View Full Version : What level skater are you?

FSWer
04-12-2007, 02:14 PM
Say, I was wondering what majority of skaters are at what level here?

Amandaskategirl
04-12-2007, 02:39 PM
I am not sure what level I am based on those categories. I have passed my UK level 3 elements and programme and the equivalent of level 4 field moves.

Elements wise I can land up to a lutz and am working on doubles (not particularly successfully)

Spins – struggle with spins – working on camel-sit and sit-sit.

Bill_S
04-12-2007, 02:49 PM
Adult Silver moves (maybe gold next year?), but I have not tested freestyle. I could pass Adult Pre-Bronze freestyle, but Bronze would be a problem because I don't have a backspin.

peanutskates
04-12-2007, 03:05 PM
Learn To Skate! :P

WannabeS8r
04-12-2007, 03:23 PM
Test-wise I am Pre-Juvenile and I am able to do all singles through lutz (which got sort of inconsistent recently). Competition-wise, however, I am in USFSA Freeskate 5, and I am working on perfecting the lutz, axel prep-work, and back sit spins.

emma
04-12-2007, 03:41 PM
Went through the adult track. Now working on Novice moves.

xofivebyfive
04-12-2007, 05:16 PM
usfsa- I haven't tested yet, but based on the TESTS(not and not the usual competition standard, I could be up to preliminary.

isi- testwise I'm FS3 but I should be in FS4. I just haven't tested for that yet.

All my singles are really nice and high and clean all the time, so I'm going to start trying the axel soon.

twokidsskatemom
04-12-2007, 05:23 PM
Test-wise I am Pre-Juvenile and I am able to do all singles through lutz (which got sort of inconsistent recently). Competition-wise, however, I am in USFSA Freeskate 5, and I am working on perfecting the lutz, axel prep-work, and back sit spins.

Have you tested at pre juv?Moves do you mean ?

WannabeS8r
04-12-2007, 05:31 PM
Have you tested at pre juv?Moves do you mean ?

Moves and Freestyle. ;) I don't plan on competing on this level anytime soon, obviously. Though I might when I get my axel and at least one double consistent (though, most doubles skaters do in PrePre and Preliminary competitions are rather cheated).

twokidsskatemom
04-12-2007, 05:38 PM
[QUOTE=WannabeS8r;317380]Moves and Freestyle. ;) I don't plan on competing on this level anytime soon, obviously. Though I might when I get my axel and at least one double consistent (though, most doubles skaters do in PrePre and Preliminary competitions are rather cheated).[/QUOTE

pre pre skaters cant have doubles in programs. I assume that when you do compete you would have to compete in at least pre juv?You cannt compete below your test level.You cant compete in basic skills or freeskate 5 if you have tested ANY fs test.

xofivebyfive
04-12-2007, 05:46 PM
Sasha you passed your prejuv mitf test?!

WannabeS8r
04-12-2007, 05:59 PM
pre pre skaters cant have doubles in programs. I assume that when you do compete you would have to compete in at least pre juv?You cannt compete below your test level.You cant compete in basic skills or freeskate 5 if you have tested ANY fs test.

Oh, I definitely don't want to compete in PrePre... competing against 8-year-old jumping beans is not really my thing. :D

My coach is planning on having me pass *officially* the Pre-Juv. test next month, and we actually went over the MITF and everything that will be on the test. So, I am not OFFICIALLY past Pre-Juv, it's just that my coach has already told me that I have all the elements and moves and field that will be on the test.

There was no FreeSkate 5 or anything on the poll so I chose "PreJuvenile" based on my current skating ability (just test-wise) just for the sake of it. I will be in a month, anyway! ;) I apologize for the misunderstanding if this is not allowed though.

liz_on_ice
04-12-2007, 06:01 PM
ISI FS2, as of yesterday!

twokidsskatemom
04-12-2007, 06:18 PM
Oh, I definitely don't want to compete in PrePre... competing against 8-year-old jumping beans is not really my thing. :D

My coach is planning on having me pass *officially* the Pre-Juv. test next month, and we actually went over the MITF and everything that will be on the test. So, I am not OFFICIALLY past Pre-Juv, it's just that my coach has already told me that I have all the elements and moves and field that will be on the test.

There was no FreeSkate 5 or anything on the poll so I chose "PreJuvenile" based on my current skating ability (just test-wise) just for the sake of it. I will be in a month, anyway! ;) I apologize for the misunderstanding if this is not allowed though.

