View Full Version : Well Balanced Program Rules for Adult FS

sexyskates
04-19-2007, 08:49 PM
I just saw a notice on the USFSA website in the adult programs section dated 4/4/07. It stated that the well balanced program rules do allow a jump to be repeated more than once as long as the additional jumps are in combinations. Now, I thought that it had been discussed here that a jump could only be repeated once in combination (and I made my program for this past season to fit this rule). Does this mean that I can have a loop-loop and a lutz-loop in my Silver FS program after all?

JessicaLynn
04-19-2007, 09:49 PM
I have that same question... Anyone?

Debbie S
04-19-2007, 09:50 PM
I think that was just for AN, b/c the WBP in the announcement were incorrect and didn't say the bit about jumps not being repeated more than once. They decided to follow that for AN rather than the correct rule b/c it was already in the announcement.

I assume, though, that from now on, the repeat rule will be applied (at AN and all other comps) as it was originally written last year when the WBP changed? Has anyone gotten clarification on that?

Mel On Ice
04-20-2007, 09:04 AM
if the other suggested change happens, look to add a third spin back to your program.

Debbie S
04-20-2007, 11:44 AM
if the other suggested change happens, look to add a third spin back to your program.Are you referring to the changing of the Bronze WBP to allow 3 spins? My understanding is that 3 is a max, not a minimum, right? Bronze skaters wouldn't have to have 3 spins, correct - we could have just 2? If the change goes through, and if I compete this summer, that would mean my program would be competed under 3 different sets of rules, as this would be the 3rd "season" of the program - lol. Don't worry, I won't be competing with this same program next year (actually, I've only had the program for a year and a half, since Jan '06). :)

I don't think I would change my program again, since the 3rd spin was the backspin (as part of the Bronze FS test version of the program) and I've already incorporated that into a change-foot spin that used to be a plain sit spin. And I can't do a camel, so there really aren't any other spin options I have anyway.

flying~camel
04-20-2007, 11:54 AM
At this point, I'm not planning to add a 3rd spin if the motion passes.

I rather like the way my program is laid out now and I don't really want to change it. Besides, my new combo spin will be 3 changes of position with 1 change of foot and my solo spin will involve different arm positions, so I don't think a third spin would do much for me ;)

Thankfully, this will be my last year in Bronze (AND class I)!