View Full Version : Interpretive program ideas

flo
04-23-2007, 09:07 AM
Since there has been much discussion on interp, I thought it would be interesting to suggest what you would like to see for an interpretive program.
As I was in my car listening to music for quite a while on my way to get my skates yesterday, I heard a couple of pieces of music I'd like to see skated to in an interp program.

"You're so vain" - Carly Simon: Would be great for a guy with lots of confidence and good footwork.

jskater49
04-23-2007, 09:32 AM
I don't know, but when I hear of some of the interp programs at NA, makes me scared to try anything because they all sound very clever and all I want to do is something that is fun for me and makes me work on stuff.

Around here, ALL the adult artistics (that's what it is called around here - interp is usually improv) are funny and I can't think of anything funny.

I did one artistic a few years ago and I loved it - it was from the PBS Civil War documentary, the letter written by the soldier to is wife, with music in the background. I wore a civil war uniform I rented. I never got to compete it just against pre-bronze and I wasn't as good a skater as I am now (and I still come in last) so I always came in last BUT - one judge put me 3rd out of 5 against silver skaters and one judge actually cried!

My coach told me I'd never do well with it because a) it wasn't funny and adults I guess are expected to be funny) b) sometimes there were sound issue and you couldn't hear it and people didn't know what was going.

I still loved the program and if I could find my music, I'd take it out, dust it off and perform it again.

Oh I remember now, I keep thinking about doing one to Bob Seger's "That old time rock and roll" as a take off on Risky Business and I'd wear a man's shirt and men's underwear and socks over my skates. Nobody steal this idea because I haven't given up the idea of doing it!

j

FrankR
04-23-2007, 12:46 PM
I don't know, but when I hear of some of the interp programs at NA, makes me scared to try anything because they all sound very clever and all I want to do is something that is fun for me and makes me work on stuff.

I'm warning you all right now that this is going to sound self-righteous although I don't really intend it to be. :lol: But I feel pretty strongly about it after having read jskater's post so here it goes anyway.

You know, I have to confess that I do get a bit put off by some of the posts that have been written lately that scoff at what are perceived to be "non-skating" or "trivial" interps and jskater's post expresses exactly why I feel that way. It just isn't right that someone should feel that they can't do a fun interp that he or she would like to try for fear that others will look down their nose at it because it wasn't sufficiently clever for them.

I understand we all have a right to an opinion but perhaps we should all be a little careful when we express it.

Now where's that damn ladder so that I can get down from this soap-box. ;)

flo
04-23-2007, 01:02 PM
Interps don't HAVE to be super clever or funny, but remember it is a skating event. One of the best I saw had no more higher content than basic turns and edges. Whatever you do, skate it and enjoy it.

Frank this thread was meant to provide suggestions for programs or what we've heard and think would make a good interp. Anny suggestions?

Jskater - voice overs can be difficult. I saw Kristy Yammaguchi's performance of "the Boyfriends sweater" or something like that, and if you didn't know the piece you lost some of the meaning as the words were not clear.

The sound system at our rink is pretty bad, so I have to take that into account.

FrankR
04-23-2007, 01:14 PM
Frank this thread was meant to provide suggestions for programs or what we've heard and think would make a good interp. Anny suggestions?

I understood the intent of the thread. However, I felt that the excerpt in jskater's post that I highlighted was important and now was as good a time as any to voice that particular concern.

As for suggestions for interps, I've seen a couple of good ones lately where the skater will perform moves-in-the-field patterns set to humorous or clever music. A couple of years ago Dana Hordyszynski did an interp where she performed senior moves-in-the-field with some sort of music with cows mooing or something like that. She affectionately called it "MOOS in the field." That's certainly clever and chock full of good skating. I'm not sure if anyone on here saw it or remembers it. This year our own 2salchow did a similar interp where he did moves-in-the-field to Young MC's Bust a Move. I love that concept. Although, by and large, seeing anyone go out and skate a program they enjoy puts a smile on my face.

I agree with what you posted above, flo, I don't think that extreme cleverness should be a pre-requisite for interps and people should just skate interp numbers they enjoy.

flo
04-23-2007, 01:25 PM
One of my favorites was when someone - I think it was in Master's men - did a figure to "figure 8".

I like the Moos in the field. Any good "judge" songs out there?

