View Full Version : Adult Nationals Schedule Is Up!

manleywoman
03-21-2007, 05:58 PM
Hey all. The USFS surprised me by posting the schedule on their site first. So I'm still getting it all typed into the ANs site. But you can view it on their site under the Programs > Adult section:

http://www.usfigureskating.org/Programs.asp

Keep in mind a few things before the snarking begins:

1) The days start very early and run very late due to a lot of competitors coming and many skating in multiple events (Chris Williams alone is in FIVE!).
2) Due to IJS being used for all events Gold and above, all IJS events run on the West rink, and the other events on the East rink.
3) Due to the referee being very cognizant of trying to keep everyone's Official WarmUp as close to their event as possible, not everyone's WU is on the ice they are competing on (mine included). It is what it is people.

Once you know your schedule, if you have signed up to be a volunteer, please contact the volunteer coordinator, Les Ascher, asap to set up your volunteer times. Forms and contact info are here:
http://adultnationals2007.org/contact.html

Thanks!

daisies
03-21-2007, 06:56 PM
Thanks manleywoman! Do you happen to know if they (or you) will also be posting when/where the official warmups will be?

mikawendy
03-21-2007, 08:07 PM
The announcement is also available through the USFS Events page for AN. (http://www.usfigureskating.org/event_details.asp?id=34946)

sk8er1964
03-21-2007, 08:53 PM
Keep in mind a few things before the snarking begins:

Well, I'm not thrilled with possibly skating at 7:45 am on Wednesday. However, someone on another site pointed out that it is 4:45 am their time! 8O Then I realized that it is actually 8:45 my time, so I guess I won't b**ch. :P

TimDavidSkate
03-21-2007, 09:04 PM
I am happy that Im skating mid afternoon. I get to sleep in and relax, warmup, watch the champ gold men then start getting ready to skate. 8-)

Stormy
03-21-2007, 09:15 PM
Yes, I have to admit I am a little relieved that I am in late morning. No snarks from me!! :D

mantysk8er
03-21-2007, 09:40 PM
I am happy that Im skating mid afternoon. I get to sleep in and relax, warmup, watch the champ gold men then start getting ready to skate. 8-)

Me too! I don't function well early in the morning. I skate mid-afternoon, the perfect time for me!

NoVa Sk8r
03-21-2007, 10:12 PM
Well, I'm not thrilled with possibly skating at 7:45 am on Wednesday. However, someone on another site pointed out that it is 4:45 am their time! 8O Then I realized that it is actually 8:45 my time, so I guess I won't b**ch. :POh, brilliant analysis. The 7:50AM gold pairs event is kinda early, but now it is nearly 9AM EDT--much more doable. 8-)

flying~camel
03-22-2007, 07:15 AM
I actually like my events schedule for once :D

My interp (Interp I Artistic/Dramatic) is the 1st event on Thursday at 7:00 am and, since I have no QR for freestyle, I don't have to skate my freestyle (Bronze I) until Friday at 1:35 pm!

Wednesday will be a nice enjoyable day for me :)

coskater64
03-22-2007, 08:20 AM
I for one am just happy to participate, and this schedule mirrors the tentative schedule nicely so there are no surprises. I doesn't seem that 7 is too terribly early, like most I have done 4am practice ice and for one comp I was the first person to compete at 6:30 am. We get to be in a really fun city and the event looks to be well attended, what more could you ask?

coskater64

MusicSkateFan
03-22-2007, 08:32 AM
Wait a minute! How did they do that? They actually stayed pretty close to the tentative schedule! It must be a different ref than the one from Dallas!(tee hee)

It does look like Saturday night will be a late late party night! I will be ready to party!

Now if I can get may skating together enough so that I will have a good time on the ice!........

flo
03-22-2007, 08:51 AM
Thanks!!:D

TimDavidSkate
03-22-2007, 08:53 AM
Hiya MusicSkateFan are you doing Bronze Men this year?