So you have taken and passed pre pre and prelim moves and fs already then? I dont mean to be a pest, but just because you know the moves doesnt mean you can pass the test.Pre juv is the level they start really not passing, and looking for more speed and power.
Even if you compete at pre pre, you would be with the 10 and up skaters, not the 8 years olds.Its USUALLY under 10 and over 10.

CaraSkates
04-12-2007, 07:30 PM
I picked other - I have passed Pre-Preliminary FS and Preliminary MITF. I can land up to lutz and all single combos (lutz-loop, flip-toe-loop, etc), working really hard on axel and 2sal. Cheating both of them on two feet - ugh! Spins - scratch, back scratch, sit, camel, layback, really sucky flying camel, ok camel-sit, ok sit-back sit. I'm working on Pre-Juv MITF with the hope of testing that this fall or winter. Hopefully by then I will have a solid axel and 2sal and can test Preliminary FS.
So you have taken and passed pre pre and prelim moves and fs already then? I dont mean to be a pest, but just because you know the moves doesnt mean you can pass the test.Pre juv is the level they start really not passing, and looking for more speed and power.
Even if you compete at pre pre, you would be with the 10 and up skaters, not the 8 years olds.Its USUALLY under 10 and over 10.
I compete Pre-Pre and usually I am with 13 and up skaters (I am 17). At the last competition I competed Preliminary Compulsory Moves and there was only one group. Six girls, ages 8-17. Everyone skated close in level - fast, good edges. The littest girls got 1st, 2nd, 3rd and the older girls followed. Thats the way it works sometimes.

Actually around here there are a lot of older girls at Pre-Pre/Prelim and Pre-Juv is the little ones.

About the MITF test - I've known the moves/patterns for Pre-Juv for 6months now but we didn't start seriously working on them till two weeks ago when I passed Prelim MITF. i have a semi private on them every week (two of us) and I do each move at least 3 times a session just to ingrain them into my head.

twokidsskatemom
04-12-2007, 07:49 PM
I picked other - I have passed Pre-Preliminary FS and Preliminary MITF. I can land up to lutz and all single combos (lutz-loop, flip-toe-loop, etc), working really hard on axel and 2sal. Cheating both of them on two feet - ugh! Spins - scratch, back scratch, sit, camel, layback, really sucky flying camel, ok camel-sit, ok sit-back sit. I'm working on Pre-Juv MITF with the hope of testing that this fall or winter. Hopefully by then I will have a solid axel and 2sal and can test Preliminary FS.

I compete Pre-Pre and usually I am with 13 and up skaters (I am 17). At the last competition I competed Preliminary Compulsory Moves and there was only one group. Six girls, ages 8-17. Everyone skated close in level - fast, good edges. The littest girls got 1st, 2nd, 3rd and the older girls followed. Thats the way it works sometimes.

Actually around here there are a lot of older girls at Pre-Pre/Prelim and Pre-Juv is the little ones.

About the MITF test - I've known the moves/patterns for Pre-Juv for 6months now but we didn't start seriously working on them till two weeks ago when I passed Prelim MITF. i have a semi private on them every week (two of us) and I do each move at least 3 times a session just to ingrain them into my head.
That is why I said its USUALLY 10 and over, 10 and under. Not always. We live in a small state and both my kids have been with older kids. Its just a part of skating.I think in fs they TRY and keep them close in age, but comp moves and artistic/. showcase its more of just try to have a group of kids. My son competes with girls in all things but Fs.
About moves, I think most skaters know and work on moves long before they test them. My daughter does her pre juv every day, but is ony testing her prelim moves next month.That is why i asked if she really has tested her moves our just knows them.

blackmanskating
04-12-2007, 08:08 PM
Technically, I am pre-preliminary but I plan on testing through juvenile all at once! I have never been in a competition before. I have only been skating for 14 months. I landed my first axel 3 months ago. I landed my first clean double loop yesterday :!: :!: I am not sure how good I'll be in a competition when the pressure is on and judges are watching your every move and facial gesture. I'll do my best though.

jskater49
04-12-2007, 08:15 PM
I think wanabee made it pretty clear that she's not pre-juv but it ready to test pre-juv :)