Debbie S
04-23-2007, 02:22 PM
I saw Kristy Yammaguchi's performance of "the Boyfriends sweater" or something like that, and if you didn't know the piece you lost some of the meaning as the words were not clear.Wasn't it Josee Chouinard who performed that, in a pro comp about 10 years ago (during the Pro Comp Era)? One of the things I miss about not having pro competitions anymore is the originality and variety in the programs. I enjoy watching Oly-division comps, but esp with CoP, programs have all started to look the same, and predictable. Pro comps were a nice change of pace, and you could really see skaters' personalities come through in their skating.

NoVa Sk8r
04-23-2007, 02:34 PM
Wasn't it Josee Chouinard who performed that, in a pro comp about 10 years ago (during the Pro Comp Era)?http://youtube.com/watch?v=XlqalsAH44I

flo
04-23-2007, 02:56 PM
You're right! Kristy's program was with a daisy or something.

flying~camel
04-23-2007, 03:15 PM
Interps don't HAVE to be super clever or funny, but remember it is a skating event. One of the best I saw had no more higher content than basic turns and edges. Whatever you do, skate it and enjoy it.

I'm doing an artistic/dramatic interp this year, and my program only has a waltz jump and a couple of upright spins.

I got 3rd out of 4 at ANs, but I think that was partly because the judges didn't know my music.

Terri C
04-23-2007, 06:49 PM
You're right! Kristy's program was with a daisy or something.

That program is "It's Oh So Quiet" by Bjork. I thought it was cute.
NoVa, thanks for the YouTube link. I wound up watching a few programs from that!
Right now I'm listening to a few pieces. I'm more of a artistic/ dramatic skater than comedy/ light entertainment.

skating_babe11
04-23-2007, 08:57 PM
My interp programs include:
Cowboy skating to (of course) Bonanza
Eygeption (sorry spelling)
You Raise Me Up - by Josh Groban
Currentley doing a circ du soiel program I think the music is called Maliumba.

slusher
04-23-2007, 09:54 PM
I like to interpret music, that's why I do well at improvs. However, I wish I had the footwork of Kurt Browning because I get frustrated at what I dream of doing and what I actually can do, the occasional bracket for instance.

Just a hint for music in a rink, I don't decide on interpretive music until I've been able to play the song several times in an arena setting. Since I'm in the country and it's a seasonal rink, there's no ice right now, but for several years now the arena staff have been kind enough to let me in the building in the off season. I stand in the middle of the floor with my boom box and play all my possible selections. Like I said, it's a small town, and I've gotten opinions from the rink boys as to what they like. Songs you think that you'll interpret to the words come through like mud and playing it in a large echoing building is the best way to figure that out.

Isk8NYC
04-23-2007, 10:34 PM
On the way home tonight, I heard "Ease on Down the Road" from the musical "The Wiz." The musical is a Wizard of Oz makeover with great music, albeit a bit dated.

I could just see someone having a blast skating to this song.

ETA: Check out this on YouTube: Slide Some Oil To Me! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Inh2I2kacichttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Inh2I2kacic)

dbny
04-23-2007, 11:01 PM
However, I wish I had the footwork of Kurt Browning

Everyone does! Sorry, couldn't resist. No one has better footwork than Kurt Browning. I would love to get on the ice someday and have people think I could do it, even if I couldn't :)

Mrs Redboots
04-24-2007, 05:52 AM
Interpretives I have done in the past include:

"Tit-Willow" from Gilbert and Sullivan
"The Lambeth Walk" (eminently forgettable!)
"Fame!" (an exercise routine, rather successful)
"Puppet on a String" (which won, in Dunkerque - I was too shocked to appreciate it!)
"Jake the Peg" (2 first places, 2 last places and a Bronze medal!)
"Master of the House" from Les Misérables
Another rather forgettable exercise routine
"Sandra Dee" from Grease

And there have been others, most of which I can't now remember, and which probably weren't worth remembering in the first place!

flo
04-24-2007, 08:20 AM
I'd like to see "Stepping out with my baby". There's an Irish song sung by the Saw Doctors - Tommy K. Someone could have fun with that - and so could the audience.

myste12
04-24-2007, 08:23 PM
I skated to "It's A Beautiful Day for a Ballgame" this year. I came in 3rd/3 at Nats, but I had a blast doing it because I've wanted to skate to it for years. I got to use a bat as a prop which was really fun. No one else at my rink does a program with a prop, so I got some mighty strange looks when I first brought it out on the ice. It seemed like people made more of an effort to get out of my way whenever I had it with me...