MusicSkateFan
03-22-2007, 10:22 AM
Moved up to Silver III, TimDavid. I passed both Silver MITF and Freestyle the day before the entry deadline.

The Bronze III title is up for grabs!

I recently placed 1st in the Silver Mens Freestyle at the DC area CRC competition. I am doing the WFSC Adult send off exhibition on the 31st. Being a new Silver and no axel in my program I don't think I will be much of a contender. My plan is to stay low, skate fast and see what happens.

TimDavidSkate
03-22-2007, 10:35 AM
CONGRATS!!! :bow: You work so hard on the ice. No worries if you dont have an axel, just work on presentation to balance it out and hopefully make up for the missing axel.

Whats the rest of the results for the Silver Men :halo:

Moved up to Silver III, TimDavid. I passed both Silver MITF and Freestyle the day before the entry deadline.

The Bronze III title is up for grabs!

I recently placed 1st in the Silver Mens Freestyle at the DC area CRC competition. I am doing the WFSC Adult send off exhibition on the 31st. Being a new Silver and no axel in my program I don't think I will be much of a contender. My plan is to stay low, skate fast and see what happens.

NoVa Sk8r
03-22-2007, 10:54 AM
What's the rest of the results for the Silver Men :halo:http://www.crcskating.org/CRC_Results/2007/crc_results_2007.html

(MSF is a great skater, hard worker, and great inspiration for all adult skaters!)

TimDavidSkate
03-22-2007, 10:58 AM
http://www.crcskating.org/CRC_Results/2007/crc_results_2007.html

(MSF is a great skater, hard worker, and great inspiration for all adult skaters!)

Yeh he is totally..:bow: Stephen why didnt you skate?

NoVa Sk8r
03-22-2007, 11:01 AM
Good question (the event this year was held at MtV, my home rink).
The comp was the weekend right after Easterns, and I like to take a lil' break after competing.

TimDavidSkate
03-22-2007, 11:16 AM
Good question (the event this year was held at MtV, my home rink).
The comp was the weekend right after Easterns, and I like to take a lil' break after competing.

ahh gotcha, totally understandable :bow: i cant imagine skating two events and competing the week after

badaxel
03-22-2007, 11:26 AM
Well, I'm very happy because I'm skating around noon on Friday! Also, no qualifyer for Silver I! But, now I have nothing to do Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday! Anyone want to be my bleacher buddy? Maybe we can organize a meetup? Visit the city? Baseball game?

sk8er1964
03-22-2007, 12:28 PM
The LOC is looking for volunteers. PM me and I can get you in touch with that chair.

Kristin
03-22-2007, 01:30 PM
manleywoman,

I heard on another skating forum that Erin Westphal was the volunteer coordinater for AN's this year. Are Les & Erin working together to get the volunteers organized?

Thanks!

Mrs Redboots
03-22-2007, 01:49 PM
ahh gotcha, totally understandable :bow: i cant imagine skating two events and competing the week after
I take it we won't be seeing you do the European triathlon any time soon, then? Three events in as many weekends.... and many people do more than one event (we dancers don't get a choice! Two rounds for us, even though nobody is dropped from the first one - and two dances in each round, at the lower levels).

manleywoman
03-22-2007, 02:04 PM
manleywoman,

I heard on another skating forum that Erin Westphal was the volunteer coordinater for AN's this year. Are Les & Erin working together to get the volunteers organized?

Yes. Erin works during the week in Minnesota and is only in Chicago on weekends. Les is local, and we needed someone local to be able to attend meetings and work here. So they are working together. Email Les if you want to volunteer (see my 1st post) as he's collecting names.

