View Full Version : My first ever private lesson!

cassarilda
03-23-2007, 02:44 AM
EEP!! 8O 8O 8O

So Ive organised for my first ever private lesson for Tuesday coming.. Its a new coach who has come out to Aus from the UK with her husband (also a skating coach).. The advantage of these guys is they both do dance as well as mostly singles/freeskate (do you all learn dance in the UK? :roll: :lol: ), so she can help me with that..

My aim is to have my Prelim (edges) and Dance E1 (dutch waltz and canasta tango) tests done by the end of the year! :)

I was also going to take a list of aims.
Short term:
GOOD powerful stroking and edges
Good dance crossovers
Refine all my turns
1 type of spin
1 type of jump (probably a waltz :D )
etc

Long Term:
Twizzles!!
Back 3s
All good feet moves (rockers, counters etc etc)
Up to Senior Dance :lol:
etc

Do you think thats a good idea? I havent actually met her yet, only her husband, but apparently she is lovely... I just thought it might be good to give her an idea of where I would like to go with my skating... Basically, I want to be GOOD! :D :lol:

And what should I expect? the lesson is 30mins after the start of the session, so Ive got 15-30mins to warm up, depending on how late I am :roll: then the lesson, and plenty of time to practise afterwards.

I know she will probably take me through what I know etc, and perhaps correct me as we go? Anything else? Im slightly nervous.. Ive done group lessons before, but nothing by myself.. :)

Wish me luck! and I will tell you all how I go! :D

AW1
03-23-2007, 06:22 AM
Good on you Erinna, I'm sure you'll find this great, and maybe a nice change from Sean trying to teach you. Let us know how you go with your prelim work ;)