My coach made another one of her students be a clown for our local comp. I don't remember the name of the music, but the skater dressed up in full clown costume with wig and face paint and did a back somersault. That was pretty fun to watch too.

I definitely want to be a cowgirl one year, but I think I'll do something more dramatic next year. I'm currently looking for new music.

Sk8pdx
04-25-2007, 12:33 AM
"Sandra Dee" from Grease

And there have been others, most of which I can't now remember, and which probably weren't worth remembering in the first place!

Hmmm...:?? there's "Beauty School Drop-Out" too-- probably one of the very popular and over used interpretive/artistic programs...
... but on a similar theme:

"Brand New Girl" from the "Earth Girls are Easy" soundtrack (circa 1989).
It would be interesting to see something done to the music of
"The Appliance Symphony" or "Throb" from the same label. :)
~sk8pdx

rlichtefeld
04-25-2007, 09:37 AM
I don't usually do interps. The last one I did was Billy Preston's "The World Go 'Round in Circles". All circular footwork and spins. Interesting concept that I don't think many people got, and not sure I did it all that well.

However, there are 2 that I have been considering for a while:

"Margaritaville" dressed in shorts, a I heart Cancun T-shirt, and flip-flop covers for the boots.

"She was only Sixteen", dressed in prison orange jumpsuit, or traditional stripes.

Rob

jskater49
04-25-2007, 09:56 AM
I
"She was only Sixteen", dressed in prison orange jumpsuit, or traditional stripes.

Rob

Um, as a mother of a 16 year old I would find that pretty offensive.

j

flo
04-25-2007, 10:02 AM
I think it woold be funny.
Another one for a male is C'est Moi from Camelot. Nova - that's one for you.
Some of mine have been:
The Loon from "On Golden Pond"
"The way You Look Tonight"
The girl in the red dress from Schindler's list
Time
A baby bird learning to fly
"Friends" for the 10th nats

Mrs Redboots
04-25-2007, 11:43 AM
Um, as a mother of a 16 year old I would find that pretty offensive.

j
I wouldn't blame you - but I'm afraid I would find it funny rather than offensive. My first thought was "Oh, Rob, you must do it!" - and my second was, "No, perhaps better not!"

On the other hand, if he was in prison uniform, at least the character would have been getting what he deserved - and 16, here, is the age of consent.

(off-topic: My daughter, on her 16th birthday, bought a lottery ticket, as it was now legal for her to do so. I pointed out that there were other things it was now legal for her to do, but did hope she wouldn't feel she had to do them, too!).

blue111moon
04-25-2007, 12:27 PM
I'd probably think the "Only 16" was funny too, and fine for an adult (or maybe it should be "Adult") Interpretive. But then if I remember the lyrics, the singer was only a kid as well (17?) so it wasn't totally creepy.

My favorite past interpprogram was my Snoopy number. It was one of those programs that garnered me tons of odd looks when I was practising in normal skating clothes then got me lots of laughs and "So that's what you were doing!" comments once I had on the whole kit, including floppy ears, wagging tail and supper dish. There's something very liberating about being in a full costume - you can hide behind the outfit and do all kinds of crazy things you wouldn't dream of doing if people could really "see" you. A little like Halloween, I guess. Plus the Snoopy suit was warm, and in the freezing rinks, that's a good thing.

For the baseball number I did, I called my nerf bat "crowd control" on busy freestyle sessions. The kids got used to giving extra room to me and th bat but the ball-on-a-string attached to it caught a couple people by surprise. Fortunately, it was also a soft spongy-type ball and didn't hurt anyone.

Thin-Ice
04-26-2007, 04:09 AM
Flo's "Time" Interp was one of the coolest bits of adult skating I had ever seen up to then. I saw her compete it at AN and decided right then I would NEVER be able to skate an "Artistic/Dramatic" program.. because it would never look the way she looked.

Sessy
04-26-2007, 06:17 AM
Interp - is that like our Artistic Skate, where you can take stuff with you on the ice and skate dressed as spongebob if you want to?

I plan to do something on heavy metal for my next programme like that, with a few dagger tricks at the beginning, some of the stuff I'm doing on this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1bCGrS3bPM and perhaps even with the music from that video.

