View Full Version : which first?

JustSkate<3
03-25-2007, 11:25 PM
Which is the best position in which to get into a bielman spin? I have been doing it from a one foot to an attitude, but by the time I have a hold on my blade, I am slowing down and begin to travel. Is there a better way?

tidesong
03-26-2007, 02:55 AM
I also do it from one foot then attitude. I have been practising and eventually am finally losing just a bit less speed now. You have to practise the beilmann spiral I feel (if you are doing a forward beilmann on your left leg, practise your left backward inside beilmann position spiral) to get the feel of how to balance into it.

I also feel that while I do lose speed when I hold my blade, I gain a bit of that speed back when I pull into the position. The key for me is to maintain my center of gravity over my blade (instead of rocking onto my toe picks) by keeping my torso strong over the hips, instead of leaning too far forwards to counterbalance.

I have no idea if you are facing any similar issues to me, but maybe that helps a bit?

JustSkate<3
03-27-2007, 08:06 PM
hi,
thanks for the help. yes, i do mine of the left, and i do tend to lean forward. I never really thought about keeping my torso strong over my hips, and now that you says that, I can tell this will help me next time. I hate it when the spin seems to be going perfectly, and suddenly I am forward, swinging to an inside edge...
thaks again!