TimDavidSkate
03-22-2007, 02:08 PM
:lol: Yeh, I only do one event when I compete. Freeskating. I get tired very easily and I like to save all my energy :halo:

I take it we won't be seeing you do the European triathlon any time soon, then? Three events in as many weekends.... and many people do more than one event (we dancers don't get a choice! Two rounds for us, even though nobody is dropped from the first one - and two dances in each round, at the lower levels).

jskater49
03-22-2007, 02:25 PM
:lol: Yeh, I only do one event when I compete. Freeskating. I get tired very easily and I like to save all my energy :halo:

I had new found respect for my daughter who often does 3 or 4 events in one day (spins, freestyle, jumps, short program, couple of dances) two days in a row this weekend after I did one freestyle and two dances in one day. I was done. I met a lady who did spins, freestyle, solo dance, partner dance and interp that night! I could not do that.

j

TimDavidSkate
03-22-2007, 02:30 PM
OUCH 8O Good for her :bow:

I had new found respect for my daughter who often does 3 or 4 events in one day (spins, freestyle, jumps, short program, couple of dances) two days in a row this weekend after I did one freestyle and two dances in one day. I was done. I met a lady who did spins, freestyle, solo dance, partner dance and interp that night! I could not do that.

j

Stormy
03-22-2007, 05:26 PM
Well, I'm very happy because I'm skating around noon on Friday! Also, no qualifyer for Silver I! But, now I have nothing to do Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday! Anyone want to be my bleacher buddy? Maybe we can organize a meetup? Visit the city? Baseball game?

I'LL DO A BASEBALL GAME! :) White Sox are away that week, but the Cubbies have a 1:20 on Wednesday, if that's do-able for you? I love any baseball. :)

techskater
03-22-2007, 05:49 PM
Stormy, if you and Badaxel decide to go to a Cubs game, PM me and I will help with the best transportation ideas (El!)

TimDavidSkate
03-22-2007, 05:53 PM
just a tid bit I want to share re: practice ice / music

Tim,
I am not sure about program music. I assume it will be played during the practice ice. It will not be played during the official warm-up.
Erin

flo
03-23-2007, 08:54 AM
Baseball??? Can I wear my orioles cap?

techskater
03-23-2007, 09:21 AM
Not to a Cubs game!

flo
03-23-2007, 09:42 AM
then I'll have to bring my Hello Kitty cap.

PattyP
03-23-2007, 01:13 PM
Well, I'm not thrilled with possibly skating at 7:45 am on Wednesday. However, someone on another site pointed out that it is 4:45 am their time! 8O Then I realized that it is actually 8:45 my time, so I guess I won't b**ch. :P

Yep, that would be me! Coming from the West Coast, I'm used to it. The time change used to fall in the same week and that would really kill me. I get up at O'dark thirty to skate before work, so I'm not concerned. I like the idea of getting it over with and being able to enjoy the day.

manleywoman
03-23-2007, 01:47 PM
Finally updated the schedule on the site. Am hoping to get all the vendors up soon too.

http://www.adultnationals2007.org

badaxel
03-23-2007, 05:08 PM
I'LL DO A BASEBALL GAME! :) White Sox are away that week, but the Cubbies have a 1:20 on Wednesday, if that's do-able for you? I love any baseball. :)

Yeah, let's go! I'm going to check who they're playing right now!

They're playing the Astros. Tickets are $24 or less, is that right? You can't even get in to Yankee Stadium for that! Anyone who wants in on the fun, PM me! Woohoo!

doubletoe
03-23-2007, 05:16 PM
Thanks for all your hard work, Allison!
Do you know if there will be a detailed schedule soon, showing the official 20 minute practice ice times for each competition?
My husband is flying in on a red-eye that lands at 5:30am on the day of my7:45am Gold III Ladies competition and we're trying to figure out the suddenly complicated logistics (and yes, as one of those west coast skaters who is 2 hours behind you Chicagoans, I'm also trying to get a handle on exactly how early I'll really have to get up for that! 8O)

manleywoman
03-23-2007, 06:41 PM
Do you know if there will be a detailed schedule soon, showing the official 20 minute practice ice times for each competition?