I'd really like to see a pair dance on Cellblock Tango.

flo
04-26-2007, 12:30 PM
Thin Ice: :oops:
Wow thanks! Sure you can, You'd be amazed at the ideas you come up with on a coast to coast plane trip while the movie's broken and all your friends are asleep!

Emberchyld
04-26-2007, 06:40 PM
So, how does one actually begin an interp? Do you just say to your coach, "I want to do this?", do you find a comp, how?

I have two songs with lyrics that I'd love to skate to:

1. My ballet recital piece is to a Queen medley, esp "Somebody to Love"-- I'm DYING to translate that onto the ice (well, the pointe work would be replaced with the appropriate skating footwork, and I'd cover more area, etc, but I can just see it...)

2. In a true showing of my geekdom, I'd love to skate to Russell Watson's "Faith of the Heart" (used as Enterprise's theme song... it's kind of lyrical-y, and I think the lyrics are inspiring. Not my favorite type of music, but it really grabbed me. And it's nice for an adult skater!)

I know that I might never become as technically perfect as everyone else and most of my coaches have recognized that my best skill is my carriage and artistry... so while competing technically is a loooooong way off for me, I'd love to "dance" on the ice!

Thin-Ice
04-27-2007, 03:14 AM
YES! It's #1. Just say to your coach "I want to do an Interp... and I've already found the music. I'm really excited about this music. What do you think of it?" If your coach listens to it and says "OK", you're part-way to Interp. competition. But if your coach listens to the music and says "THIS????? You think you can/want to skate to THIS???" , then play the other piece of music... and then ask for other suggestions the coach thinks might be more appropriate.

I find most coaches are willing to go along with a wider variety of music for Interp... unless it's something that's been used 100,000 times or something that is TOTALLY inappropriate for your style of skating.

You don't have to just take the coach's suggestions, either. Make sure you find something you REALLY love and WANT to skate to (but that the coach can also stand to work with). The Interps. I enjoy watching the most are the ones where the skater really makes a connection with the music, whether it's because of the way it makes them feel, something in the lyrics.. not just because "this is the music my coach wanted me to use". I made that mistake once. We worked on it for four months. I hated it... but decided I'd compete with it and see if I was totally wrong about it. I did one competition with it and after I collected my music, I gave it back to the coach and said something about it being better suited to another one of her skaters. She smiled and said "I know you gave it a shot.. but you're right, this is SO not you." We still laugh about it. I also gave her a piece of music she said (in a gentle and supportive way) I was not graceful enough for... so if I really wanted to use this, we could work on it.. but it might not be the best choice. I have to tell you I REALLY worked on it... and I'm still not terribly graceful most of the time, but for that 1 minute 37 seconds, I was more graceful than usual.. and skated it better than I had hoped at PCAS a couple years ago. And my coach said that proved I COULD be more delicate looking on the ice if I worked at it... so we consider wider ranges of music now. I'll never look like Flo or Daisies... I'll just have to look like a better version of me!

Emberchyld
05-25-2007, 06:54 AM
YES! It's #1. Just say to your coach "I want to do an Interp... and I've already found the music. I'm really excited about this music. What do you think of it?" If your coach listens to it and says "OK", you're part-way to Interp. competition. But if your coach listens to the music and says "THIS????? You think you can/want to skate to THIS???" , then play the other piece of music... and then ask for other suggestions the coach thinks might be more appropriate.

:D Thanks for this advice... I actually sucked up the courage this past weekend and asked my LTS coach (whose heavy ballet background really clicks with me! Unfortunately, that means I have to tell my outside coaches that I'm taking a break from working with them for a little bit!) if she'd be willing to work with me on an interp. She agreed (and seemed pretty excited, since she's never done adult competitions before), told me to pick out the music and get an idea of what I was looking for and we'd move forward from there.

Problem is, she's never done adult competitions and doesn't know the requirements.. and neither do I. I've seached around and haven't been able to get a clear picture of requirements (or even music... I think we get up to 1:40... but can it be shorter? Does the 1:40 start as soon as the music starts or as soon you the skater starts?)--- do I have to have passed any tests to compete in interp? Can someone do more than one program in a competition (not that I will, but I'm curious)

(and I don't know how y'all do it-- I can't decide on my music-- there are sooooo many great choices out there!)

