View Full Version : Competitor's parties

AshBugg44
04-08-2007, 01:51 PM
Our rink is having our 20th anniversary competition this coming November and we were thinking of having a competitor's party. For those of you who have been to Regionals/Nationals/etc. where there have been competitior's parties, what have been some of the best features of them? What have made good parties? We don't have a large facility so we can't have anything huge, like those blow up obstacle courses, but we're looking for ideas to make it an awesome party!

jskater49
04-08-2007, 02:12 PM
I've only been to one - it was at midwesterns...and it was fun - they gave us a puzzle piece that matched someone else so you could meet someone new. My only complaint was that it was 8 pm and we didn't have dinner till 8:45- I guess it was to give everyone time to get there since the last competition was at 7 but I was starving and tired. And do you always seperate the judges? They went somewhere else to eat and I didn't quite get why that was necesary.

j

phoenix
04-08-2007, 02:37 PM
I've never been to a competitor's party except at a very small local competition & was wondering what they're like.....not sure if I want to go to the one at AN. Is it a sit down dinner, or just lots of mingling in a big room.....or...?? And are people dressed up or in casual rink clothes?

techskater
04-08-2007, 04:39 PM
Mingling, big room, lots of dancing, drinking, lots of laughing. Basically social dance without ice.