View Full Version : Laces

Coldfete
03-11-2007, 04:14 AM
Over the last few weeks my family has purchased five pairs of new skates of different makes. Each time we have been amused and then puzzled to find that the laces supplied with the skates are long enough to rope in a raging bull.

Why do manufacturers insist on supplying laces that are far too long?

Sessy
03-11-2007, 04:21 AM
my laces aren't too long. Both pairs, the original ones and the ones I purchased later when the original ones tore.

peanutskates
03-11-2007, 04:58 AM
maybe so if you put them in the washing machine and they shrink it won't matter that much?

Sessy
03-11-2007, 10:50 AM
don't do that with pre-greased (waxed?) laces though.

Ice Dancer
03-11-2007, 02:56 PM
I always find laces are too short. Only now are mine stretched enough to tie them comfortably, and I've had my skates about three-four months!

sue123
03-11-2007, 04:51 PM
My first pair of real skates, the laces were the right length. My next pair of skates, they were way too short. Not sure why, since when I was trying them on, the guy I bought them from laced them all the way to the top and tied them so I could try them on. After I bought them and tried to tie them myself, I could barely get them past the second hook, let alone all the way to the top. Unless he somehow swapped the laces really quickly and relaced them without me looking, they should be the same ones.