Sorry to be so full of questions, but I know I'm in the right place to get answers!

Thin-Ice
05-25-2007, 09:13 AM
(snip) Problem is, she's never done adult competitions and doesn't know the requirements.. and neither do I. I've seached around and haven't been able to get a clear picture of requirements (or even music... I think we get up to 1:40... but can it be shorter? Does the 1:40 start as soon as the music starts or as soon you the skater starts?)--- do I have to have passed any tests to compete in interp? Can someone do more than one program in a competition (not that I will, but I'm curious)

(and I don't know how y'all do it-- I can't decide on my music-- there are sooooo many great choices out there!)

Sorry to be so full of questions, but I know I'm in the right place to get answers!

It depends on the competition event. For Adult Sectionals and Adult Nationals, you have a maximum of 1:40... I believe music starts with first note... but in other competitions it's with your first movement, whether that's a head tilt or an arm wave or whatever... so to make your life simple, just don't go over about 1:39.. that way even if the ref starts the stopwatch a second early, you're STILL ok! You can always go shorter.. but aim for between 1:30-1:40.

As for what tests you need to pass, again that depends on the competition you enter. Are you a freestyler or a dancer? If you're FS, you need to have passed through your Bronze FS test (so PB FS and the accompanying Moves tests) for Adult Sectionals and Adult Nationals. At local events, they may let you compete even if you're a No-Test skater... so start reading the competition announcements from your local events.

And at AN you can only enter one Interp. event, Artistic/Dramatic or Comedy/Charachter/Lt. Entertainment... or whatever they're calling it next year. But at local events, it's possible to enter both.

Since this is your first time going into this, why don't you find a music you can see and feel yourself skating to, and can cut to 1:35-ish.... (which can be hard... a lot of times, I find lots of great pieces of music, but I can't cut it down to the time limit so it still makes sense musically!) and then start working on it. At the same time, start asking other skaters in your area about local events that offer "Artistic" or "Interp" events then go by those guidelines.

Have fun with the entire process.. I'm sure you'll find music that suits you and your coach wants to choreograph for you.

Emberchyld
05-25-2007, 11:14 AM
As for what tests you need to pass, again that depends on the competition you enter. Are you a freestyler or a dancer? If you're FS, you need to have passed through your Bronze FS test (so PB FS and the accompanying Moves tests) for Adult Sectionals and Adult Nationals. At local events, they may let you compete even if you're a No-Test skater... so start reading the competition announcements from your local events.

Thank you for all of the info, Thin Ice!

:cry: So far I'm a no-test skater and I don't exactly know where I would fall into the requirements... I think I'll have to speak with my coach and see if she thinks I'll be anywhere near passing everything if I want to go to sectionals. If not, I think I'll still run with the program and take your advice about local competitions.

Where can I find the competition announcements? Do I go through my local club or is there somewhere that adults can go to for all of this info?

I'm guessing that I need to renew my ISI membership and acutally join USFSA if I'm going to be serious about this, right?

:bow: :bow: :bow: Thanks for all of your help!

techskater
05-25-2007, 03:57 PM
USFSA.org has a list of sanctioned club comps. If you get a web saavy club, the announcement will be linked.

Isk8NYC
05-25-2007, 08:03 PM
I'm guessing that I need to renew my ISI membership and acutally join USFSA if I'm going to be serious about this, right?You only need the ISI membership if you intend to test or compete in ISI competitions.

If you're going to compete in USFSA competitions, yes you do need a membership. The new membership season starts in July. You could be an individual member, which includes a new rulebook every year, or you could join through a skating club and buy the rulebook on your own. (I like the pdf version, personally.) North Jersey FSC is a very adult-friendly USFSA club; I used to skate with the president and his wife. Montclair Inside Edge is a combination ISI/USFSA club that I used to belong to as well. Very nice people, but I don't know how many adults are skating for them. (They organize a GREAT trip to Lake Placid's ISI competition each January.) Others might have other suggestions, too.

FYI: The ISI Interpretive event is radically different from the USFSA event in that you have to make up a program to music that you hear for the first time during the warmup for the event. For the USFSA Interpretive events, you come prepared with a costume, music, and program.

Emberchyld
05-25-2007, 08:58 PM
I'm learning so much! They really need "intro to AOSS" seminars at rinks to teach us all of this stuff!

