View Full Version : I landed my double toe loop infront of my coach today!

tidesong
04-17-2007, 10:42 AM
Yay first time infront of coach. Previous attempts as far as two years back have been landed on one leg but I was never ever sure if they were fully rotated and never infront of coach.

Well now my coach tells me that it was fully rotated and I guess I have to trust him... because it feels nothing like my fully rotated double salchow! There isn't the same OOMPH in the jump... I can't explain it. I don't know what else to think of it. I'm actually a little disappointed... I was getting an OOMPHy double toe loop last week which I almost landed and I thought I was close there because that felt like my double salchow. I'm quite confused right now honestly. But still happy yay. Haha. Maybe I'll land it again next session.

kateskate
04-17-2007, 10:51 AM
Congratulations! :bow: :bow:

(Just to add, I've only ever done underrotated ones but they don't feel anything like a double sal with the same amount of underrotation - so I know what you mean about the ooomph feeling! My teacher has told me it was a quarter short sometimes and its only felt like a single to me)

Petlover
04-17-2007, 12:02 PM
Congratulations! That's quite an accomplishment!

southernsk8er
04-17-2007, 02:54 PM
Congratulations! Isn't it funny how elements sometimes disappear in front of a coach, lol. Good for you!!

tidesong
04-18-2007, 12:21 AM
Yeah I get stressed infront of my coach(es) :giveup:
Anyhow I know my old entries were swingy from a curve (causing me to underrotate) instead of off a straight line, so that could have been my first..."real" double toe loop jump as well!

@kateskate: yeah I been double checking with my friends too (i'm so paranoid!!) and they all say the double toe doesn't feel like the double salchow so that makes me feel better haha

Thanks everyone :)