I don't sorry! I know that the practicec ice chair (Erin Krentz) couldn't even start assigning practice ice until we got the final schedule, so that will be a few days at least. As for the official WU, I don't know when that will come out. But if your event is at 7:45 am, I'd bet your official WU is right at 5:30 am. So if he's flying into O'Hare, it's so closeby to the rink, have him take a cab from O'Hare.

Mercedeslove
03-23-2007, 06:48 PM
what if you signed up to be a volunteer but are not skating?

silverbeetle
03-24-2007, 08:47 AM
Yeah, let's go! I'm going to check who they're playing right now!

They're playing the Astros. Tickets are $24 or less, is that right? You can't even get in to Yankee Stadium for that! Anyone who wants in on the fun, PM me! Woohoo!

Tickets to Cubs games aren't the easiest things to come across...I doubt you'll be able to find them for face value.

manleywoman
03-24-2007, 10:43 AM
what if you signed up to be a volunteer but are not skating?

Les Ascher should contact you if you already signed up.

Cubs tickets can be bought at http://www.stubhub.com for not too much more over face value. I've bought through them before with no problems. Seeing a game at Wrigley Field is awesome.

Might I also suggest getting tickets for The Second City's current production of "Between Barack and a Hard Place." Second City is where all the great improv comedians of past have gotten their start: Chevy Chase, Jon Belushi, Gilda Radner, Stephen Colbert, etc. Their new show has gotten rave reviews, and it's just blocks from the Sedgwick stop on the Brown Line.
http://www.secondcity.com/

techskater
03-24-2007, 10:56 AM
It may be easier to get tickets for Weds afternoon game (since they aren't playing the Sox or Cards) on the website. Also, the players' tickets get returned on the previous Friday and are released to the Cubs website as available, so if you can't get tickets now, check the Friday before.

doubletoe
03-24-2007, 12:58 PM
I don't sorry! I know that the practicec ice chair (Erin Krentz) couldn't even start assigning practice ice until we got the final schedule, so that will be a few days at least. As for the official WU, I don't know when that will come out. But if your event is at 7:45 am, I'd bet your official WU is right at 5:30 am. So if he's flying into O'Hare, it's so closeby to the rink, have him take a cab from O'Hare.

Thanks, Allison, I'll tell him. Hmm, that's 3:30am L.A. time. . .Ohhh boy! :D

manleywoman
03-24-2007, 01:01 PM
Updates have been made to the Travel section (to add Cubs/Sox/other links) and the Vendor page, listing our vendors and silent auction items. If you have additional items to donate for the auction, contact Nancy Ares (email on the site).

http://www.adultnationals2007.org/index.html

PattyP
03-25-2007, 03:17 PM
Thanks, Allison, I'll tell him. Hmm, that's 3:30am L.A. time. . .Ohhh boy! :D

I guess we wont be out drinking late Tuesday night ;)

mikawendy
03-25-2007, 03:43 PM
Hi, everyone--
I had reserved a room at the Comfort Suites in Lombard, IL (arrive 4/9, check out 4/14) using the AN "LSKATE" room block rate of $74/night plus tax, but I think I'll be staying at the hotel my cousin works at in Oak Park, for a lower rate.

Before I cancel my Comfort Suites reservation, I thought I'd see if anyone else is interested in getting a room at the Comfort Suties for the room block rate. The room block is over, but I spoke on the phone with someone at the hotel, and it's possible to change the name and credit card info on the reservation (and also the days of the stay) and keep the same rate instead of the higher regular rate.

PM me if you're interested.

lovepairs
03-26-2007, 12:32 PM
Does anyone know when the Adult Nationals practice ice schedule will be out?

lovepairs
03-26-2007, 01:28 PM
Thanks, again, for manipulating my thread...very much appreciated!