Not that you asked for advice, but you sound like you are waiting until you are at a higher level before you compete - I suggest you just jump in there and compete and don't worry if a five year old will beat you (although at the pre pre and prelim level, they usually put the older girls together if there are enough) It's not just how well you do the elements, it makes a difference how much experience you have competing, girls who have competed more are probably going to do better. To get experience, you have to start somewhere - just jump in and go for it.
J

twokidsskatemom
04-12-2007, 08:29 PM
I think wanabee made it pretty clear that she's not pre-juv but it ready to test pre-juv :)

Not that you asked for advice, but you sound like you are waiting until you are at a higher level before you compete - I suggest you just jump in there and compete and don't worry if a five year old will beat you (although at the pre pre and prelim level, they usually put the older girls together if there are enough) It's not just how well you do the elements, it makes a difference how much experience you have competing, girls who have competed more are probably going to do better. To get experience, you have to start somewhere - just jump in and go for it.
J

Im not sure if she is ready to test pre juv or she can just do the elements in pre juv.I guess what Im trying to say is that you arent in a level until you pass it !! Most skaters can do things from higher levels but difference with doing it and doing it well enough to pass.
You are in a level when you pass it , not before.:)Most skaters work on moves at least a level or two above always.

CaraSkates
04-12-2007, 08:52 PM
Im not sure if she is ready to test pre juv or she can just do the elements in pre juv.I guess what Im trying to say is that you arent in a level until you pass it !! Most skaters can do things from higher levels but difference with doing it and doing it well enough to pass.
You are in a level when you pass it , not before.:)Most skaters work on moves at least a level or two above always.

Exactly. I'm concentrating on Pre-Juv MITF but I know all of Juvenile MITF and a lot of the patterns from Intermediate and Novice. Novice Bracket pattern is HARD!

jskater49
04-12-2007, 09:00 PM

Shrug. She clarified and said her coach told her she was ready to test pre-juv ...she didn't sound like she was misrepresenting herself.

I thought part of the conversation here was clarifying what people are doing especially since we are international, plus there's an adult track. Just saying what level you have passed doesn't really say much either, I can say I've passed pre bronze - but there are a people here who haven't passed pre-bronze and are working on a lot more advance stuff than me

j

twokidsskatemom
04-12-2007, 10:14 PM
Shrug. She clarified and said her coach told her she was ready to test pre-juv ...she didn't sound like she was misrepresenting herself.

I thought part of the conversation here was clarifying what people are doing especially since we are international, plus there's an adult track. Just saying what level you have passed doesn't really say much either, I can say I've passed pre bronze - but there are a people here who haven't passed pre-bronze and are working on a lot more advance stuff than me

j

She said she was pre juv but was really was freeskate 5. You really cant be at both levels at the same time which is why I asked.If you take any fs test at all, you can only compete at that level, not lower.Im not sure what tests she has taken and passed. Just because a coach says you are at that level realy doesnt make it so:) My daughter has novice moves in her Fs program but she isnt at novice level :)

Dont mean to be difficult,just to understand what she means.

tidesong
04-13-2007, 12:28 AM
I compete in adult gold (but never done any tests because we don't have a adult test system in place here) and previously competed in pre-juvenile although the system in singapore has been changing over the last couple years so it turns out that I also failed my pre-juvenile test last year as well, after I competed in pre-juvenile a few years before... but I just put pre-juvenile as the category... since it seems like the closest... I also compete in freestyle 6 for ISI

SkatingOnClouds
04-13-2007, 03:27 AM
I'm another "other". Adult Silver in Australian competition standards. We don't have adult tests here. I have competed only the once at adult silver. If there aren't adult divisions I have to compete at the Aussie Elementary level because of the tests I passed when I was younger. Not competitive at that level.

I have single jumps through to a rather wild flip, and occasional lutz.

kateskate
04-13-2007, 04:21 AM
I would be other as well. Don't know what the UK equivalent is. And we don't have adult testing in the UK.

I have level 3 elements and free and would like to take my level 4 sometime (axel permitting).

I have level 6 field moves.

Jumps - I can do up to a lutz no problem and I'm working on axels and doubles. Have landed axels and double salchows in the past but they are inconsistent.

Spins - can do camel, sit, layback, backsit. Have tried flying camels, change foot camels and other variations on a theme!

AW1
04-13-2007, 05:32 AM
I'm a lowly old learn-to-skater!

fmh
04-13-2007, 08:34 AM
I'm pre novice (hopefully novice soon) in Canada..I think it's a bit different than the US.. are people in pre novice in the US usually the skaters with all their double jumps (maybe double axel ..but maybe not) and probably trying triples too?

