View Full Version : HELP! Need 1 minute of music!

LilJen
03-12-2007, 06:32 PM
Okay, so I got talked into entering a basic skills comp. I signed up not 2 weeks ago for this--rather spur of the moment, as I've never competed before and hadn't really planned on doing so. The required/permitted moves are simple (I have no nerves regarding that), and the music is provided, OR the competitor can provide music (no more than 1 minute).

So today I finally got to the rink for a freestyle session to hear the music. "I'm Looking Over a Four-Leaf Clover," complete with HONK! HONK! clown horns. :roll: Looked very cute on the little girl who was working on her program, but for me??? Only if I were wearing a red nose and a rainbow wig. 8O

Does anyone know of any websites that have cuts of more age-appropriate music? No lyrics allowed. HELP HELP HELP!!!! This comp is Saturday. (Message to self: NEVER DO THIS AGAIN!!) Fortunately our (my & dh's) entire music collection is already digitized so I may be able to cut something quick, but if there's something out there already cut, well, I'll take it!

Derek
03-12-2007, 07:06 PM
Dunno if anything here is suitable, but I recorded these myself, on classical guitar. You are welcome to use anything, in edited form ...

http://www.orbitfiles.com/download/Dereksmusic

Perhaps the Spanish Romance ...
or perhaps Andante ...
or evocacion is beautiful ...

Just a helpful longshot anyway.

Isk8NYC
03-12-2007, 07:48 PM
Check out the overture of your favorite soundtrack. There are usually short snippets of the best songs 'mixed' together. The overture is a medley, and the songs in the show/movie/etc. are played without any vocals.

There's always Karaoke, but don't let Nova & Company near the mic.

Sessy
03-12-2007, 07:48 PM
use audacity to cut your own music :)

sk8pics
03-13-2007, 06:07 AM
Over on www.have-dog.com/house there is a clip of some original piano music cut for the show House. It has to be around a minute or so, I think, and if not, you could easily cut it I'd think. Very pretty music.

LilJen
03-13-2007, 08:35 AM
Thanks, everyone, for the suggestions and websites, and Derek, for the classical guitar cuts. My week is so busy that I may not have time to cut new music. . . but I seem to have gained back my sense of humor with a good night's sleep, so I think I might be able to roll with the punches of the clown-y music. . .