Isk8NYC
03-26-2007, 01:37 PM
You're welcome! :)

The "LINKS" page on the adult nationals website gives a contact for practice ice. Maybe she's working on the schedule?

lovepairs
03-26-2007, 06:01 PM
Never seen anyone tinker with the 5th amendment quite the way you do! Hope you're having fun! :P

TimDavidSkate
03-28-2007, 07:30 AM
YESSS!!! :D The Official Warmup times are up (http://www.usfigureskating.org/content/events/200607/adultnationals/schedule.pdf)

manleywoman
03-28-2007, 11:05 AM
More updates to the schedule page, with the Ladies Qualifying Groups listed:

http://www.adultnationals2007.org/Schedule.html

phoenix
03-28-2007, 11:08 AM
?? It lists Interpretive Qualifying yet to come. I thought there were no Q Rounds for that? The schedule says FR for all the interp events.

TimDavidSkate
03-28-2007, 11:14 AM
wow, I cant believe the roster is so long, wonder if the men's list will ever be like that 8O

daisies
03-28-2007, 01:35 PM
?? It lists Interpretive Qualifying yet to come. I thought there were no Q Rounds for that? The schedule says FR for all the interp events.

It's because some Interp groups are split into A and B (probably due to more than 18 entries). "Qualifying" group is probably the wrong term to use in this case, but there you go!

manleywoman
03-28-2007, 02:22 PM
It's because some Interp groups are split into A and B (probably due to more than 18 entries). "Qualifying" group is probably the wrong term to use in this case, but there you go!

Correct. Sorry, I fixed it.

sk8er1964
03-28-2007, 03:08 PM
PattyP and I are in the same QR. Are we allowed to drink wine in the parking lot at 10:00 am? :P

PattyP
03-28-2007, 06:44 PM
PattyP and I are in the same QR. Are we allowed to drink wine in the parking lot at 10:00 am? :P

Absolutely! I figure if we have to get up that early to WU and compete, we are entitled to before noon wine!

Do you like Champagne? That's always good early in the day. ;) Maybe mimosas? :D

doubletoe
03-28-2007, 06:52 PM
I'm in Gold III B, too! Can I join you in the parking lot? I vote for a nice pinot noir or syrah/shiraz. . . although I sure won't complain about champagne if that's all we've got! :lol:

sk8er1964
03-28-2007, 11:17 PM
Champagne works for me! First bottle's on me! :P

Doubletoe - you are more than welcome to join, but you have to pm me to tell me who you are in the real world :lol:

PattyP
03-29-2007, 11:14 AM
I'm in Gold III B, too! Can I join you in the parking lot? I vote for a nice pinot noir or syrah/shiraz. . . although I sure won't complain about champagne if that's all we've got! :lol:

If that's all we've got??? You don't know me very well, do you. ;)

I'll bring the glasses, maybe some cheese and crackers...

Sk8er1964 has the Champagne to start, then Doubletoe can bring a nice Pinot to transition too and then I will bring a big Syrah to finish us off! :lol:

I hope some others will join us or we're going to be a mess!

My coach, Sherri, will be there.

flying~camel
03-29-2007, 11:47 AM
Interp groups are up:

http://www.usfigureskating.org/content/events/200607/adultnationals/interpretive.pdf

Woo - I'm guaranteed a medal in Interp I A/D ;)

flo
03-29-2007, 01:46 PM
18 in my group.........8O

Isk8NYC
03-29-2007, 01:48 PM
I guess adult skating is growing.
Practice hard, everyone!

doubletoe
03-29-2007, 02:03 PM
If that's all we've got??? You don't know me very well, do you. ;)

I'll bring the glasses, maybe some cheese and crackers...

Sk8er1964 has the Champagne to start, then Doubletoe can bring a nice Pinot to transition too and then I will bring a big Syrah to finish us off! :lol:

I hope some others will join us or we're going to be a mess!

My coach, Sherri, will be there.