Thanks Thin Ice, techskater, and Isk8NYC.

Two more questions (sorry to have hijacked the thread!):

So, like thin ice said, to compete I need to pass through Bronze--- does that mean only PB or Bronze as well? If Bronze, I'd better get my skater butt in action if I want to even aim for most competitions!

When you join a club, what does that mean, exactly? Can you not test at the club if you're not a member? Or are there perks to being a club member (beyond the joy of belonging with others?)

techskater
05-26-2007, 05:11 AM
For Sectionals and ANs it means all 4 tests - PB MIF and FS and Bronze MIF and FS or the first 6 dances (Prelim = 3 and PreBronze = 3)

Thin-Ice
05-28-2007, 02:54 AM
I'm learning so much! They really need "intro to AOSS" seminars at rinks to teach us all of this stuff!

Thanks Thin Ice, techskater, and Isk8NYC.

Two more questions (sorry to have hijacked the thread!):

So, like thin ice said, to compete I need to pass through Bronze--- does that mean only PB or Bronze as well? If Bronze, I'd better get my skater butt in action if I want to even aim for most competitions!

When you join a club, what does that mean, exactly? Can you not test at the club if you're not a member? Or are there perks to being a club member (beyond the joy of belonging with others?)

Benefits to club membership vary by club. Some have ice just for club members, others are a complete social arrangement and every club I know of gives priority to its own members on test sessions (as well as not making you pay an "out of club testing" fee).

If you're talking about doing local competitions, you may be allowed to skate up a level. So if you're No Test now and you want to compete at PreBronze, they will USUALLY let you. And at least on the Pacific Coast, we have (almost?) always had No Test and PreBronze events at Sectionals.... but you are not allowed to skate up a level. But if you want to compete at Adult Nationals, you'll need to pass PreBronze MIF & FS and Bronze MIF & FS, or if you're just going to do Interp., you can qualify by passing the first six dance tests. (Sorry, techskater, I now see you'd already said that!)

And as mentioned above, USFS Interp. is what others may think of as a "Spotlight" or "Showcase" or "Comedy/Charachter" or "Dramatic" or "Light Entertainment" program, where you know exactly what you've planned to do to YOUR music with a costume you know is appropriate for your program.

ISI Interpretive they have you listen to music you've probably never heard before, 2-3 times off the ice, then they put you on the ice with everyone else in your group and play it 1-2 more times, then each of you performs your newly-choreographed program one at a time, with no help from coaches or friends.

Emberchyld
05-28-2007, 11:25 AM
Benefits to club membership vary by club. Some have ice just for club members, others are a complete social arrangement and every club I know of gives priority to its own members on test sessions (as well as not making you pay an "out of club testing" fee).

If you're talking about doing local competitions, you may be allowed to skate up a level. So if you're No Test now and you want to compete at PreBronze, they will USUALLY let you. And at least on the Pacific Coast, we have (almost?) always had No Test and PreBronze events at Sectionals.... but you are not allowed to skate up a level. But if you want to compete at Adult Nationals, you'll need to pass PreBronze MIF & FS and Bronze MIF & FS, or if you're just going to do Interp., you can qualify by passing the first six dance tests. (Sorry, techskater, I now see you'd already said that!)

Thank you! :D I have to look at all of the clubs in my two halves of the state and see which one fits me best.

I had my first "talk over music and requirements" with my LTS teacher/new coach, and put the Adult B and PB requirements in front of her, asking i she thinks I can meet them and she was very positive that I'm nearly ready for PB (I just need to clean up my MITF patterns) and will be ready to try for bronze by late fall/winter. Until then, I'm taking everyone's advice and looking into local comps-- it will be nice to try the program out this fall!

Everyone who helped me on this, thanks! And sorry for practically hijacking the post! This was very informative (can we have a sticky for first time competitors, maybe? That way, people like me can find out the basics in one spot?)

altamaleskater
06-02-2007, 12:55 AM
I am hoping to do an interp later this year. The idea is one I'm sure has been used before but I doubt the music ever has been.

The music is by the Black Watch (British Army) Band, Pipes & Drums, called 'Song on the Wind'. I have never seen an interp performed to pipes & drums before but I'm sure it has been done before. Haven't run it by my coach yet but I think she will be happy with it.

Anyone ever seen/done a program to a pipe band? Would like to know how it went.