Mrs Redboots
04-13-2007, 11:17 AM
I, too, am "Other" - have NISA Level 1 Bronze Free Dance, Level 2 Bronze Skating Moves and Level 3 Bronze Compulsory dances!

We compete in those competitions run under similar rules to the USFSA as pre-Bronze, which seems about right. Adult Elementary in this country!

kateskate
04-13-2007, 11:21 AM
Ooo I forgot dance - whoops!

I'm have level 6 compulsories, level 5 free dance and level 4 original dance

Compete at adult intermediate in free and dance in the UK.

Petlover
04-13-2007, 11:33 AM
I have passed ISI Freestyle 3 and ISI Dance 3. I am working on improving my current level plus learning the next level. I am hoping to be ready to test USFSA Adult Pre-Bronze moves sometime in the next couple of years if I can turn my "goofy 8" into a "waltz 8".
Marcia

Virtualsk8r
04-13-2007, 11:38 AM
How do tests in the USFSA system compare to the ISI system? What levels are equivalent?

I know the USFSA competitive freeskate tests are easier in content than the Canadian equivalent i.e. Cdn Junior competitive must land a double axel to pass and Sr Competitive must land a triple plus a double axel to pass. USFSA international dances contain some dances, ie starlight waltz - that is on the Cdn senior silver dance test (US pre-gold) and some of the lower dances are different.

What about the UK? Used to be that dance tests started with the ISU 14-step level with no tests for the prelim - bronze level. How does it work now?

xofivebyfive
04-13-2007, 12:11 PM
How do tests in the USFSA system compare to the ISI system? What levels are equivalent?

Well as far as tests go:

USFSA PrePreliminary=ISI FS 3
USFSA Preliminary=ISI FS 4
USFSA PreJuvenile=ISI FS 4
USFSA Juvenile=ISI FS 5
USFSA Intermediate=ISI FS 6
USFSA Novice=ISI FS 7
USFSA Junior=ISI FS 8
USFSA Senior=ISI FS 8

Mrs Redboots
04-13-2007, 12:30 PM
What about the UK? Used to be that dance tests started with the ISU 14-step level with no tests for the prelim - bronze level. How does it work now?

We have hundreds of tests and they all cost a lot of money! Moves are now (since January) the same for all disciplines, and go from Level 1 Bronze to Level 10 Gold.

There are also 10 levels of tests for dances, in three streams - compulsory dance, free dance, and Original/Variation dance. The latter has a variation Rhythm Blues at level 1 Bronze, then a variation Canasta Tango at level 2, and after that it is an original dance at steadily increasing length and level of difficulty; the free dance tests just start at level 1 and also gradually increase in length, difficulty and passing standard.

I get confused with which compulsory dances are where after about level 7 Gold, there are 2 levels for levels 8, 9 and 10 and I can never remember which are which. But the lower levels are:

Level 1 Bronze: Novice Foxtrot and Rhythm Blues
Level 2 Bronze: Canasta Tango and Dutch Waltz
Level 3 Bronze: Riverside Rhumba and Golden Skaters' Waltz
Level 4 Silver: Fiesta Tango and Swing Dance
Level 5 Silver: 14-step and Willow Waltz
Level 6 Silver: Foxtrot and European Waltz
Level 7 Gold: Blues and American Waltz (I think)

Time was, above Level 6 Silver you divided into 2 streams, standard and competitive (for the wannabe elites). But, naturally, everybody wanted to be elite, so they've rather abandoned that, but I know that to compete Junior you have to have level 9, and Senior level 10 in whichever discipline. And I rather think you have to have level 8 for Novice, but I wouldn't swear to it.

Skittl1321
04-13-2007, 12:34 PM
I don't really fit into any of those categories- except maybe I'm still considered LTS? I've passed USFSA Freeskate 2, which I guess is a learn to skate level, but not a basic skills program level.

Even when I test, I won't be in those levels though, because I'm working on pre-bronze right now. (I should be able to do the freeskate, but those darn moves!)

skating_babe11
04-13-2007, 12:36 PM
Im working on my senior bronze freeskate test, gold dances, senior silver skating skills and gold interpretive. I dont know what that qualifies under the poll check boxes.;)

looplover
04-13-2007, 01:19 PM
Other because I'm ISI FS4 and I think I can pass USFSA adult pre-bronze and bronze.

