View Full Version : Best wishes to everyone going to AN

Thin-Ice
04-07-2007, 05:07 PM
Have a great time at AN!!! Don't forget we are all cheering for everything you do. Let us know about the ice, the costumes, the practices, the competitions, the new friends you make and the old friends you see. Oh, and have safe travels (but not on your spins :lol:. )

Thin-Ice

P.S. Thanks to the organizers for all the hard work that goes into an event this big.

Terri C
04-07-2007, 05:24 PM
I'd like to send my good luck wishes too along with the following advice"
Please watch the vodka!! :lol:

techskater
04-07-2007, 05:38 PM
I'd like to send my good luck wishes too along with the following advice"
Please watch the vodka!! :lol:

Why, does it do tricks? :lol:

jazzpants
04-07-2007, 09:14 PM
Why, does it do tricks? :lol:Given what I've been reading, it will do a very good magic trick call "making itself disappear." :P :twisted: :lol:

Guys! Have a WONDERFUL time!!! Have a great skate and if you have AN gossip, please PM them my way!!! LOL!!! :halo: :P :lol: (And if hubby finds a job soon, I will see you guys next year at Lake Placid!!!) :D

And yes, I am very impressed with the organizers of this AN too. Special kudos to Webmistress manleywoman too!!! :bow:

Mel On Ice
04-07-2007, 09:34 PM
wish you were going jazz, you should see the size of the bottle of champagne I'm taking!

dbny
04-07-2007, 11:25 PM
May each of you have your best skate ever!

techskater
04-08-2007, 05:18 AM
wish you were going jazz, you should see the size of the bottle of champagne I'm taking!

And I've already got one in the wine fridge!

flo
04-08-2007, 12:42 PM
Thank you thank you!!!

Looking forward to it. Now to finish some things at work (it's Easter and I'm here) finish the costume, copy the cd, clean the house, get a bottle of wine for the dag nanny, give the dogs a bath, pack.....

Also, If anyone's interested, I'll have glass pendants and a couple extra bowls to sell. I'm donating one to the silent auction. It's called "tracings" and it's fused glass with pure silver inclusions.
Thanks to all the volunteers!:bow:

jazzpants
04-08-2007, 02:09 PM
wish you were going jazz, you should see the size of the bottle of champagne I'm taking!OOOOHHH... take a picture of the champagne bottle for me, please!!! (Emptied or filled... doesn't matter.) I want to see how big it is!!! Post it on your myspace pages!!! :twisted: :P :lol:

I am expecting Jay to bring back some cookie dough for me (for those of you in the Wyandotte FSC....) I'd love to see how good those cookies are. :yum:

e-skater
04-08-2007, 03:35 PM
Have a great time at AN!!! Don't forget we are all cheering for everything you do. Let us know about the ice, the costumes, the practices, the competitions, the new friends you make and the old friends you see. Oh, and have safe travels (but not on your spins :lol:. )

Thin-Ice

P.S. Thanks to the organizers for all the hard work that goes into an event this big.

Hi, Thin-Ice. Ditto everything you said so very nicely.

I wish all who are competing great skates, and great fun!

(Jazz and Terri, you reading this? Can't wait til next year when you guys go, assuming all goes smoothly up until then! I'll have to live vicariously through you guys....though I'll never say "never", LOL!)

skaternum
04-08-2007, 03:53 PM
Good luck to everyone! Hope you have a good skate and, more importantly, loads of fun!!

TreSk8sAZ
04-08-2007, 03:53 PM
Best of luck everyone! Wish I could be there with you, but I'll see you next year!

P.S. Don't forget to post stories and reports!!!! :twisted: :lol:

PattyP
04-08-2007, 03:58 PM
Thanks everyone!

I'll have my laptop with me, so I'll try to post when I can.

Can't wait to see everyone who's going!

DallasSkater
04-08-2007, 04:41 PM
Have a great time! Can't wait to hear all about it!

NoVa Sk8r
04-08-2007, 04:57 PM
Safe travels everyone (but not during your spins)!

Here's hoping all the extra/last-minute practices and runthroughs have been worth it ... <<<crosses fingers>>>

daisies
04-08-2007, 06:37 PM
Thanks for the good luck wishes! Wishing everyone good luck as well!

Not sure I will actually skate. I'm injured (right hamstring) and haven't skated since last Monday. I'm going to attempt to just do stroking on Wednesday night, then if I'm OK, on my 20-minute warmup on Friday I will rechoreograph my Interp to replace the right-leg takeoff jumps with left-leg takeoff jumps! Good thing I signed up for the dramatic category since I am going through all this drama! LOL

coskater64
04-08-2007, 07:05 PM
Good luck to all who are going! See ya there!8O

skatingatty
04-08-2007, 08:41 PM
Chiming in to wish everyone good luck too! I'll be there as a spectator on Friday, assuming I can figure out how to get to the rink on the subway/bus and/or taxi. :)

Isk8NYC
04-08-2007, 09:24 PM
Good luck to all!

May your edges be clean, your turns crisp, and any spins/jumps perfect!

doubletoe
04-08-2007, 11:50 PM
Thanks for the good luck wishes! Wishing everyone good luck as well!

Not sure I will actually skate. I'm injured (right hamstring) and haven't skated since last Monday. I'm going to attempt to just do stroking on Wednesday night, then if I'm OK, on my 20-minute warmup on Friday I will rechoreograph my Interp to replace the right-leg takeoff jumps with left-leg takeoff jumps! Good thing I signed up for the dramatic category since I am going through all this drama! LOL

Oh, come on, Daisies! Just do those right leg takeoff jumps in the program. We'll carry you off the ice and you'll have a full year to recover before next AN! ;)

vesperholly
04-09-2007, 03:13 AM
Best of luck to everyone but in particular to my girl Stormy!! And all of my friends I met at Easterns. Kick butt and take names, each and every one of you!

Mrs Redboots
04-09-2007, 12:27 PM
Clean ice and sharp blades to all of you.

Have a wonderful time, and I want to hear all the gossip!

Stormy
04-09-2007, 08:27 PM
Safe travels everyone! My flight leaves at 7:45 AM tomorrow! I can't wait to see my old friends and meet new ones!.

MusicSkateFan
04-10-2007, 08:05 AM
Safe Flights to all who are flying. United flight leaves DC at 10:45am on Thursday for me.

I hope everyone is able to stick to their game plan and skate the way they know they can.

I am just gonna do my thing!

I am always pretty focused around competitions but please come and say HI!

I will try to do the same!

rlichtefeld
04-10-2007, 02:35 PM
Good luck everyone!

Remember to bend and breathe.

Rob

Sk8pdx
04-11-2007, 09:43 PM
Best of luck to everyone! 8-)
~sk8pdx