View Full Version : Skating in Seattle, WA. Info Needed

das_mondlicht
03-22-2007, 08:29 PM
I will relocate to Washington state (Seattle area, UW neighborhood) in few months and greatly appreciate inputs and/or suggestions from those who are familiar with rinks in the neighborhood or easy access distance. Information regarding skating experiences, lessons, freestyle sessions, adult skaters, good blade sharpeners, good coaches etc. are highly appreciated. I might skate a lot less but hope to maintain what I have now. Many thanks in advance!

Luna

Sk8pdx
03-24-2007, 07:01 PM
Hi das_mondlicht,
You will love the northwest! perhaps when you get settled in we could have a forums meet-up in Seattle to welcome you as you start your new adventures here. :) Even though I don't live in Seattle, Since I skate with Casey from time to time, I can help a little with some of the locations of rinks where I have skated. If you are planning on living around the University District near UW, you will have at least a 15-20 minute drive to the nearest rink one-way. (and that is under optimum traffic conditions:?? ).

I think Highland Ice Arena and Castle Ice arena would be 2 places that are closer to the University. Just a little farther are Lynnwood Ice arena and Olympic View Arena. Even farther north of Seattle is the Comcast Community Ice Rink in Everett. (By far the BEST Ice I have ever skated on! it is like butter! - even Sandy K. could affirm that for me.). Highland is the crappiest, but has lots and lots of convenient public ice time.

You are welcome to pm me if you would like more details.
~sk8pdx :)

das_mondlicht
03-25-2007, 10:00 AM
You will love the northwest! ....

That's what everyone tells me!!! :P :P :P It must be a great place to start a new life!

Thanks for the information. It will save me many months for searching for rinks. It looks like I will move in during summer. But, I am starting to plan the move, because I also have 100 fish to move and take care. Once the time gets closer, I will definitely PM you for more details! :P I love to get to meet and know everyone and look forward to skating there!

Luna