View Full Version : i don't even know WHAT jump I'm doing...

peanutskates
04-12-2007, 03:39 AM
can someone give me a vid of a waltz jump? thanku

peanutskates
04-12-2007, 05:37 AM
do you cross your feet on all jumps? including the waltz?

kateskate
04-12-2007, 06:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79hME5Tnaw8

First jump in that clip is a waltz jump. I'm afraid it is not a good example of a waltz jump - ideally you need more kick and extension with the free leg. I think I have a better example at home not uploaded to youtube.

I should add I'm a CW skater so you probably jump the other way - ie taking off on left foot and landing on right. Whereas I jump right to left.

You don't cross your feet on a waltz jump itself (but you can on axel prep exercises using waltz jumps eg waltzjumps into backspins). You *should* cross your feet on all other jumps although when learning singles at first (especially ones that require a change from take off to rotational side -I can't describe that properly - if someone else can explain what I mean better please do!- ie salchows and toe loops) it is harder to get the cross. Single Loops, flips and lutzes are easier to get the cross as you are already "over" your landing side. If someone can explain that better please do! Or correct me if I'm talking nonsense.

jskater49
04-12-2007, 07:04 AM
can someone give me a vid of a waltz jump? thanku

http://oasis.dit.upm.es/~jantonio/personal/patinaje/index.htm

There is a link here to Scott Hamilton doing the most big and beautiful waltz jump. Something to aspire to :)

j

peanutskates
04-12-2007, 03:02 PM
kateskate, I jump from my right foot and land on my left too. (so I guess I'm CW...) anyway thanks for the links!

dooobedooo
04-12-2007, 04:02 PM
Just wanted to add .... bandwidth considerations ...

You can save on bandwidth on this site (Scott Hamilton jump, etc) by downloading the video clip onto your PC. Just find the jump that you want, and right-click on the link, then select "save target as". Save it onto your PC and you can play it again and again.

I seem to remember that Kevin who originally compiled this site a few years back, had big problems with his web hosts and bandwidths. Eventually his site got closed down. We are really fortunate that someone seems to have copied his site completely elsewhere - so let's help keep it up there!

Thanks.