View Full Version : butt pads

emma
04-22-2007, 08:43 PM
Hi all. Does anyone know where to order the type of butt pad that you can just slip in your skate pants for protection when learning doubles.? I do not want the ones that are like shorts and make you look like a whale. Any good web sites for things like this?

Rusty Blades
04-22-2007, 08:54 PM
I made mine from the high density foam they sell for sleeping on the ground when you are camping. The stuff that is just under 1/4" thick works fine - like landing on a pillow - I KNOW 'cause mine has been "tested" - LOL! $10 worth of foam made 3 sets of pads and I used a pair of panties as a pattern. I should make a cotton sleeve for the pad to make it a little more comfortable (since the foam doesn't breathe.)

AW1
04-23-2007, 02:09 AM
Lots of the girls at our rink just have pieces of foam, cut to shape, and covered in fabric or a sock etc. They just shove them down their tights when required. Where I live we have foam/rubber shops, so that'd be where I'd suggest to look.

Sessy
04-23-2007, 03:51 AM
I use sponges. The rubbery, thick kind with large bubbles in them, not the foamy kind. Shove 'em down my tights. They stay in place just fine. And you barely feel the falls.

skatingdoris
04-23-2007, 08:11 AM
If you are looking for the "almost invisible" type,

http://www.skatingsafe.com/ is the website for what seems to be the main manufactures/suppliers, but they seem very expensive. Personally I would go with the making them yourself suggestion (even though I'm not that creative!)

southernsk8er
04-24-2007, 08:23 AM
i wondering if the silicone pads that are supposed to make you look more shapely (i don't have that problem haha!) would work just like the ones on skatingsafe. they are very cheap on ebay and don't look bulky. has anyone tried them?