Virtualsk8r
04-13-2007, 01:56 PM
Thanks XOfivebyfive and Mrs Redboots. Perhaps we should start a thread comparing the different test requirements around the globe?

As for the UK dances, there are some familiar ones there for US and Cdn skaters! In Canada we have for test stream dance:

Preliminary: Dutch, Canasta, Baby Blues & optional creative (sort of an OD) dance
Junior Bronze: Swing Dance, Willow Waltz, Fiesta Tango
Sr Bronze: 14-Step, European Waltz, 10-Fox and optional creative dance
Jr Silver: Rocker Foxtrot, American Waltz, Harris Tango, Keats Foxtrot
Sr Silver: Killian, Starlight waltz, Cha-Cha congolato, Paso Doble, & optional Silver creative dance (more like a freedance) - need 4 to pass this level
Gold: Viennese Watz, Westminster Waltz, Argentine Tango, Silver Samba, Quickstep & optional Gold creatie dance (like a freedance) - need 4 to pass this level

Optional: Diamond Dances: Rhumba, Yankee Polka, Tango Romantica, Golden Waltz, Ravensburger Waltz, Austrian Waltz ( need 4 to pass level)

We used to have a Dance Variation, Bronze Rhythm Dance, Silver Interpretive Dance and Gold Interpretive Dance as a separate test stream but that disappeared.

Competitive dance is; Pre-novice stroking, Novice freedance, Junior freedance and Senior freedance --- technically you can have your senior competitive dance without ever passing a compulsory dance - just the freedance!!!

peanutskates
04-13-2007, 01:57 PM
sasha, how old are you?

kateskate
04-13-2007, 02:00 PM
I get confused with which compulsory dances are where after about level 7 Gold, there are 2 levels for levels 8, 9 and 10 and I can never remember which are which. But the lower levels are:

Level 1 Bronze: Novice Foxtrot and Rhythm Blues
Level 2 Bronze: Canasta Tango and Dutch Waltz
Level 3 Bronze: Riverside Rhumba and Golden Skaters' Waltz
Level 4 Silver: Fiesta Tango and Swing Dance
Level 5 Silver: 14-step and Willow Waltz
Level 6 Silver: Foxtrot and European Waltz
Level 7 Gold: Blues and American Waltz (I think)

Almost - level 7 is 22step and American (my new dances!)

Level 1 CD - Prelim foxtrot and rhythm blues
Level 2 CD - Canasta Tango and Dutch Waltz
Level 3 CD - Riverside Rhumba and Golden Skaters Waltz
Level 4 CD - Swing dance and Fiesta Tango
Level 5 CD - 14 step and Willow Waltz
Level 6 CD - Foxtrot and European Waltz
Level 7 CD - 22 step and American Waltz
Level 8A CD - Blues and Rocker Foxtrot
Level 8B CD - Tango and Silver Samba
Level 9A CD - Starlight Waltz and Kilian
Level 9B CD - Argentine Tango and Paso Doble
Level 10A CD - Viennese Waltz and Quickstep
Level 10B CD - Westminster Waltz and Rhumba

I think that is the correct list

frbskate63
04-13-2007, 02:32 PM
Time was, above Level 6 Silver you divided into 2 streams, standard and competitive (for the wannabe elites). But, naturally, everybody wanted to be elite, so they've rather abandoned that, but I know that to compete Junior you have to have level 9, and Senior level 10 in whichever discipline. And I rather think you have to have level 8 for Novice, but I wouldn't swear to it.

They haven't abandoned competitive tests, they just incorporate them into NJS qualifying events these days. Those who haven't yet got their competitive tests have to reach at least level 8 free or level 6 dance to be eligible to enter a qualifier (and I assume higher than that for the higher levels).

Fiona

WannabeS8r
04-13-2007, 03:23 PM
She said she was pre juv but was really was freeskate 5. You really cant be at both levels at the same time which is why I asked.If you take any fs test at all, you can only compete at that level, not lower.Im not sure what tests she has taken and passed. Just because a coach says you are at that level realy doesnt make it so:) My daughter has novice moves in her Fs program but she isnt at novice level :)

Dont mean to be difficult,just to understand what she means.

