View Full Version : pictures of dresses

xofivebyfive
03-12-2007, 01:18 PM
Hi! I am currently in the process of looking at a bunch of dresses, so I can get some ideas for what I would like for when I change my music and move up a level. That probably won't be until May or June, but I'd like to start looking now. The reason that I need ideas is that I need to get a custom dress, because all the off the rack dresses are way too short in the torso for me. Every other meausurement will be perfect but the torso will be like, 56. !? I need 61-62 inches and I've checked ebay every day for the last 2 or 3 months and they never ever have anything that fits me well. I tried ordering a Jerry's dress that I loved, but it is huge everywhere but the length is still too short. I was very very lucky to find a dress last summer on ebay that was my exact meausurements and blue, which was what I wanted for my program, but I've yet to be that lucky again. (It was made by the owner of figureskatewear.com (http://figureskatewear.com/gallery/tealgold_FB_500.htm)) I'm thinking of getting something from her, but like all custom made dresses, it will probably be extremely expensive, but I need one that fits me and I'd rather not wear the same dress for all 4 events that I do at competitions, you know? I've saved enough money to buy one dress, so I want to get it right. I haven't made a music choice yet, but I will save the pictures that I like and then see if any styles fit the music I eventually choose.

What was my point? Oh okay, I already found this website (http://www.swpskating.com/events.htm) but are there any other websites that have pictures from competitions so I could get some ideas? Thanks if you guys can help! You all are usually very helpful whenever I ask an annoying question. :halo:

jp1andOnly
03-12-2007, 10:31 PM
custom dresses arent that much. Its when you start adding on the cost of beading and crystals that it adds up. Dressmakers will usually give an estimate of the cost. You can also tell them your budget. If you want to save a bit, do the beading yourself and get them to make the dress with little embellishment

twokidsskatemom
03-13-2007, 01:48 AM
http://www.customskatewear.com/gallery.php

We have used her for a few years, you can see both my kids on her page. She does a great job working on ideas for dresses, colors, themes with the music ect. She is well priced and very nice to deal with !!

flo
03-13-2007, 09:13 AM
Actually some custom dresses can be very expensive even without much decoration. Figureskatewear does make beautiful dresses, but they are pricey. She does offer some of the used dresses for sale.
This is from her website:

"FAQ's
Is it possible to get a custom skating dress for under $200?
No. Custom figure skating dresses like anything that is custom made requires customized work that cannot be created with the cost saving attributes of an assembly line type manufacturing. However, with a custom designed skating dress you won't see two of the same skating dress at a competition. For Off-the-Rack dresses under $200 please visit our Boutique and Main Street Dancewear pages to see our new line of Off-the-Rack skating dresses; both unbeaded and lightly beaded.

Can I bead the skating dress to save money?
No, not on custom made dresses. I do not allow clients to bead any competition skating dresses that I provide. This is a quality control issue as Figure Skatewear™ does not want the quality of their work designing and producing custom made skating dresses to be judged based on someone else's beading."

flying~camel
03-13-2007, 09:51 AM
www.sk8stuff.com has a collection of various competition pictures from MI and OH (and a few other areas).

xofivebyfive
03-13-2007, 12:27 PM
Thanks you guys!