View Full Version : OK OBERSTDORF Who's going.

starskate6.0
04-19-2007, 08:39 PM
"Yippee" Im going to Oberstdorf again. :D

Im doing Gold mens again this year.. getting back into shape after 2 years off.
I hung out with the German team in 2005 , they where a blast..
Any other Gold men going.. Rumor has it there are ten of us this year.. 8O
Wow ...

Stormy
04-19-2007, 08:50 PM
I wish I could say I was going. ONE more year and I'll be old enough! :frus:

skatingpanda
04-20-2007, 03:21 AM
They have now the entries online at:

http://ice-dome.com/entries.pdf

(they also have a preliminary schedule: http://ice-dome.com/eventschedule.pdf )

kateskate
04-20-2007, 04:05 AM

Me too! I wish I could go. TWO more years and I'll be there!

starskate6.0
04-20-2007, 07:11 AM
I can't believe it.

But according to the posting.. Im the only gold three man going.. 8O
" Rates" .. Am I reading this right... ?

skatingpanda
04-20-2007, 07:45 AM
According to the schedule, it looks like they put together Gold II and Gold III. Keep an eye on the entries list though, as they are updating it almost daily.

blue111moon
04-20-2007, 08:37 AM
This Bronze III lady is going, although it will probably be my last year, since I'm getting tired of using up almost all of my vacation time for the year by the beginning of June. :)

This year I'm just hoping to better my perfomance over last year's, which hopefully shouldn't be be too hard to do, as long as I don't sprain (or break!) my ankle the week before the way I did last year. :)

2loop2loop
04-20-2007, 02:43 PM
I'm going to watch...probably, just need to iron out the details. Two more years until I can compete :)

coskater64
04-20-2007, 02:58 PM
I will be there, doing Master Ladies 2. Should have stayed in Gold. oh well!8O

pedonskates
04-20-2007, 09:11 PM
I will be there doing Masters Ladies I. After AN, I think I need some program revisions - no more toe loops for me!!

Brenda "Pedonskates"
Tucson, AZ

badaxel
04-21-2007, 08:28 PM

Wait a minute! We're not old enough, Stormy? Let's be glad that there's still something we're not old enough to do!

NoVa Sk8r
04-21-2007, 08:47 PM
The "youngest" entrant birthdate is June 30, 1978. That is, you need to be 28 as of July 1, 2006. ISU always uses July 1 from the *previous* year to determine age eligibility for the *current* year. (And as you can see below, there is an upper age limit as well!)

In its first year (2005), the comp. held that the youngest be 30 as of July 1, 2004--then, I was too young to go ... but I've aged up since then. 8-)

Age categories for ladies and men free skating events:
Class I skaters born between July 1st, 1969, and June 30th, 1978
Class II skaters born between July 1st, 1959, and June 30th, 1969
Class III skaters born between July 1st, 1949, and June 30th, 1959
Class IV skaters born between July 1st, 1935, and June 30th, 1949

NoVa Sk8r
04-21-2007, 08:52 PM
And alas, I am not going this year. :cry:
But I hope to return next year in singles and pairs. 8-)
Give my best to Speedy, everyone! :P

Stormy
04-21-2007, 09:00 PM
Wait a minute! We're not old enough, Stormy? Let's be glad that there's still something we're not old enough to do!

That's for true!! :D How often can we say we're not old enough for something!?

mikawendy
04-21-2007, 10:24 PM
Give my best to Speedy, everyone! :P

Is that a screen name for a skater who skates at O'dorf, or are you referring to Cinquanta? (Does he show up for that comp?)

NoVa Sk8r
04-21-2007, 11:09 PM
Is that a screen name for a skater who skates at O'dorf, or are you referring to Cinquanta? (Does he show up for that comp?)Cinquanta!

Debbie S
04-22-2007, 02:14 PM
Hey, maybe I should do this comp. I'd be in Class I.....for 2 more years! ;)

JulieN
04-22-2007, 11:35 PM
Would anyone be willing to videotape the 3 synchro teams and put them on YouTube? 8-)

chowskates
04-23-2007, 12:23 AM
"Yippee" Im going to Oberstdorf again. :D

Im doing Gold mens again this year.. getting back into shape after 2 years off.
I hung out with the German team in 2005 , they where a blast..
Any other Gold men going.. Rumor has it there are ten of us this year.. 8O
Wow ...

Hi, I just joined the thread a few days ago... and yes, I plan on going to Oberstdorf this year. I'll be skating Gold Ladies :)

Mrs Redboots
04-23-2007, 12:46 PM
We're not going; Husband would have liked to have skated Bronze Men, but we decided to do Tallinn instead as it might be the last one. So next year.

chowskates
04-28-2007, 05:15 AM
We're not going; Husband would have liked to have skated Bronze Men, but we decided to do Tallinn instead as it might be the last one. So next year.
Wonderful - at least I'll see you in Tallinn! :-)

kiwibabe
04-28-2007, 05:38 AM
Hi i was wondering if you could do me a favor at mountain cup and oberstdorf? A member at my club from Dunedin New Zealand, Sue Hoseit is competing in silver ladies IV, could you please cheer for her and yell out "smile, have fun" (its a personal joke). If she asks who asked you to do it could you answer the competition secretary from DISC.

