View Full Version : bad backspin=good COP spin??

phoenix
03-22-2007, 05:14 PM
Okay just a curious question more than anything. I have a change foot spin in my program for AN.....the wonder of THAT being that I'm managing to spin at all! So--the change of foot to the backspin--while having improved dramatically in that I'm no longer doing twizzles instead of a true backspin....I *am* spinning on the inside edge, not outside. Not even a little bit.

SO--is there a chance the judges might think this is intentional & be happy about my inside-edge backspin? 8-)

jazzpants
03-22-2007, 05:20 PM
Okay just a curious question more than anything. I have a change foot spin in my program for AN.....the wonder of THAT being that I'm managing to spin at all! So--the change of foot to the backspin--while having improved dramatically in that I'm no longer doing twizzles instead of a true backspin....I *am* spinning on the inside edge, not outside. Not even a little bit.

SO--is there a chance the judges might think this is intentional & be happy about my inside-edge backspin? 8-)My guess is that the spin will still count as a backspin, but you won't receive credit for a harder spin. But I'm not a judge so I can't tell 'ya! The ONLY WAY I know of getting higher COP spin credits is if you spin on an outside edge for a couple of revolutions to start and THEN switch to an inside edge (or inside to outside edge)!

As far as I know, my backspins at my Bronze FS test did count when I tested. No reskate needed! 8-)

techskater
03-22-2007, 05:52 PM
Unless you are skating Gold or Masters FS, Pairs, or Dance, it doesn't matter because the event will be under 6.0. Interp is not under IJS which is what I recall you saying you are skating.

For it to count as a feature in a spin, you must do the spin on both edges (so a change of edge must happen in the spin).

ETA: When you look at the schedule, only events with an * are being judged under IJS.

ferelu
03-23-2007, 06:28 AM
Actually, your backspin will be counted as a backspin and you will get -2 on the GOE for being on the wrong edge. (You have to change edge to get the higher level, while you go straight to the inside edge.)