View Full Version : European "triathlon" - who's doing what?

Mrs Redboots
04-02-2007, 03:23 PM
Now that the closing dates are past, who's signed up for which of the European competitions?

We're doing Tallinn - pre-Bronze dance as a couple, and Husband is doing Bronze free skating and Bronze solo dance - and the Mountain Cup - pre-bronze dance and couples' Interpretive, and Husband is doing Bronze free again. We're also doing the Mountain Cup camp.

rlichtefeld
04-02-2007, 03:36 PM
I'm doing the Vana Tallinn Trophy - Silver Men IV Freeskate.

Rob

coskater64
04-02-2007, 04:05 PM
I am doing O'dorf and MC, then going to Spain.:twisted:
Master's ladies 2 FS and silver solo dance, master's figures, interp, and pre silver dance.
but that's it....

kateskate
04-02-2007, 05:51 PM
I'm doing Tallinn and the Mountain Cup

Bronze free skating class I (21-28yrs) and pre silver solo dance for both

Am very excited :D :D :D

mintypoppet
04-03-2007, 02:23 AM
Mountain Cup - cutting my teeth on prelim solo dance!

Sonic
04-03-2007, 03:05 AM
As above - Mountain cup, prelim solo dance and bronze free skate 29-35...if I don't bottle it at the last minute, that is lol!

S xxx

blue111moon
04-03-2007, 07:23 AM
All 3 - I hope, since I haven't had any acknowledgemnt that my faxed entries were received (I really hate electronic submissions!)

Free Skate, Interp and Figures.

Mrs Redboots
04-03-2007, 07:56 AM
I'm doing the Vana Tallinn Trophy - Silver Men IV Freeskate.Oh good! One of my friends was asking me about the Peach Classic this morning and she's doing Tallinn (and MC - in both cases gold solo dance and Masters' Interp) so I'll be able to introduce you and you can tell her all about it (and try to sell the Husband on the idea of coming, too, although I suspect more probably in 2008, what with the Daughter's wedding and all this year).

I am doing O'dorf and MC, then going to Spain.:twisted:We're going to go to south-west France for a few days, but I don't think we'll go into Spain, although we might see if we can pop into Andorra.

All 3 - I hope, since I haven't had any acknowledgemnt that my faxed entries were received (I really hate electronic submissions!) And don't forget, we have a date for 15 May, skating in London!

rlichtefeld
04-03-2007, 08:54 AM
Oh good! One of my friends was asking me about the Peach Classic this morning and she's doing Tallinn (and MC - in both cases gold solo dance and Masters' Interp) so I'll be able to introduce you and you can tell her all about it (and try to sell the Husband on the idea of coming, too, although I suspect more probably in 2008, what with the Daughter's wedding and all this year).

I'd be glad to tell her all about it.

I should have some info up soon for this years' event. I'm waiting for the Regional Vice Chair to give his OK. We can't "legally" advertise or put out any info about an event in the US until we get the OK on the date, and not even really till we get the sanction approved.

However, we have TONS of info from the past few years on our club's website, including results, announcements, etc.:
http://www.gafsc.org/peachclassic

Can't wait till Tallinn. It's such a wonderful city. Have you made your hotel reservations yet? We can't seem to make up our mind. We stayed at the Olevi Residents last time. It has a great location, but quite a few stairs. And, I want to save my knees for the ice.

Rob

Mrs Redboots
04-03-2007, 12:51 PM
I'd be glad to tell her all about it. Thanks.

Can't wait till Tallinn. It's such a wonderful city. Have you made your hotel reservations yet? We can't seem to make up our mind. We stayed at the Olevi Residents last time. It has a great location, but quite a few stairs. And, I want to save my knees for the ice.We're staying somewhere called the Reval Express, which Piret recommended. And we're arriving a day early and staying on an extra 48 hours to have time to explore the city and get to know it a bit, which should be fun. Must remember my camera and stout walking shoes!

frbskate63
04-03-2007, 01:24 PM
All three of them - bronze free III and pre-silver solo dance in Tallinn, bronze free II and bronze dance in Oberstdorf, and bronze free III, bronze dance and pre-silver solo dance at MC.

Looking forward to catching up with everybody!

Fiona

rlichtefeld
04-04-2007, 08:36 AM
Thanks.

We're staying somewhere called the Reval Express, which Piret recommended. And we're arriving a day early and staying on an extra 48 hours to have time to explore the city and get to know it a bit, which should be fun. Must remember my camera and stout walking shoes!

