View Full Version : Ice Dance Class - New York/CT Area

RoaringSkates
03-27-2007, 12:17 PM
The Hickory Hill FSC, based out of the Harvey School rink in Katonah, NY, is offering a "Learn to Ice Dance" class on Sunday mornings. It begins 1 April, and ends 4 June, from 10:45am-12:00. Time includes both class and practice ice.

You'd need to have at least some preliminary skating skills, but skaters from relative beginner to advanced, who want to learn to dance, have been in this class. All ages traditionally participate - kids through adults - so no need to be shy.

The class is usually taught by an elite level, internationally competitive (Worlds and/or Olympics) ice dancer who is skilled at coaching both with children and adults. I strongly believe that will be the case again this year.

You'll also be skating on the same ice as some elite level ice dancers - as well as lots of relative beginners, such as myself. You'll see some famous coaches while you're there.

It's a fun ice dance session, and I took this class when I was first starting out. I highly recommend it.

The cost is $180 for the series - a real bargain when I think about who ended up teaching my class, and what I learned.

You'll find the contact phone number and person on this link: http://www.hhfsc.org/

Look right on the first page, under "Sunday Group Ice Dancing Class".

RoaringSkates
03-28-2007, 08:44 AM
If you decide to do the class, feel free to drop me a note and I'll try to stop by and say "Hi!"

RoaringSkates
04-02-2007, 09:13 AM
They've moved the first day of the class to 22 April. If you're interested, call them.

They've told me that they do believe "Olympics guy" will teach the class. I've seen him teach both adults and kids, and he's got a nice touch.

das_mondlicht
04-05-2007, 09:53 AM
The cost is $180 for the series - a real bargain when I think about who ended up teaching my class, and what I learned.

They've told me that they do believe "Olympics guy" will teach the class. I've seen him teach both adults and kids, and he's got a nice touch.

$180 for about 10 lessons plus practices really is a great bargain. Who is the "Olympic guy"? I just started ice-dancing last Fall and am ready to test prelim dances. I am interested in taking this series, but hope to know a little bit about your experience. The only thing I am a bit hesitating is the skating school is within few minutes range to my work location and I already commute 120 miles daily...In other words, I need a push...to get there on every Sunday to the time I move out from east coast in July. Appreciate your opinions.

Luna