View Full Version : Morning Ice in Jacksonville, Florida area

skate1965
01-22-2007, 07:08 PM
I'm looking for early morning ice somewhere in the Jacksonville, FL area during the business week, next week. So far I can't find anything...

sk8guy
01-23-2007, 08:15 AM
I haven't been to Jacksonville since the late 90's. But at that time there was only 1 rink in the Jax area. I don't remember what it was called but it was a combined ice and roller facility and it was in the southern end of the burbs.

Frumpy
01-24-2007, 11:23 AM
I used to skate at Skateworld in Jacksonville. It's a complete dump. And I'm being nice. But, it is the only rink in NE Florida until you get to Orlando, Daytona or Tampa. Honestly, I would not waste my money skating there.

If you ABSOLUTELY can't stand to be off the ice for a week, here is a map and the address:

Skateworld
3605 Phillips Hwy.
Jacksonville, FL 32207
904-399-3223

http://www.arenamaps.com/arenas/721.htm

I don't know if you have to be a club member to skate the freestyle sessions, I know they were talking about doing that around the time that I stopped skating there. :giveup: I also don't know their weekday FS schedule.

They used to have public sessions on Tuesday and Thursday evenings around 7:30-9:30pm that you could pretty much do anything that you want. If you're really itching to skate, I would recommend jumping on one of those sessions.

Best of Luck!:lol: