance, AND pairs...plus, there is Young Adult category for those under 25. I would love to come down and watch since I'm outta commission this season!

I will say that I had a marvelous time at Wilmington at Eastern Sectionals (and no, not just because I won my event :roll: ). The arena is very warm and the ice is smooth and soft, like butter. The dressing room has a gorgeous "broadway" style make-up mirror and padded seats...and, get this...HEAT! It's a very nice place to compete. The hosts and hostesses of SC of Wilmington are welcoming, friendly, and they run a well-organized event.

Come on, who's going????

jenlyon60
09-17-2002, 09:04 PM
Do you have a link? If there's solo dance, maybe I'll embarass myself with the 14Step and Foxtrot again.

LoopLoop
09-18-2002, 07:50 AM
I'm not competing there...I just don't like skating at the Wilmington rink. Can't explain it, but it's not comfortable for some reason. Guess I'm just weird. ;)

I will be competing at the Washington FSC adult competition in January though.

kar5162
09-18-2002, 08:10 AM
I emailed them to see if I'd be eligible to compete in anything. I'll be 25 by the deadline, but won't have had a chance to take any of the tests and the application says you need to. I am interested in competing somewhere this winter, so if anyone knows of a competition where I can enter Silver without taking the tests (I have Pre-Juvenile), please let me know.

LoopLoop - do you know if there's an application for the Washington one online yet?

Kim

kar5162
09-18-2002, 08:12 AM
Here's a link to the Wilmington application...they have solo dance for the kids, but only partner dance for the adults???

http://www.wilmicesk8.com/autumn1.htm

jenlyon60
09-18-2002, 09:20 AM
Yep, I saw... no solo dance for adults. Probably not enough demand for it. Kids seem to be more willing to do solo dance than adults.

LoopLoop
09-18-2002, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by kar5162
LoopLoop - do you know if there's an application for the Washington one online yet?

Kim
Here it is:

http://users.erols.com/wfsc/X0010_WFSC.j.html

Marna

Mrs Redboots
09-18-2002, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by jenlyon60
Yep, I saw... no solo dance for adults. Probably not enough demand for it. Kids seem to be more willing to do solo dance than adults. Is there an upper age limit stated for the solo dances? If not, enter anyway! If enough adults do, there will be adult classes next year! That is what we do here, anyway.

jenlyon60
09-18-2002, 02:10 PM
It appears to be 2 separate competitions. But I don't see anything in the announcement for the "Autumn Skate" or whatever the other one is called that says "no adults". Of course I didn't look that closely.

1 dance for each solo dance event. 2 patterns....