View Full Version : Toooeeeeepppiiiccckkkkk :)

3skatekiddos
04-04-2007, 08:56 AM
My older DS had his second lesson last night and I must say, I may be enjoying this a little too much. He is doing really well adjusting to the pick but it obviously gets him once in a while causing his coach and I to gleefully scream " TOEPICK ". I re-watched The Cutting Edge movie with him a few nights ago and even he though the toepick parts were funny.

He is 10 going on 16 with the attitude to go with it so it's nice to have a chuckle at his expense :twisted:

He has a very nice waltz jump though and his spins are pretty fast without any travelling which is surprising. I wonder how long he will stay with it ?

Isk8NYC
04-04-2007, 10:26 AM
All right, you've had your fun. Now lay off the kid for a while. ;)

Sessy
04-04-2007, 03:48 PM
Everybody trips over their toepicks once in a while. Recently, a girl at our club who does nationals and skates international competitions tripped over her toepick in the middle of not doing anything. :lol:

dbny
04-04-2007, 06:30 PM
Everybody trips over their toepicks once in a while. Recently, a girl at our club who does nationals and skates international competitions tripped over her toepick in the middle of not doing anything. :lol:

I believe I've even seen it happen in the Olympics.

jskater49
04-05-2007, 07:09 AM

I believe I've even seen it happen in the Olympics.

Scott Hamilton, 1981 World Championships, just skating forward, tripped and fell on his toe picks. Still won.

j

Mrs Redboots
04-05-2007, 09:10 AM
The only time I ever trip on my toepicks is in competition! Well, slight exaggeration, but the vast majority of times have been.

Laura H
04-05-2007, 10:05 AM
Always happy to hear about another boy skater! I never thought my DS would stick with it (he just turned 9) but he's still going strong, much to my surprise. I was so worried that his friends might tease him about it but they are mostly impressed once they see him skate . . . especially the jumps!!