THANKS

chowskates
04-28-2007, 05:54 AM
Hi i was wondering if you could do me a favor at mountain cup and oberstdorf? A member at my club from Dunedin New Zealand, Sue Hoseit is competing in silver ladies IV, could you please cheer for her and yell out "smile, have fun" (its a personal joke). If she asks who asked you to do it could you answer the competition secretary from DISC.

THANKS

LOL, certainly will be cheering for her! She helped me video my program at Mountain Cup last year ;-)

Mrs Redboots
04-28-2007, 12:15 PM

THANKSWe will! We all know Sue from last year's Mountain Cup, so we can certainly have fun with shouting that for her!

I hope you'll come over with her yourself, one of these years.

kiwibabe
04-28-2007, 11:15 PM
We will! We all know Sue from last year's Mountain Cup, so we can certainly have fun with shouting that for her!

I hope you'll come over with her yourself, one of these years.

She keeps asking my husband and I to go every year, but we've only been skating for two years. My husband is good enough to go but I'm not quite ready yet. Its quite expensive to go approx NZ$5000 per person once you get the airfares, accomodation etc in the cost maybe next year or the year after that.

Beccapoo2003
05-01-2007, 09:32 PM
Good luck to everyone at O'dorf!! Also, if you will be at VTT please give Piret a hug from me!
Happy Skating,
Becca

Mrs Redboots
05-02-2007, 04:35 AM
Good luck to everyone at O'dorf!! Also, if you will be at VTT please give Piret a hug from me!
Happy Skating,
BeccaWill do. Are we going to be missing you this year? :cry: :cry:

chowskates
05-02-2007, 05:39 AM
Happy Skating,
Becca

BECCA!!! How can you not come? What are we going to do without you? :cry:
Piret will get your hug anyway ;)

blue111moon
05-02-2007, 07:44 AM
We'll miss you, Becca! But I'm trying to convince a certain Brit to come to the Colonies in August for Peaches so we can all get together then. I'm jealous that Brownie and Benedict got to go to the beach with you last year and I had to stay home and work. :)

starskate6.0
05-02-2007, 12:58 PM
She keeps asking my husband and I to go every year, but we've only been skating for two years. My husband is good enough to go but I'm not quite ready yet. Its quite expensive to go approx NZ$5000 per person once you get the airfares, accomodation etc in the cost maybe next year or the year after that.

Hey Kiwi

great to see a Kiwi going to this event.. I am an Australian skating in the states and there about 5 Aussies going this year.. Chris is a great silver skater ( Ill be chearing him on ) Im sure he is a shoe in for the gold. Im in Gold mens 3 but Ill hve to skate with the guy's from Gold 2 if they don't mind... Ill be looking for the Kiwi out there and Ill make sure Im in the stands for her.. Gold ladies 1,2,3.....?

(" The greatest risk in life... is not taking one." ) ;)

kiwibabe
05-03-2007, 04:19 AM
Hey Kiwi

great to see a Kiwi going to this event.. I am an Australian skating in the states and there about 5 Aussies going this year.. Chris is a great silver skater ( Ill be chearing him on ) Im sure he is a shoe in for the gold. Im in Gold mens 3 but Ill hve to skate with the guy's from Gold 2 if they don't mind... Ill be looking for the Kiwi out there and Ill make sure Im in the stands for her.. Gold ladies 1,2,3.....?

(" The greatest risk in life... is not taking one." ) ;)

Hi,

Sue is in Silver ladies 4.

starskate6.0
05-03-2007, 09:11 PM
Hi,

Sue is in Silver ladies 4.
OK .. Ill look for her....Im in Gold mens ( Free for all ) . :lol:

lovepairs
05-04-2007, 05:06 AM
Starskate,

Wishing you the best of luck in Oberstdorf. Have a really great skate and a great time! We'll be thinking of you.

Lovepairs and Pairsman2 ;)

starskate6.0
05-04-2007, 08:02 PM
Starskate,

Wishing you the best of luck in Oberstdorf. Have a really great skate and a great time! We'll be thinking of you.

Lovepairs and Pairsman2 ;)

Thanks Lovepairs.. The program is awsome and my coach is pushing me to the max. :)

Teodora
02-27-2009, 04:20 AM
Hi,
my doughter ( she is 10 year's old) will take a part in Ice-dome traning camp 2009 Oberstdorf 1 for the first time.Is there someone who can share some impressions about it - tips, schedule etc.

starskate6.0
02-27-2009, 10:54 AM
On the town , the training, the rink .??? transportation etc etc.
What do you need to know. ?