Ahh, perfect! My hubby will be there, but he'll fresh off a red-eye from L.A. so he'll be out after 1 glass, LOL!

flo
04-02-2007, 11:39 AM
Hi,
Anyone arriving at O'Hare tuesday Morning? Looking for a ride to the hotel/rink.
Thanks

Michigansk8er
04-02-2007, 11:53 AM
Champagne works for me! First bottle's on me! :P

Doubletoe - you are more than welcome to join, but you have to pm me to tell me who you are in the real world :lol:

Is your cheering section invited too? :)

TimDavidSkate
04-02-2007, 12:11 PM
Here are some local Taxi cab info. I have gathered.
(All of them are within the town of Bensenville)

Three O Three Taxi
630-451-0303

American Taxi
630-350-1188

O'Hare Taxi Service
630-227-1122

All Star Cab
630-787-9200

sk8er1964
04-02-2007, 01:47 PM
Is your cheering section invited too? :)

LOL - sure! The more the merrier :lol:

Michigansk8er
04-02-2007, 02:21 PM
LOL - sure! The more the merrier :lol:

Great!!! Count us in. I'll try to hobble out with some chocolate.

manleywoman
04-02-2007, 04:10 PM
Updates were made to the site. Apparantly the pdf of the schedule was "tweaked" but I was not informed. So now the website reflects the correct times. But of course, the program has already printed, so some of the event times are now wrong in the program. Grrrrr.......

I've also included a list of the entrants by event on the Schedule page of the site. It's current as of today, as people are still unfortunately finding themselves in the wrong category at times. (One Silver lady was also signed up for Masters Interp instead of Interp. Whoops.)

http://www.adultnationals2007.org/Schedule.html

PattyP
04-02-2007, 04:37 PM
(One Silver lady was also signed up for Masters Interp instead of Interp. Whoops.)

In some cases they need to be because of some Dance test that they have passed. At least that is the case with a Silver Lady that I know. I'm sure there were some booboos too.

What confused me was the lack of "Light Entertainment" category on the application. There was only a choice between "Comedy/Character" and "Artistic/Dramatic". When the groups came out, "Light Entertainment" was there.

NoVa Sk8r
04-02-2007, 05:25 PM
I've also included a list of the entrants by event on the Schedule page of the site. It's current as of today, as people are still unfortunately finding themselves in the wrong category at times. (One Silver lady was also signed up for Masters Interp instead of Interp. Whoops.)

http://www.adultnationals2007.org/Schedule.htmlWow, Allison. Once again, thank you so much for all your timely organization. I, for one, am truly grateful for all the info/updates you have been providing. Seeing the list of entrants was an unexpected--and wonderful--plus! 8-)

doubletoe
04-02-2007, 05:30 PM
Manleywoman, you are awesome! :bow:

MusicSkateFan
04-02-2007, 05:33 PM
Slight Typo in Silver Men III

Randy Glasner : Washington FSC

I am NOT Gregory Randy Glasner.......I think the Gregory goes with the name above mine! LOL

daisies
04-02-2007, 05:34 PM
What confused me was the lack of "Light Entertainment" category on the application. There was only a choice between "Comedy/Character" and "Artistic/Dramatic". When the groups came out, "Light Entertainment" was there.

Hi Patty! The name of the Interp category was changed by the Adult Skating Committee this year to "Light Entertainment." The application does say "Light Entertainment/Comedy" (I just double-checked!), although technically "Comedy" isn't part of the name anymore. The name "Light Entertainment" encompasses both character and comedy numbers, but also allows for routines along the lines of "Big Spender," "If They Could See Me Now," etc. ... those didn't have a place under the previous structure of "Dramatic/Artistic" and "Comedy/Character."

mantysk8er
04-02-2007, 07:41 PM
Question...is there, or will there be a practice ice schedule posted online somewhere?

Thanks!

PattyP
04-02-2007, 09:52 PM
Hi Patty! The name of the Interp category was changed by the Adult Skating Committee this year to "Light Entertainment." The application does say "Light Entertainment/Comedy" (I just double-checked!), although technically "Comedy" isn't part of the name anymore. The name "Light Entertainment" encompasses both character and comedy numbers, but also allows for routines along the lines of "Big Spender," "If They Could See Me Now," etc. ... those didn't have a place under the previous structure of "Dramatic/Artistic" and "Comedy/Character."

