View Full Version : Adult Workshop in Baltimore

Scarlett
03-18-2007, 05:34 PM
Has anyone been to the adult workshop (http://www.nvo.com/niceice/adultseminar/) in Baltimore? What are your thoughts? I'm considering signing up this year.

Skate@Delaware
03-18-2007, 06:09 PM
Oh, GO GO GO!!!! Hubby and I went last year, and although I wasn't near as good as I am now (actually, I'm not any better but I like to think the $$$$ I've shelled out for ice time and lessons has gotten me somewhere).....IT WAS FUN AND WORTH IT!!!! It was geared for all levels of skaters and you can push yourself as much (or as little) as you wish to.

AND EXHAUSTING!!!!

By the end of the day, I wished I had reserved a hotel room (with a jacuzzi) nearby, because i was wiped out! Luckily hubby drove home (he only skated 1/2 day).

There was a ton of skating exercises and the video analysis was priceless (not just for jumps and spins but for stroking and basic skating stuff-even that can go wrong and throw you off).

My big complaint was the lunch-I'm used to eating like a farmgirl (meat and carbs) and the lunch was "light" and did not tide me over, although it was delicious.

The small complaint was some confusion over the pilates/off ice class....some of us were not sure where/when it was...

Debbie S
03-18-2007, 09:48 PM
Mt. Pleasant is one of my home rinks, and I've been to the adult seminar for the past 2 years that they've had it, and will likely be going again this year, so I definitely recommend you come. :) It's a good value (a lot of ice time - in addition to the classes, there's open skating time) and the classes and coaches have all been good. There is also the opportunity to schedule private lessons with any of the coaches. Last year, there were about 25 people - a good-sized group, but not so huge that you feel lost.

The small complaint was some confusion over the pilates/off ice class....some of us were not sure where/when it was...Thanks for the feedback - I'll share it with the program director. I thought for sure that there was a copy of the day's schedule (with the time and location of the pilates class) in everyone's folder, and I'm pretty sure Ruthie was directing people to the location at the time, but I'll definitely let her know of the confusion, and hopefully it won't happen again.

flo
03-19-2007, 10:24 AM
If I'm in my new skates, I may go. Ruthie is a great organizer.