Sorry if I was a bit obscure! I have passed a Preliminary moves test, but not Freestyle because I wasn't sure what level I want to compete at. But now, I am not planning to compete until the fall, probably. I want to really compete once I get my Axel, in Preliminary or PreJuv. I don't want to skate for medals and be kept at Preliminary, for instance, until I can place there in competitions (considering many skaters at that level have at least one double, which will probably take me several months to land). So, why not? My coach and I all ready thought it would be convenient (for me) to take the highest test I can right now and gradually build up my skills. I apologize if I wasn't allowed to choose "Pre-Juvenile", but I assumed it's ok since I am taking the test soon anyway (and my coach emphasized that I could pass it after seeing my mitf...).

I apologize if that was a bit confusing! ;)

cathrl
04-14-2007, 06:18 AM
I've passed my gold passport for dance, and my bronze passport for figure. (And everything for the silver and gold figure except the *&^% multirevolution spins).

One of these days I plan to do some dance tests, and maybe some moves tests as well. I compete against people who have up to compulsory dance level 3, and I'm not generally outclassed, at least.

Mrs Redboots
04-14-2007, 10:28 AM
I compete against people who have up to compulsory dance level 3, and I'm not generally outclassed, at least.
You certainly aren't - you can outskate me any day of the week, especially when you're partnered!

WSkater
04-14-2007, 01:26 PM
I'm intermediate STARskate... In Canada... I can almost land my axel (1/8 of a rotation missing) and I am learnig my double Salchow and double toe. Want to be a dance pair but I'm only on my European Waltz and I'm 14... Also Jr. Bronze Skills... All these level in skating confuse me... :??

Dani

Sessy
04-14-2007, 02:00 PM
No idea what the equivalent is, but I can do a spiral lifting the free foot to my head, I can do the toeloop, salchow, loop, and flip. My lutz is inconsistent and I'm working on the axel.
I can only do a scratch spin though in terms of spins. Sometimes, from a centered scratch spin (which is a rare occasion) I can do a pretty good backspin as well. Which is weird, because I rarely to never practice it (only when I feel myself getting a centered scratch spin, because that's the only way I know to do a backspin). Maybe because I like the loop jump so much.

in Dutch terms, I passed the F test yesterday. So from here on, it's on to the class tests.

cathrl
04-14-2007, 03:15 PM
You certainly aren't - you can outskate me any day of the week, especially when you're partnered!

Not sure about that - you can do dances which involve going (whispers) backwards 8O

Actually, I can do backwards, it's that perishing turning round that gets me :)

jskater49
04-14-2007, 03:51 PM
Not sure about that - you can do dances which involve going (whispers) backwards 8O

Me too - why can't we do 2 foot turns in dance???;)

j

Mrs Redboots
04-15-2007, 06:54 AM

Me too - why can't we do 2 foot turns in dance???;)

It would make life a whole lot easier, wouldn't it! I can turn round (mostly) just fine with a partner, but solo? You are so joking.... and my coach makes me practice the Prelim Waltz solo to help with just about everything. It's very slow and stately - but at least I'm not grinding to a halt.

But even still, in our free dance this year we have what we call the "losing speed manoeuvre" otherwise I simply can't get where I need to be for the next bit!

jskater49
04-15-2007, 07:14 AM
But even still, in our free dance this year we have what we call the "losing speed manoeuvre" otherwise I simply can't get where I need to be for the next bit!

Hehehe "Losing speed manoeuvre" - that's what I'll tell my coach when she gives me something to slow me down so I won't skid before trying to jump.."

"Although I'd really prefer you jump without slowing down" is what she always tells me"

j

BatikatII
04-16-2007, 03:37 AM
I've got quite a variety of levels in all sorts of disciplines now so maybe should concentrate on leveling them off.

These are all UK NISA national tests.

level 1 free skate and elements. Could pass level 2 in free but can't yet master the backspin to pass the elements part.

level 4 in moves (well the old interbronze Field moves which is new level 4 equivalent). This now counts for both free and dance.

Dance
level 2 in compulsory dance. Can do both level 3 compulsories and could pass this if I could be bothered to practice but I hate compulsory dance!

level 1 variation dance - took this just so I'd have a level in every discipline (except synchro!) since I object to the whole principle of a variation - what's the point in taking a perfectly good dance and cutting it in half and inserting a round of your own steps and then doing the second half. Crazy. Didnt take any more since level 3 was based on a level 5 compulsory but now will take level 2 sometime as level 3 is now an 'original dance' and I have competed original dance and know the one I did would have passed level 3 - just annoying to have to do the pesky level 2 variation first - aaaarrrrggghh!

level 3 free dance - took levels 1 - 3 all together and had to do the dance 3 times! Would have taken it as level 4 too but coach reckoned I'd be shattered trying to do it a fourth time though he was sure it would pass (and having seen what has passed at that level I wish I had done it again). Anyway I will probably take this level when I have my new free dance done.