I registered on-line so I cannot check the form, but I'm pretty sure they were listed under the old structure. No matter. :giveup: I'm glad they changed it, as you said, many programs don't fit in either of the old categories. My usual programs always fit in Character/Comedy, but I decided to change it up this year. I was getting tired of all the crazy prop, costumes...etc. ;)

And I totally agree, manleywoman is doing an awsome job of keeping us informed!! :bow:

I can't believe in just one week I'll be on an airplane to CHICAGO 8O

manleywoman
04-02-2007, 10:32 PM
Question...is there, or will there be a practice ice schedule posted online somewhere?

If I'm given one by the Practice Ice Chair, I'll post it. But I don't know that she will.

MusicSkateFan, aka Randy: I'll fix it on the sheet, but unfortunately it's printed that way in the program. My crack team of three proofreaders all missed that glitch. :oops: So sorry! I had only a few days to lay the program out, plus dealing with withdraws/switches/etc during the process, so I'm sure there are a few mistakes in the program. But I did the best i could.

I'm glad you all are happy with the updates! We want happy competitors!

WeirFan06
04-04-2007, 06:39 AM
Hey, does anybody know how easy it usually is to pick up practice ice once you get there?? Are they usually all filled up, or can you add yourself to one without much trouble? I forgot to send in the paper with my application (I was waiting because I wasn't sure what day we were actually going to get there and then once I figured it out I just forgot to send it in.) It's not a huge deal if I can't get on one... I'll still have the 20 minute warm up the day of the event... I just thought I would try. Thanks.

techskater
04-04-2007, 07:55 AM
It depends on how picky you are on what time your practice ice is. I usually wait 'til I get there.

phoenix
04-04-2007, 07:58 AM
There are also tons of rinks nearby.....

PattyP
04-05-2007, 12:55 PM
Since I will be packing this weekend....

Can anyone give us a clue as to how cold the rinks are?

I skate in So. Cal, but I swear I skate in the coldest rink in the country. ;)

I'm just wondering if I should pack short sleeves for practice or turtlenecks.

manleywoman
04-05-2007, 01:52 PM
Bensenville was pretty chilly when I was there last week.

Updates have been made to the Travel section of the site. Directions between hotel/O'Hare/rink have been added, plus a comprehensive list of restauratns around the rink with a map.

http://www.adultnationals2007.org/travel.html

I'm waiting to get a few questions answered from Erin Krentz (Practicce Ice chair) then I can post the practice ice schedule.

Frumpy
04-05-2007, 06:59 PM
Since I will be packing this weekend....

Can anyone give us a clue as to how cold the rinks are?

I skate in So. Cal, but I swear I skate in the coldest rink in the country. ;)

I'm just wondering if I should pack short sleeves for practice or turtlenecks.

I'd like to second the request to know how cold the rinks are in this area, please....

I'm coming from Florida, and our rinks are fairly warm!:P

flying~camel
04-05-2007, 08:08 PM
Updates have been made to the Travel section of the site. Directions between hotel/O'Hare/rink have been added, plus a comprehensive list of restauratns around the rink with a map.

http://www.adultnationals2007.org/travel.html

I'm waiting to get a few questions answered from Erin Krentz (Practicce Ice chair) then I can post the practice ice schedule.

manleywoman, THANK YOU for all of the work you have done to keep us updated! :bow:

It's quite the contrast to Dallas last year!

flo
04-06-2007, 08:13 AM
Got this last night
Re: practice ice:

We are sorry, but due to the large size of the competition Thursday
practices are 20 minutes. Refunds will be handled at practice ice
check-in.

techskater
04-06-2007, 09:58 AM
I'd like to second the request to know how cold the rinks are in this area, please....

