View Full Version : Practice Ice in VT?

badaxel
03-17-2007, 07:26 AM
Hey everyone! I'm going to Okemo next weekend, and I was wondering if anyone knew of any rinks where I can find some freestyle ice around there. With AN so close and my schedule so crazy, I would really like to just get in an hour or two next weekend. Thanks!
Chris

Isk8NYC
03-17-2007, 08:40 AM
I wonder how crowded the ice rink at the resort is at this time of the year?

They have public sessions all day long, but maybe if you went early, they'd let you get in a few runthroughs with music.

Doesn't hurt to ask.

LilJen
03-18-2007, 03:06 PM
Hi Chris--When I was there in December (okay, we passed by there on our way out of town) I thought I saw an outdoor rink at the bottom of the mtn. Dunno if it's still up there now?

I found great ice in Manchester--Riley Rink (rileyrink.com). They have quite a lot of public ice time and it's not very crowded; at least, this was the case in December during the school break (Olympic size rink, too; but it's *COLD* so wear lots of layer!) Not sure about freestyle times.

Other places I'd check: Union Arena in Woodstock (unionarena.org); Nelson Withington Rink in Brattleboro (if they're still up--seasonal rink)--nicest bunch of folks you could find, with 2 adults-only sessions per week; Chester Arena in Lyndon Center (http://www.chesterarena.com/index.php). Good luck!