When I check their website, it says they are full. They are right on the harbor and really close to the rink. We are looking for places in the Old Town - but they are way more expensive.

We get in late Thursday night (10:55pm) on the flight from Gatwick. And, we will probably leave out on Monday.

We are either going Helsinki -> Stockholm -> Tallinn, or Stockholm -> Helsinki -> Tallinn after. The ferries look like fun, and are pretty cheap.

We may also have 2 of our non-skating friends from Gerrards Cross join us, so that will affect our days in Tallinn.

Rob

frbskate63
04-04-2007, 02:23 PM
Rob, you're on the same flight as me. We'll have to arrange meeting up at Gatwick.

Fiona

pedonskates
04-04-2007, 03:46 PM
I am doing 2 of 3. I have a tight schedule with work so hopefully planes and trains will be on time!
O'Dorf - Masters FS (I think I - I'm 34)
Mountain Cup - Masters FS, silver figures, and open figures.
I'll do the Mountain Cup camp.
I can't get to Germany until the morning of the 23rd, so I may be pretty jet-lagged at the draw party that night.

Brenda aka Pedonskates.

2loop2loop
04-04-2007, 05:59 PM
I'm going to be at the MC doing Masters freeskate I and [gulp] pre-silver dance with coskater. Anyone who's thinking of coming to watch that particular event would be well advised not to bother - I can't imagine who thought this would be a good idea - oh yes, it was coskater!

It's not confirmed yet, but I may get to Oberstdorf to watch again this year - roll on 2009!

John

kateskate
04-05-2007, 04:50 AM
It's not confirmed yet, but I may get to Oberstdorf to watch again this year - roll on 2009!

John

I agree. Next year (I think - I'll be 28 in March 2008. Is that old enough?) I'll be old enough for Oberstdorf! Can't wait. Sadly can't afford to go and watch this year :(

Mrs Redboots
04-05-2007, 09:22 AM
I shall watch your dance debut with interest, John!

Rob, are you having a couple of days in the UK first? Only I know that BlueIIIMoon is, and we've already arranged that she'll come and skate at Streatham on Tuesday morning, 15 May, and it would be seriously fantastic if you came, too!

We're hoping for Oberstdorf in 2009 - I don't suppose I shall skate, but Husband wants to do his free, and might see if he can find a partner to do a Foxtrot and 14-step with. Unless we decide on a 2-minute free dance, just for fun.

frbskate63
04-05-2007, 12:27 PM
I'll be 28 in March 2008. Is that old enough?

Unfortunately, I don't think it is. This year's rules specify that competitors have to reach 28 by the 1st July preceding the competition. So since that's nearly a year in advance, hardly anyone under 29 will qualify.

Fiona

blue111moon
04-05-2007, 01:17 PM
Has anyone gotten an acknowledgement of their Obertsdorf application? I faxed mine last Friday via Fed Ex and have heard nothing. So I may be joining John as a specatator.

Or maybe not, if I don't get the plane reservations sorted out NOW !! I'm set to and from London and to and from Tallinn; it's the kangaroo-hopping around Germany and France that is boggling my brain.

coskater64
04-05-2007, 01:19 PM
It will be very interesting doing the dances with 2loop2loop we have done them a few times together but the patterns are set, and I am practicing them with my coach at home...so we'll see at the very least it will be interesting and something of an adventure. If it goes badly we'll just blame my hip, a very handy excuse...8O

rlichtefeld
04-05-2007, 02:31 PM
Rob, you're on the same flight as me. We'll have to arrange meeting up at Gatwick.

Fiona

Fiona,

Check your PM.

Rob

rlichtefeld
04-05-2007, 02:34 PM
Rob, are you having a couple of days in the UK first? Only I know that BlueIIIMoon is, and we've already arranged that she'll come and skate at Streatham on Tuesday morning, 15 May, and it would be seriously fantastic if you came, too!

No, we have a 7 hour lay-over at Gatwick on the 17th.

So, just enough time for shower, shopping, and (hopefully) some sleeping.

Rob

kateskate
04-05-2007, 05:02 PM
Unfortunately, I don't think it is. This year's rules specify that competitors have to reach 28 by the 1st July preceding the competition. So since that's nearly a year in advance, hardly anyone under 29 will qualify.

Fiona

Oh how annoying. Will have to wait til 2009......