I'm coming from Florida, and our rinks are fairly warm!:P

They are definitely colder than the rinks in FL. I didn't do the exhibition last week at B'ville, but my training partners did and one commented that it was about as chilly as our home rink is this (~20 degrees)

Frumpy
04-06-2007, 10:28 AM
(~20 degrees)

That's really cold! As my mom used to say...I'm gonna freeze my "sweet-bippy" off! ;)

manleywoman
04-06-2007, 11:09 AM
Got this last night
Re: practice ice:

We are sorry, but due to the large size of the competition Thursday
practices are 20 minutes. Refunds will be handled at practice ice
check-in.

Yup. Practice ice is 40 minutes all the other days of the event, but demand on Thursday was so overwhelming that they had to be spilt into two 20 minutes sessions to try to accomodate everyone, and refunds will be given for the lost time.

But we hope everyone is happy that the practice sessions on the other days are longer than normal, at 40 minutes rather than the usual 30 minutes that past ANs have been.

People have signed up for so much practice ice, that even skaters whose events are over are filling the practices on the later days. So the other rinks in the area will be happy to take the overflow I'm sure!

flo
04-06-2007, 11:49 AM
I thought the ice was limited? Why should people with events that have finished be allowed to reserve practice ice?

manleywoman
04-06-2007, 12:12 PM
I thought the ice was limited? Why should people with events that have finished be allowed to reserve practice ice?

She gave priority to those with events still to come. We're talking early saturday morning ice here, hardly super-desireable. But if nobody competing that day wanted it, she gave it to those others who signed up.

manleywoman
04-06-2007, 06:24 PM
Another update:

It looks like we are going to be offering MASSAGES at ANs! Well, not the LOC, but a team of therapists. The final days/hours are still being worked out, but there will be a team of masseuses on hand, and you can sign up for a massage with them on a sign up sheet on the first floor. You sign up and pay them directly for the time you use. Work out those sore muscles!

Stormy
04-06-2007, 08:52 PM
You just became my new best friend!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will SO need one, good thing I am getting in early, first thing I'm doing when I get to the rink is signing up for one.

ETA: Problem I posted about was solved! :)

mantysk8er
04-08-2007, 10:44 AM
This is probably a question I should have asked weeks ago, instead of two days before the competition, but was I supposed to have gotten something in the mail...like a confirmation packet or something? I mean, I have my skate times from getting them online, and I am not pre-registered for any practice ice, so I don't need that, but I just feel like I am missing something.

Did any of you guys get anything about AN in the mail?

flo
04-08-2007, 12:37 PM
"MASSAGES"

:bow: Now need coffee to deliver..........

daisies
04-08-2007, 01:05 PM
This is probably a question I should have asked weeks ago, instead of two days before the competition, but was I supposed to have gotten something in the mail...like a confirmation packet or something? I mean, I have my skate times from getting them online, and I am not pre-registered for any practice ice, so I don't need that, but I just feel like I am missing something.

Did any of you guys get anything about AN in the mail?

Nope, nothing in the mail. You're all good. :)

dcden
04-09-2007, 10:47 AM
Question (and apologies if this has already been answered): When/where is the adult committee meeting being held during Adult Nationals?

jazzpants
04-09-2007, 12:01 PM
Question (and apologies if this has already been answered): When/where is the adult committee meeting being held during Adult Nationals?
Ooooooh, yes!!! Please share about what happened at Adult Committee meeting at AN and what's been proposed, etc. Inquiring minds wanna know!!! :mrgreen: (Thanks much, dcden for reminding me!)

manleywoman
04-09-2007, 01:17 PM

Tony's looking at 2:30 pm on Friday.

Thin-Ice
04-10-2007, 02:55 AM
Tony's looking at 2:30 pm on Friday.

I'm not going to be there this year.. so this doesn't directly impact me. But once again this time conflicts directly with the Bronze III and Bronze IV Ladies events. It did at Dallas and at KC, as well. Believe it or not the "older, less skilled" skaters actually want to hear what's going on or likely to happen at GC too.. and possibly give some input on how proposed changes might affect them.

Once again, good luck to everyone at AN!