Basically I have single jumps up to but not including Lutz.

xxcharxx
04-19-2007, 02:22 PM
i just started and am predicted by my coach to complete the learn to skate course within a year (whilst go skating 1's every second week and being coached on the other) is this good?

Rusty Blades
04-19-2007, 02:32 PM
I am 5' 9" so I guess that makes me a fairly high level skater .... 8O

(...sorry!)

Helen88
04-19-2007, 02:36 PM
Yikes I feel looooow compared to you guys. I'm level 6 Skate UK, just passed level 5. And struggling :roll:.

skatingdoris
04-19-2007, 04:05 PM
I am 5' 9" so I guess that makes me a fairly high level skater .... 8O

(...sorry!)

:lol: ROFLMAO :lol:

That’s great, ha ha. I chose to look at it this way too, makes me one of the highest skaters at my rink, yey!!

Umm, back to reality…

I put other because I also have no idea what category I fit into, apart from plonker.

I'm working on my axel and making single combinations more solid at the mo. spins - can do: upright, cross foot, back, camel, sit and back sit reasonably competently
Learning - layback (:lol: ), back camel (well supposed to be, can't remember the last time I practiced it:evil: )

I have done very little dance, but I will rectify this one-day.

DaisySkate♥
04-21-2008, 10:58 AM
I Chose Other Because Im Doing NISA Levels (Which Werent An Option Lol :P)

Im Level 5 In Elements, 4 In Free And Bronze In Field Moves (Eq. To Level 6/7)

So Basically Axel And Double Salchow Consistent (Also In Lvl 5 Elements Test) Can Do Double Loop On A Good Day, Have Landed Double Toeloop Before But I Really Hate It!

This Was A Good Idea For A Thread!

WhiteBoots30
04-21-2008, 11:15 AM
I am in the UK so have put 'other'.

I have NISA level 4 elements, level 3 free and bronze field moves (equivalent to level 6). Also level 3 compulsory dance and 4 free dance.

Jumps: all singles, a currently absent axel (has been on and off for 2 years but had been consistent for a few months before the test!) and a 'getting there' double sal.

Spins: Upright, sit, camel, back upright and sit

SynchroSk8r114
04-21-2008, 12:15 PM
Working on actually passing my Intermediate...or well, more like actually testing it, LOL! Every time there's been a test session at my rink, I've had finals. Well, this month I lucked out and I'll be taking it on 4/30! Now all I have to do is pass.

I'm also working on my last 4 Gold dances. I already have my Gold in Senior MIF, which I passed in May 2005.

Jump-wise, I'm not only working on passing my Intermediate test, but up through the jumps required for the Novice test. I'm starting to get a decent double loop and double toe. I also mess around with double flips from time to time...

ETA: I passed my Intermediate FS and I'm officially on Novice!

Lisa_C
04-21-2008, 02:17 PM
I just passed USFSA Freeskate 3 in Learn to Skate. I am also working on my Pre-Bronze MITF.

Skittl1321
04-21-2008, 02:22 PM
I just passed USFSA Freeskate 3 in Learn to Skate. I am also working on my Pre-Bronze MITF.

Congratulations!!! I'm ready to test it again (I had a pity pass, but shouldn't have been given it) now that my backspin is crossed.

jcookie1982
04-21-2008, 02:24 PM
I'm ISI freestyle 2/3, and was working on testing pre-bronze MIF and freestyle.

Kim to the Max
04-21-2008, 02:27 PM
I have passed my juvenile MITF and am testing my Intermediate on Saturday 8O *gulp*

I have also passed my preliminary freestyle test and will be testing pre-Juvenile on Saturday as well...I am no where near competitive level with these, but am just trying to work on my tests...

I ultimately want to pass my Senior moves and as high as I can get with my freestyle.

ibreakhearts66
04-21-2008, 04:36 PM
I say other because the level i've tested isn't really representative of my ability. I've only tested pre-pre, but am really at about an intermediate level for competing (i suppose junior/senior going by the fs tests as I have all my doubles except double axel, but I really go more by what elements would be done in a competition). I need to get around to testing lol.